BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #45
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I used to be interested in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #46
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
I used to be interested in this thread.

Sorry.. sorry...

anyways... O.k......

yeah baby... 1 series here we come.. :drinking::roundel:
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #47
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
this sucks big balls but i saw my SA yesterday, he said he will give me a car out of his allocation but lets see what the final price is....will post as soon as i get the details, im ED'ing the 135 and a 335 so even if the discount isnt as great as it should be, its still a discount!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #48
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
Here is a quote from a customer i just emailed who picked his car up a month ago (ish) they do give you some sort of mat.. what I was talking about however when i say "mats" i mean the BMW carpet mats that cost $125.00.. not some crappy rubber things.. lol.. So NO they dont come with mats.. but yes they give you some thing to protect the car in the short run while in europe so as not to ruin your cars interior..

(I asked what he got in Germany< he picked up a 335cic)

"There were some cheap all weather mats in the car. My understanding is they would be removed from the car during processing (not sure if that meant in Germany or New Jersey"

I dont feel so bad now.. lol
Personally, I'll take the rubber floor mats with carpeted heel pad over the plush carpet mats all day long. Okay, so they're $78.75 versus $130. Who cares.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #49
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

no no.. thier not even the rubber ones from BMW.. and i totally agree with you, i like the rubber jobs..

these are some off brand "k mart" specials... lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #50
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
Personally, I'll take the rubber floor mats with carpeted heel pad over the plush carpet mats all day long. Okay, so they're $78.75 versus $130. Who cares.
They are great in wet weather, but, and don't laugh, they are HEAVY.
      12-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #51
pandadisco
Scooby Wagoneer
Rep
Drives:

Do you guys expect BMW dealers to hold off on EDs and place normal, stateside orders first?

Also, has anyone placed a euro delivery order yet? It's really tempting to be able to get a nice 135i and visit the Ring
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 08:46 PM   #52
BimmerMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandadisco View Post
Do you guys expect BMW dealers to hold off on EDs and place normal, stateside orders first?

Also, has anyone placed a euro delivery order yet? It's really tempting to be able to get a nice 135i and visit the Ring
I've been talking to two dealers for weeks about ED of a 135i. Yesterday one of them even gave me a quote based on my option list. Today they are both telling me exactly that, the dealership management has decided to not take any ED orders for now. So sorry. I'm sure the same thing is going on up and down the coast.

Kind of toasts me off, BMW advertises a "cost savings" program, but then makes it so a dealer would have to give up money to allow you to make a purchase. Not going to happen until there is basically zero demand at US MSRP and cars are sitting on the lot...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #53
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
BMW AG did not give ED allocation so dealers must take the car out of their own allocation to let you ED the car. From a business perspective, its the right thing to do for them to maximize return, from our perspective, it sucks big balls but what can u do????
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #54
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Something must've changed in the past few months regarding ED then, because they've given free mats for EDs for quite a long time. I took mine out of my car in Madrid (along with the first aid kit and warning triangle), and took them back home myself, only to find a new set of them in the car on redelivery.
it usually comes with free mats and if it doesn't, we always throw some in. Customers seem to like the rubber ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #55
BimmerMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I don't blame dealers for being unwilling to sell a car allocated for US MSRP sale at the ED price.

What does make me angry is that BMW is adverstising the "cost savings" of $2445 for a 135i, but isn't actually making any cars available for sale.

I don't mind waiting my turn, and if they allocate one or two cars per month per dealer, or whatever, for ED, then I might have a chance of eventually getting what they are advertising (or at least someone would).

As it stands, I think BMW is blowing smoke!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #56
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
it usually comes with free mats and if it doesn't, we always throw some in. Customers seem to like the rubber ones.

you know, ive noticed that too.. although lately the weather has helpd out just a little..

