E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How do you turn on the flashing "alarm" light on the mirror

06-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

How do you turn on the flashing "alarm" light on the mirror

I have a factory alarm on order, and was toying with the idea of installing it myself. Any thoughts on how hard this might be? On a scale of 1-10 technically, I am a strong 8 or so.

Also, I was curious about the flashing red light on the mirror. Mine is not configured. Can this be turned on without an alarm installed? If so, how is this done?

One more thing. Does anyone know how to program Daytime Running Lights on a 330i with no iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

The software has to be updated if you want the alarm. in the Idrive section, there's a "door lock" option. If you look, you'll see you are missing two options "Acoustic alert on lock" and "acoustic alert on unlock". The only options you have now are "Lights on unlock/lock".

The mirror clown nose light only works with the alarm...it's a further theft deterrant. Finally, I read that BMW will not have software updates for DTR until september. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0