BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
It Finally Happened

My car has had a ton of problems but now it does not even drive..... I started the car and it started. After that is shook like it was in a mini earthquake.... Then it just shutdown... An engine light came on and then a exclamation mark..

Im really sick of this car... I had an Exam today worked on a project all day at school on a Saturday... My Finance exam is Monday... And a Business Management paper due Wednesday.... Thanks BMW

Im working on less than 4 hours of sleep... That might be the reason why Im not mad or maybe its cus Im just used to it....

But I will go to BMW on Monday to figure out what the problem is.....
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Straight6r
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135I Msport

Sorry to hear about your bad luck again with the car.

Perhaps you should just get rid of it and move on instead of filling the forum with you rants about what a POS your car is. I am not trying to be an asshole, i'm just stating the facts. I have been in your exact position however with a GM product and guess what? Once I tossed the POS and took a huge loss after fighting with GARBAGE MOTORS to buy the thing back, I was much happier and have never looked back. Save yourself the grief man and get rid of your ride as you obviously got a lemon.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Thaddy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Better stock up on lube.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6r View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad luck again with the car.

Perhaps you should just get rid of it and move on instead of filling the forum with you rants about what a POS your car is. I am not trying to be an asshole, i'm just stating the facts. I have been in your exact position however with a GM product and guess what? Once I tossed the POS and took a huge loss after fighting with GARBAGE MOTORS to buy the thing back, I was much happier and have never looked back. Save yourself the grief man and get rid of your ride as you obviously got a lemon.
Ya.. I love the way the car drives and I know for the price... I wont find anything else like it.... But we will see whats wrong with it on monday..... What a weekend....

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The funny thing was I was going to go to the dealer because the silver accent on the door handle was falling off.... (Not the door latch but the long arm that you use to close the door)..

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. My engine light came on and the safety mechanism shut down my car as well to a point where i couldnt go faster than 25 mph. I also work 6 days a week. So yea... fun to drive but just not reliable.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
damn bad luck

sry to hear that

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Make then buy it back and get a new one
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Make then buy it back and get a new one
Yup this is what I will try to make them do...

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1761 View Post
sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. My engine light came on and the safety mechanism shut down my car as well to a point where i couldnt go faster than 25 mph. I also work 6 days a week. So yea... fun to drive but just not reliable.
Interesting.... I hope thats the problem Im having.. If its a big deal then I don't want it anymore... But if its just some safety code that is through the computer that would make me feel a little better...

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Not good news, but crappy large cell phone pictures are not any better.

Hopefully both will improve for you in the future.
Ya.. I like my phone and I don't want to get rid of it... Plus I was so pissed and cold I was shaking..

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yup... Just like I thought.... The HPFP... On a 2010... Failed??? The dealer told me the 2010s were rock solid... When they fixed it today they said they installed a new HPFP.... Thats should work better... Personally I thought the car has 13k miles on it it should be fine... Cus all the ones that I have seen fail within 3 or 4k miles....

The funny thing was BMW roadside wanted to send someone to jump the car...HAHA...

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #13
Bullet
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i

Sorry to hear that man.. but look at the bright side your car looks really nice
      11-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
Sorry to hear that man.. but look at the bright side your car looks really nice
Thanks man... Its up and running again with BMWs "NEW" HPFP... I had the service guy come with me for a quick ride before I took it home....

Everything seems fine... Except the door handle (not the latch) was falling off... So they ordered me a new one...

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #15
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Thanks man... Its up and running again with BMWs "NEW" HPFP... I had the service guy come with me for a quick ride before I took it home....

Everything seems fine... Except the door handle (not the latch) was falling off... So they ordered me a new one...
shitty deal, glad things are starting to look up though, sounds like you're one of a handfull of people with the new pump. so lets hope that's the fix.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #16
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
shitty deal, glad things are starting to look up though, sounds like you're one of a handfull of people with the new pump. so lets hope that's the fix.
Ya.. When I would start the car it was a little slower to turn over no big deal then out of nowhere this....

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #17
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

128i rules
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #18
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexckma View Post
128i rules
posts like this are what make other people not like people that make posts like this.....

the guy has had a bad experience and you just want to rub it in his face?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexckma View Post
128i rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
posts like this are what make other people not like people that make posts like this.....

the guy has had a bad experience and you just want to rub it in his face?
I really don't care.. I have seen a lot of shit on this forum.. But the 135i when it works is way more fun to drive than a 128i....

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #20
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
I really don't care.. I have seen a lot of shit on this forum.. But the 135i when it works is way more fun to drive than a 128i....
I can not believe 128 drivers really feel here car is better than a 135i....maybe a little more reliable but damn, there is nothing it does better than the 135i, nothing, and looks wise does not compare either from any angle, front or back....I no we want to feel good about our cars but 128's are shall we say adequate....
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
I can not believe 128 drivers really feel here car is better than a 135i....maybe a little more reliable but damn, there is nothing it does better than the 135i, nothing, and looks wise does not compare either from any angle, front or back....I no we want to feel good about our cars but 128's are shall we say adequate....
I had a 128i vert as a loaner.. It was fun but I did miss my 135i..

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #22
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
Perhaps one thing

Driving at night when kangaroos are everywhere. We slot on our fog lights and off we go.

Plus, looks between the 135i and 128/125i are just about identical if the 125/128 has the M sports package. We simply get foglights as extra and you guys have a darker exhaust.......
Appreciate 0