BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Anyone has direct experience with 2009 Cayman S "Sport Edition"

As the title suggests, I am looking for someone who has been driving this car, anything from a test drive to a passenger ride or ownership perspective.

700 were built, they say and 100 went to US while Chile seems to have 1.

Here is the one in Chile, a recent online ad with pictures, a manual one

http://www2.chileautos.cl/auto.asp?codauto=2941504

Thanks in advance.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

I don't but I would like to have some experience with it should be really nice car. Just pity that it doesn't have LSD
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
I don't but I would like to have some experience with it should be really nice car. Just pity that it doesn't have LSD
Yes, I know that and I agree it should have. Need to go test drive this baby if the owner let me and see how is that going to feel.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Oz, why would you go for this over the 'R'? This seems to be mostly a paint-and-sticker job to me.

Here's a link to one of the announcements: http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-cayman-s-sport.html

Quote:
In order to spike demand for the last few examples of the current-generation Cayman sports car, Porsche officially unveiled an S Sport edition of the Cayman. In addition to helping Porsche dealers move a few more Caymans before an updated version arrives in mid-2009, the Cayman S Sport will also commemorate Porsche's 60th anniversary.

Like the S Sport Edition of the Porsche Boxster last year, the Cayman S Sport will boast a sports chrono pack, upgraded brakes and suspension, as well as a two-toned paint scheme inspired by the GT3 -- and available in the GT3's orange and green colors. A boost in power is also part of the package, with output for the Cayman S Sport totaling 303 horsepower.

Although Porsche has yet to announce pricing, CarTribe speculates that the limited-edition Cayman will list from about £49,890 in the UK. Porsche will limit Cayman S Sport production to just 700 units.
It will seem pretty anemic after the 1M.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Oz, why would you go for this over the 'R'? This seems to be mostly a paint-and-sticker job to me.

Here's a link to one of the announcements: http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-cayman-s-sport.html

It will seem pretty anemic after the 1M.
In principal you are absolutely right. Why would I do that? Well, I am waiting the guy contact me and to see the car in person, maybe drive it and check back story. If the car is really what he claims and in good shape then the asking price is HALF of what I can get for my 1M, an absolute bargain for a limited edition Porsche in almost any other market; the reason of such good price is used Porsches especially manual ones are interestingly low priced here and they just don't sell easy so I can take this car for sometime while I figure out where I will be next year and then sell it without loosing a dime or take it to another country with me where it will value arguably equal or more than my 1M or in another word, double or triple of what I may pay for it here. There is no guarantee that I can sell the 1M for a good price if I wait too long, especially in Chile

With these purchase and sell scheme I can increase the profit margin to the point of being able to buy a 2014 or 15 Alfa 4C in a year or two without touching my initial capital

That car can be an innovative way of investment, thanks to my expected conditions; it is a very rare car, also a fun way to spend time while trying to be rational. It won't be "the" substitute of 1M.

There are no Cayman Rs here in used market, didn't notice any, if appears one, it will be PDK for sure and am not sure can be this good price, not even close. This owner seems to be not caring too much and wanting to pass to next toy (I sense a new Cayman or 911) which is very much fine with me

My preferred Porsche substitute for 1M as a keeper would be a manual Boxster Spyder 2010/11.

In short, I just smelled something and checking the validity of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
In principal you are absolutely right. Why would I do that? Well, I am waiting the guy contact me and to see the car in person, maybe drive it and check back story. If the car is really what he claims and in good shape then the asking price is HALF of what I can get for my 1M, an absolute bargain for a limited edition Porsche in almost any other market; the reason of such good price is used Porsches especially manual ones are interestingly low priced here and they just don't sell easy so I can take this car for sometime while I figure out where I will be next year and then sell it without loosing a dime or take it to another country with me where it will value arguably equal or more than my 1M or in another word, double or triple of what I may pay for it here. There is no guarantee that I can sell the 1M for a good price if I wait too long, especially in Chile

With these purchase and sell scheme I can increase the profit margin to the point of being able to buy a 2014 or 15 Alfa 4C in a year or two without touching my initial capital

That car can be an innovative way of investment, thanks to my expected conditions; it is a very rare car, also a fun way to spend time while trying to be rational. It won't be "the" substitute of 1M.

There are no Cayman Rs here in used market, didn't notice any, if appears one, it will be PDK for sure and am not sure can be this good price, not even close. This owner seems to be not caring too much and wanting to pass to next toy (I sense a new Cayman or 911) which is very much fine with me

My preferred Porsche substitute for 1M as a keeper would be a manual Boxster Spyder 2010/11.

In short, I just smelled something and checking the validity of it.
I can't argue with that. That's a pretty watertight case right there.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0