BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #67
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Great...Mr Kleen

gs/e60/1m...thank you for all your hard work in gathering this information. If M Flight and other clubs are interested in partnering with us, I say GREAT and let's press forward and plan a November trip to Spa. Finances will be the key issue but we got some smart guys in this forum.

For now though I think it's awesome that the BMW Drivers Club guys will let us drive with them in March and the price is right....so this is icing on the cake as we Americans like to say.

Thanks again and let's keep the energy going...in the end it's about having safe fun together in this cool international community of car lovers

No probs Rick! we have a mutual intrest here
Since we are the older guys here on a mission i'll take it upon us to organize this unique event if that's allright with you?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #68
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
Less than €420 for a track day where I pretty much know everyone? Sign me up!

My buddy from the office will probably go, depending on timing. And there's a guy on base with a CTS-V who's a track junky who would probably take a slot as well.

I'm also interested if there are any extra slots with the Belgian club, Rikx1M.

You're on it sir!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #69
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
Less than €420 for a track day where I pretty much know everyone? Sign me up!

My buddy from the office will probably go, depending on timing. And there's a guy on base with a CTS-V who's a track junky who would probably take a slot as well.

I'm also interested if there are any extra slots with the Belgian club, Rikx1M.
Are you talking about John Balint? If so hes a good guy to have along. I've been on a back raods excursion with him and another of my buds who also has a CTS-V.

Not sure I'll be around for the Novemeber trip but if I am I'll be putting some thought into this.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #70
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
That's the guy. I've hung out with him a few times but never in a driving situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #71
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Small world 'eh.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #72
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Being native English speaking auto enthusiasts in Germany makes it a much smaller world.

What was really funny was reading the comments on a Jalopnik post and running into him there.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #73
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Latest info...

OK....the latest info.

Got a call today from the Dutch BMW Drivers Club and they said:

YES, we will have open pits. Anyone who pays will get a space in the pits to change tires and store things. So that's great news.

Second, they hope to have 100 cars so are willing to have us join them. Tow and track officials included in price.

Cost is 350 euros, need to be paid by 11 Feb I think she said.

They'll have two groups: morning and afternoon. She stated that we could probably have 4-5 hours on the track

Send an email to: nynke@bmwdriversclub.nl and let her know you are with my group...mention Rick, and she will register you. To call her and make the reservation instead of via email: +31627474964

So anyone else game to join me 27 March at Spa-Francorchamps?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #74
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Just got a call from one of the coordinators that gave us permission to join them without actually joining the club...she wanted to know if anyone else from our group is going to join me at Spa?

Anyone thinking about it? Open pits, driving on track for 4-5 hours...doesn't excite any of you?
      02-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #75
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I can't make this one Rick. But I would think someone else would join you for this cool HPDE.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #76
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Just got a call from one of the coordinators that gave us permission to join them without actually joining the club...she wanted to know if anyone else from our group is going to join me at Spa?

Anyone thinking about it? Open pits, driving on track for 4-5 hours...doesn't excite any of you?
Have to pass too, sorry Rick. Since it's a normal working day in Belgium and i'm on tight workshedule at that time I don't even have to consider this.
Wish you a pleasant and exiting time at Spa tough
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #77
Vikinger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Hi,

I am new to this board, coming from German Rhineland-Palatinate, not far away from the Belgian border. Just came accross this post and am seriously considering a participation, as The Franchorchamps track is only some 80km away from here. Do you have any information on how many cars have been registered.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #78
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger View Post
Hi,

I am new to this board, coming from German Rhineland-Palatinate, not far away from the Belgian border. Just came accross this post and am seriously considering a participation, as The Franchorchamps track is only some 80km away from here. Do you have any information on how many cars have been registered.

Best regards
Send an email to: nynke@bmwdriversclub.nl and she will register you. To call her and make the reservation instead of via email: +31627474964

Not sure how many cars....
      02-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #79
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
OK....the latest info.

Got a call today from the Dutch BMW Drivers Club and they said:

YES, we will have open pits. Anyone who pays will get a space in the pits to change tires and store things. So that's great news.

Second, they hope to have 100 cars so are willing to have us join them. Tow and track officials included in price.

Cost is 350 euros, need to be paid by 11 Feb I think she said.

They'll have two groups: morning and afternoon. She stated that we could probably have 4-5 hours on the track

Send an email to: nynke@bmwdriversclub.nl and let her know you are with my group...mention Rick, and she will register you. To call her and make the reservation instead of via email: +31627474964

So anyone else game to join me 27 March at Spa-Francorchamps?

Heyhey planning a workshedule a few months ahead sometimes sucks when things don't fall in their place but sometimes they open pleasant perspectives
just like NOW for instance

SO Rick you better watch out cuz here I come and i'll bring the whole package with me like there is: bad eyesight starting to shake a lot when nervous and really not knowing what the hell I am doing on the track.

But it will be a pleasure meeting you
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #80
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
SO Rick you better watch out cuz here I come and i'll bring the whole package with me like there is: bad eyesight starting to shake a lot when nervous and really not knowing what the hell I am doing on the track.

