BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
That's it. I'm going to sit at the dealership and watch while they service my car now!
That above is exactly what I do :wink:

As I mentioned earlier these incidences are very common and I believe happen everywhere with every car brand/type - bar Ferrari, from what I know...when you get your typical 18-25 year old work shop grease monkey, who knows he'll never be able to drive/own certain type of cars, they'll go out of their way to take one for a good thrashing, so I simply don't trust any of them, never have and take appropriate steps to make sure it dosn't happen to me !

I do all work to all my cars myself and am lucky to have a 1st cousin who's a pro 'grease monkey' with his own garage work shop and go there if the work is beyond my capabilities :smile:

However as mentioned if it's a new car and it has to go back to the dealership for servicing, I make sure to only book it so as to be able to hang around and wait for it - no low life moron would dare take it for a thrash whilst the owner is present !!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #24
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
So what happens if the cops bust some of these clowns doing burnouts in a customers car..........does the car get seized under the hoon laws???
Well if they seize your 135 then asked for the M3 for exchange.

I will sue their ass off if that happens to me.
      08-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #25
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

BTW I have a camera stolen from Honda few years ago. So long ago that dealership no longer exists! At camberwell as well.