BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #1035
jimbojsb
Mthusiast
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Garage List
2006 X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2020 M4 Competition  [0.00]
2001 740i  [0.00]
2006 M Roadster  [0.00]
A quick update / timeline for me F80, as it seems there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

ED: 6/27
LogInOut Munich: 7/4
Brunswick VPC: 7/29.
Diff repair completed 8/24
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      08-25-2016, 05:30 AM   #1036
Seamaster2221
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Things appear to move so much slower here in Sydney. Mine will be or is been repaired by a third party. My dealer is removed from the whole process until delivery now. I can't even get Information on whether the diff is in the country. I would have thought some type of communication would have come directly from BMW Australia. The silence is deafening!

My dealer has provided a 220 to drive around in until it's all sorted out....but I want my M2��

Last edited by Seamaster2221; 08-25-2016 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #1037
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Nervously awaiting the patient in surgery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster2221 View Post
Things appear to move so much slower here in Sydney. Mine will be or is been repaired by a third party. My dealer is removed from the whole process until delivery now. I can't even get Information on whether the diff is in the country. I would have thought some type of communication would have come directly from BMW Australia. The silence is deafening!

My dealer has provided a 220 to drive around in until it's all sorted out....but I want my M2��
I wonder if the time it takes to supply and fit the diff is predicated on the likelihood that the customer might sue? US seems to be ahead of the game, Canada not far behind. See a pattern? UK? Allegedly mine is the first to be repaired in the UK (today)... Now, where on the map is Germany relative to the UK? The cynical part of me coming out? Maybe. Like others, I am more than a bit annoyed that I had a new car I could drive for a week, sat on my drive for 3 weeks, and is now being 'repaired' so I can drive it again. A letter in the post from BMW apologising for the inconvenience and explaining the fix and hopefully providing some comfort for the future would be the least to expect... If this is not a once only fix I certainly would question myself ever coming back to the brand...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #1038
dhinkchika
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 xDrive 40i

I heard back from a regional representative today. My diff repair is scheduled to be completed tomorrow (8/26) and I should have the car by Monday. Excited!
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #1039
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10 View Post
I wonder if the time it takes to supply and fit the diff is predicated on the likelihood that the customer might sue? US seems to be ahead of the game, Canada not far behind. See a pattern? UK? Allegedly mine is the first to be repaired in the UK (today)... Now, where on the map is Germany relative to the UK? The cynical part of me coming out? Maybe. Like others, I am more than a bit annoyed that I had a new car I could drive for a week, sat on my drive for 3 weeks, and is now being 'repaired' so I can drive it again. A letter in the post from BMW apologising for the inconvenience and explaining the fix and hopefully providing some comfort for the future would be the least to expect... If this is not a once only fix I certainly would question myself ever coming back to the brand...
Why don't you drive it? The replacement is to fix noise issue coming up at 10k miles due to excessive wear, not a safety issue. I logged 1,300 miles in Germany without experiencing any noise. If I were you, I would have kept driving it until the replacement part arrives.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #1040
AKG M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 F10 M5

Just called BMW Canada and got the good news my car was released for carrier! It's on it's way to Bremerhaven from the plant. There is a ship next week, on the 30th...the Tortugas, that goes to Halifax. Hope it's on that one and finally moving!
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #1041
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Why don't you drive it? The replacement is to fix noise issue coming up at 10k miles due to excessive wear, not a safety issue. I logged 1,300 miles in Germany without experiencing any noise. If I were you, I would have kept driving it until the replacement part arrives.
I had excessive noise in the first week and the concern was that whatever was causing it might fail and result in broader problems. Agreed with the dealer to be cautious. They lent me a vehicle. While I was on a holiday last week BMW circulated a notice which clarified that no damage would reply by using the cars and I gather released some of those that have been withheld to date. These last few days I have been driving it. Now it is in for what appears to be a two day job to replace the differential. Pity that BMW has not coommunicared better. Most of us rely on this thread for information.
      08-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #1042
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10 View Post
I had excessive noise in the first week and the concern was that whatever was causing it might fail and result in broader problems. Agreed with the dealer to be cautious. They lent me a vehicle. While I was on a holiday last week BMW circulated a notice which clarified that no damage would reply by using the cars and I gather released some of those that have been withheld to date. These last few days I have been driving it. Now it is in for what appears to be a two day job to replace the differential. Pity that BMW has not coommunicared better. Most of us rely on this thread for information.
Your noise issue should be properly diagnosed, as it may not be related to the differential. You don't want to get into a situation where the noise persists after the replacement. Are you sure it is not a pebble stuck behind the break?

In any case, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #1043
swalsh2333
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive4.0i

Good News!

Stop delivery has been lifted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      08-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #1044
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalsh2333 View Post
Anyone claiming that this was DEFINITELY safety related care to chime in?
      08-25-2016, 04:51 PM   #1045
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Today's Genius update- Work order completed on the 22nd, but they don't have a date in their system as to when it will reach the dealer. Work done at the Brunswick VPC and my dealer is about 5 hrs away from there. Hopefully I'll be back in the car soon. ED pickup was 7/7 and drop off was 7/12. It would be great if I could be in the car before this weekend.
Very cool. You dropped your car off as I was picking mine up. Do you know when it arrived at Brunswick?