03-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #81
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Heyhey planning a workshedule a few months ahead sometimes sucks when things don't fall in their place but sometimes they open pleasant perspectives
just like NOW for instance

gs/e60/1m......You still going?

Paid my euros, got my Cravens GoPro mount, installed my fire extinguisher and put my cargo netting in the back of the car this weekend, getting oil changed and clear bra'd next week, putting wheel studs on, got my racing jack and bringing track tires. Prepping for the first big event of 2012 for me and my little orange bimmer. Hey all you 1Addicts....any recommendations for something I'm not accounting for?

Wish more of the 1addicts could make it but understand....I'll make sure I take lots of photos and videos....

Last edited by Rikx1M; 03-04-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #82
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
gs/e60/1m......You still going?

Paid my euros, got my Cravens GoPro mount, installed my fire extinguisher and put my cargo netting in the back of the car this weekend, getting oil changed next week, putting wheel studs on, got my racing jack and bringing track tires. Prepping for the first big event of 2012 for me and my little orange bimmer. Any recommendations for something I'm not accounting for?

Wish more of the 1addicts could make it but understand....I'll make sure I take lots of photos and videos....

Hey Rick, you bet .

Now something was botthering me cuz I read the new gidelines concurning the cars wich will have to be fitted with racebuckets you know Recaro style or similar and fourpoints fixed seatbelts.
So yesterday I send a mail to Nynke asking about it and mentionned that I didn't feel like "restyling" my car for this event. I've asked her/him (still not sure about the gender )if there would be a problem with a stock 1M and she/him said that if the guys who are assigned to do the check up are causing any problem I just had to refer to Nynke.

Recomandations? the only thing I think of is you'll need two visible toweyes

Are you bringing slicks or semi? cuz if its rainy only streets will be allowed
I'll be driving my PS2's to their end. (or at least the rear ones )

See you soon
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #83
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Rick, you bet .

Now something was botthering me cuz I read the new gidelines concurning the cars wich will have to be fitted with racebuckets you know Recaro style or similar and fourpoints fixed seatbelts.
So yesterday I send a mail to Nynke asking about it and mentionned that I didn't feel like "restyling" my car for this event. I've asked her/him (still not sure about the gender )if there would be a problem with a stock 1M and she/him said that if the guys who are assigned to do the check up are causing any problem I just had to refer to Nynke.

Recomandations? the only thing I think of is you'll need two visible toweyes

Are you bringing slicks or semi? cuz if its rainy only streets will be allowed
I'll be driving my PS2's to their end. (or at least the rear ones )

See you soon
Dude...I didn't see that about race buckets...bummer. I hope that isn't enforced. That's one mod I don't want to get into yet.

All I was told was: At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

Yes, I have two tow bolts...standard BMW ones for my 1M and I'll steal my 135's bolt.....think I'll paint them black or yellow.

I'm bringing Toyo r888, semi slick and will have my stock PS2s if it's wet.

PM me your cell so when I hit the road on the 26th, I'll call you.

Now to find a hotel in the area.
      03-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #84
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Dude...I didn't see that about race buckets...bummer. I hope that isn't enforced. That's one mod I don't want to get into yet.

All I was told was: At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

Yes, I have two tow bolts...standard BMW ones for my 1M and I'll steal my 135's bolt.....think I'll paint them black or yellow.

I'm bringing Toyo r888, semi slick and will have my stock PS2s if it's wet.

PM me your cell so when I hit the road on the 26th, I'll call you.

Now to find a hotel in the area.

www.hotel-de-la-source.com

www.francorchamps-hotel.com

www.croulyhotel.com

You could also look into the Stavelot area an visit the museum
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #85
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I just realized this is only about an hour away from me! I guess its too late to participate but maybe I could spectate? It might be a good excuse for some of the local guys to do a meet and greet. Any chance we can hang out and/or spectate from the pit area? I'll have to check the sched at work and see if I am off, either way I should be able to make it.
      03-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #86
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
I just realized this is only about an hour away from me! I guess its too late to participate but maybe I could spectate? It might be a good excuse for some of the local guys to do a meet and greet. Any chance we can hang out and/or spectate from the pit area? I'll have to check the sched at work and see if I am off, either way I should be able to make it.

Yep it's nearly in your backyard. From Spang it's 1:15 hrs.

Check with Nynke by mail nynke@bmwdriversclub.nl to see if there are some open places. My guess is yes cuz last year they had real lousy wheather.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #87
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Got my 18" track tires and rims...should be able to test them Tuesday. Went with 265 front, 285 rear from Toyo R888.... Finishing clear bra Monday, getting 1200 mile service on Thursday, installing titanium brake shims and higher temp brake fluids this week, and installing some new satin black 19" rims on stock tires this week.....going to be a busy one. I should just take leave to prepare for the track season.
      03-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #88
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
You should contact Nynke...I think they were hoping for 100 cars so if they planned for that many, surely 1-2 cancelled.