BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
pixelguy
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

I Got The Call!

I just got a call from my salesman who informed me that I have an allocation. Will work out the details tomorrow and hopefully have a trackable #!! SO EXCITED!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

awesome, congrats.

now the wait..................

ED? PCD?

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

If at all possible, do ED. Amazing experience. Oh, and I do hope you're getting the VO - awesome color!
      08-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
pixelguy
Rep

Yes, I will be doing the PCD without question. It's only an 8 hour ride (what a ride that will be!)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelguy View Post
Yes, I will be doing the PCD without question. It's only an 8 hour ride (what a ride that will be!)
congrats what build week do you have? I just received my prod number today with a september build. I also have pcd scheduled
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
congrats what build week do you have? I just received my prod number today with a september build. I also have pcd scheduled
When's your PCD? They were really backed up when I scheduled mine. All the way out to Oct 13th. The wait is killing me!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Congratulations. You will love the car. Got mine in July and find myself trying to find ways to take a drive or go run errands (like I was when I first got my driver's license). I am doing the PCD Sept. 30th and can't wait to drive one on their track and really see what it can do. It will be worth the wait. That will be about 5 1M's in NC. We need to get together. M-Fest is in October!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
VPI2000
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (August ED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67 View Post
Congratulations. You will love the car. Got mine in July and find myself trying to find ways to take a drive or go run errands (like I was when I first got my driver's license). I am doing the PCD Sept. 30th and can't wait to drive one on their track and really see what it can do. It will be worth the wait. That will be about 5 1M's in NC. We need to get together. M-Fest is in October!
sean67,

Where in NC are you located? I was trying to figure out if / where any allocations had gone in NC.

Mine is currently awaiting transport from Brunswick to SC for PCD. Hoping to get it back home to Raleigh by end of the month.

I have had people tell me that they have seen 2 1M's in Raleigh, but I didn't think any local dealers had deliveries yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

VPI2000,

I am Gastonia, near Charlotte and got my car form Hendricks.

I think mine was the second VO delivered to the dealership but 4 or 5 at least around Charlotte so far (others are ED, or PCD). I met the person with the first VO at Cars and Coffee last week and met someone else with a deposit at Hendricks and one at Greenvillle BMW in SC. I was at Hendricks when they got the first 1m which was BSM and have heard of a few more. So they are coming in good around here.

Where are you located and what color are you getting? I am originally from Wake Forest and have lived around or near Raleigh most of my life.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI2000 View Post
I have had people tell me that they have seen 2 1M's in Raleigh, but I didn't think any local dealers had deliveries yet.
I've had people tell me they saw 1M's two years ago. Some people have no clue what they are talking about. YMMV.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
When's your PCD? They were really backed up when I scheduled mine. All the way out to Oct 13th. The wait is killing me!
I just received my production number yesterday and he said he has put in my request for PCD and will let me know when they give him a date. I should be expecting my 1M stateside towards mid or end of October....so your saying they are really backed up?? When is your 1M supposed to come in and how much earlier before your PCD is it going to come? Will it be stored away when its here until your PCD date?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
I just received my production number yesterday and he said he has put in my request for PCD and will let me know when they give him a date. I should be expecting my 1M stateside towards mid or end of October....so your saying they are really backed up?? When is your 1M supposed to come in and how much earlier before your PCD is it going to come? Will it be stored away when its here until your PCD date?
My end production date is next week and my PDC is the 13th of Oct, so about a month backed up.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
pixelguy
Rep

Quote:
I'm getting my info on Monday. He said I should expect a November date for PCD...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #14
pixelguy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67 View Post
I think it's a great idea if all of us NC 1M owners do something on a twice a year or maby more. I am in New Bern, NC. Maybe get a list going?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
pixelguy
Rep

Quote:
No build info yet...meeting on Monday to work out the details!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
pixelguy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI2000 View Post
sean67,

Where in NC are you located? I was trying to figure out if / where any allocations had gone in NC.

Mine is currently awaiting transport from Brunswick to SC for PCD. Hoping to get it back home to Raleigh by end of the month.

NEW BERN, NC... let's do something
Appreciate 0