BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #23
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrandom View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread for an entirely different car, but I'm trying to find black tips to match my shadowline trim for my 2011 328i Coupe. Anyone know if these tips will fit the stock exhaust. I'm told I need 3" tips, but that has been mentioned in conversation about replacing the existing tips whereas these would have a different diameter because they are held by friction, yes?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a really hard time finding info on this surprisingly. BMW won't give me a straight answer on these or the M3 tips. eBay sellers all assure me it will work, but the more legit online parts dealers will make no such promises and charge hefty restocking fees if it doesn't.

Thanks
If it helps, the OD of exhaust pipes on the stock 135i muffler are 69mm, or a little over 2.7". To be clear, this is the size of the exhaust pipes that the exhaust tips slide over. The ID of the exhaust tips (excluding the internal retaining springs) is 82.5mm or 3.25".
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #24
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrandom View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread for an entirely different car, but I'm trying to find black tips to match my shadowline trim for my 2011 328i Coupe. Anyone know if these tips will fit the stock exhaust. I'm told I need 3" tips, but that has been mentioned in conversation about replacing the existing tips whereas these would have a different diameter because they are held by friction, yes?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a really hard time finding info on this surprisingly. BMW won't give me a straight answer on these or the M3 tips. eBay sellers all assure me it will work, but the more legit online parts dealers will make no such promises and charge hefty restocking fees if it doesn't.

Thanks
If it helps, the OD of exhaust pipes on the stock 135i muffler are 69mm, or a little over 2.7". To be clear, this is the size of the exhaust pipes that the exhaust tips slide over. The ID of the exhaust tips (excluding the internal retaining springs) is 82.5mm or 3.25".
Thanks Pig Farmer. Sounds like I'll need to find out the OD of my 328i exhaust and then I'll know for sure if they'll work.
Appreciate 0