Thanks again for the photo of my car at the Welt. It made it into the ShutterFly photo book I completed of the trip!
It arrived at the port on 8/3. Glad I could contribute to your photos!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #1046
Robmbush
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blk/Blk F80 M3 Comp 2016

Quote:
Just got notified by my Dealer. They also stated there is no credits or compensation for the delays despite BMW NA repeatedly stating they would compensate. Basically come get it so it can sit in your garage or walk and have a nice day....

I guess I should be happy they are now going to release the cars but out of principal I feel like just walking on the whole thing. What a F***ing runaround. Makes me want to walk and go pick up the C63 AMG S instead. If only it had the same exterior appeal instead of looking like a mini S class...

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #1047
swalsh2333
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive4.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmbush View Post
Just got notified by my Dealer. They also stated there is no credits or compensation for the delays despite BMW NA repeatedly stating they would compensate. Basically come get it so it can sit in your garage or walk and have a nice day....

I guess I should be happy they are now going to release the cars but out of principal I feel like just walking on the whole thing. What a F***ing runaround. Makes me want to walk and go pick up the C63 AMG S instead. If only it had the same exterior appeal instead of looking like a mini S class...

What do you guys think?
I'm just glad it's almost over and I can start enjoying the car somewhat soon. Personally, I have too much other sh*t going on to let this stress me anymore. I'm going to focus on the positive aspects of this, like how fortunate we all are where our problems are a late delivery on a $80k BMW. Good problems to have I guess It does suck how it was handled for sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #1048
Robmbush
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm just glad it's almost over and I can start enjoying the car somewhat soon. Personally, I have too much other sh*t going on to let this stress me anymore. I'm going to focus on the positive aspects of this, like how fortunate we all are where our problems are a late delivery on a $80k BMW. Good problems to have I guess It does suck how it was handled for sure.
Good point. I guess I'm just thoroughly disappointed in BMW customer service.

Also not over BTW.. Still have to wait for the parts to fix it so it may be a garage queen into the foreseeable future!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:08 PM   #1049
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Only gets better. Car has been fixed for two weeks now, but is somehow still sitting at the VDC.

Also - there was a note about the dealer requesting a replacement Cert of Origin - which will be needed to register the car. Have to do that before I drive it off the lot.

I'll definitely be asking for all the money I'm out so far - two payments , missed flights to PCD, insurance , and would be upset if they don't do something else for all of the time and frustration I've experienced in chasing this down.

Unbelievable that they are telling people there's no comp - I just don't believe it.

Edit - and the fact that they are just now releasing the cars is icing on the cake. So they could have released the car on time and then brought it in later? What the hell?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #1050
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 SO M3, 17 X5M, 18 M550

Just talked to my CA, (been stuck at factory since july 8) For us that are stuck at the factory,,,, we are being cleared to ship on the next available boat and planned deliveries will be scheduled as soon as the car is on the boat. The repair will be done at the dealerships when ever the parts are available but customers will be able to take deliveries regardless.

On a side note, as some had speculated 6CP will also be available via OTA download likely thru connected drive store starting January 17.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #1051
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

What do you guys think?
I think... the C63 and C63S have no appeal to me. I can't say what you should do.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #1052
Hockey22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 ZCP

Garage List
2017 M4  [0.00]
Quote:

What do you guys think?
I was told by BMW NA they would pay at least one of my lease payments for the delay , I will be making a phone call tomorrow to find out if she is going to keep her word.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #1053
Robmbush
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I think... the C63 and C63S have no appeal to me. I can't say what you should do.

Yeah... Same here. The biturbo V8 ont he AMG is sweet but that's about it.

Nothing other than the M3 really hits the target.

I did call BMW NA to ask about compensation since they had promised to do something. My agent was on east coast hours but I expect to hear back in the AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:13 PM   #1054
alex310
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan

For you guys not following the other thread the stop vehicle delivery has been lifted as long as you sign a disclosure, bulletin attached...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #1055
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Anyone claiming that this was DEFINITELY safety related care to chime in?
Yes I would. Go read the disclosure form And then tell me if you'd sign it in good conscience. In addition, it only becomes a safety issue after 10-15K miles, which I'm guessing almost no cars will reach before they get a fix.

Also, the stop was only lifted for the USA for now. All other markets (Canada included) have not yet had it lifted.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 07:43 AM   #1056
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yes I would. Go read the disclosure form And then tell me if you'd sign it in good conscience. In addition, it only becomes a safety issue after 10-15K miles, which I'm guessing almost no cars will reach before they get a fix.

Also, the stop was only lifted for the USA for now. All other markets (Canada included) have not yet had it lifted.
I don't need to read the disclosure form. I picked up my car before the stop sale went into place. I brought it in for my 1200 mile service during the stop sale and was given my car back by the dealer after they confirmed with NA that it was not safety related.

Some members here thought there was some conspiracy theory going on and it had to be safety related.

Even if it only becomes a safety issue after 10-15K miles, there's no way they'd release the car. Not with a waiver. Never. Sorry to say, I think you're incorrect.