we ran out of ALL rubber mats a week ago.. lol

You know its sad that most dealers wont do an ED on this car but you cant blame them for that.. just doesnt make good business sense.. just wait.. if there is a lot more cars then expected they may from time to time do a couple ED's..
It could happen.. :iono:
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #57
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
You know its sad that most dealers wont do an ED on this car but you cant blame them for that.. just doesnt make good business sense.. just wait.. if there is a lot more cars then expected they may from time to time do a couple ED's..
It could happen.. :iono:
Doesn't make good business Sense? It seems like downright extreme laziness (and lack of respect to help a customer) on the dealership's part if they make a point to not allow EDs for 1ers, especially if you're getting ED MSRP. So you have to work a bit more. Big deal! The dealer is still making a decent payday, and getting MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #58
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Doesn't make good business Sense? It seems like downright extreme laziness (and lack of respect to help a customer) on the dealership's part if they make a point to not allow EDs for 1ers, especially if you're getting ED MSRP. So you have to work a bit more. Big deal! The dealer is still making a decent payday, and getting MSRP.
its not the "lazyness" of the dealers, it's money.. there's no incentive to do it.. vs the money there get to sell it in the u.s.. there's alot more to it but i totally understand why they wont do it.

I just wish there were more cars.. that would fix the whole thing..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #59
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

It is laziness, plain and simple. They know it takes more effort to arrange an ED (though it's not that much more effort). The profit between a US delivered MSRP sold car and a ED car sold at ED MSRP is identical for the dealer, and the CA money should be the same, but that's up to the owner of the dealer. If it's not the same, then that is an issue with the owner and CAs, and smacks of sheer greed, and unwillingness to do a damn thing for a customer plunking down cash.

I'm still calling the 135i a huge bait n switch car, to get people in a 3er. Only for the reason of the ED allocation issue, and the limiting of 1er allocations overall for the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #60
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It is laziness, plain and simple. They know it takes more effort to arrange an ED (though it's not that much more effort). The profit between a US delivered MSRP sold car and a ED car sold at ED MSRP is identical for the dealer, and the CA money should be the same, but that's up to the owner of the dealer. If it's not the same, then that is an issue with the owner and CAs, and smacks of sheer greed, and unwillingness to do a damn thing for a customer plunking down cash.

I'm still calling the 135i a huge bait n switch car, to get people in a 3er. Only for the reason of the ED allocation issue, and the limiting of 1er allocations overall for the US.

how do you really feel... lol
there's no extra work involved.. and it is money.. not to mention.. there will be a much higher demand for cars on the ground and taking care of the lesser of two evils is the key point here.. satisfy the greater need..
I still agree with you... I just have to be realistic about it now so when the time comes i can explain this to my clinets early on i guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #61
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
Me too man!!! Rubber mats are my friend. I have a serious latte habit and tend to slop it in the car when I'm driving 'n sipping & can't resist the thrill of a nice off ramp. :biggrin:
      12-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #62
willfong
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I agree with Larryn...

I've been wanting to do a ED on the 135i but at this point it looks like it wont happen this spring, this summer, and maybe the rest of 2008 until more cars are allocated to the dealers for the 2009 model year! Throwing this bait and switch and making me think about the 335i! Darn BMWUSA!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #63
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
this sucks big balls but i saw my SA yesterday, he said he will give me a car out of his allocation but lets see what the final price is....will post as soon as i get the details, im ED'ing the 135 and a 335 so even if the discount isnt as great as it should be, its still a discount!
I got confirmation I can get my 135 very close to Euro Invoice.....now I just have to drive the demo in Feb and set a date. Its good to be connected........:thumbup:
      01-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #64
aequitasXI
Rep
Drives:

Does this look right for a 128i? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Base Price Euro Delivery: $26,600
Steptronic: $1,275
Xenons: $800
Cold weather package: $750
Destination & Handling: $775

$26,600 * .91 = $24,206
With Options/Destination & Handling = $27,806

With 6% tax = $29,474.36

Would that be my European Delivery price? (Just trying to see what it'd be for a pretty much base model, and then work from there)

Also, I know I'm late on the ordering if I did, but if I do European Delivery when would I be able to go over to Munich? I know there'd be a delay after I got back. If I end up doing this, I'd plan to stay over there for a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #65
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

When I originally placed my deposit, european delivery was specified in writing, so I'm going to luck out, but I have no doubts my dealer would do the right thing anyways.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #66
willfong
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
When I originally placed my deposit, european delivery was specified in writing, so I'm going to luck out, but I have no doubts my dealer would do the right thing anyways.
Gosh, I hope to find a dealer that will do the right thing for me also! If I may ask which dealer did you go to?
Are you paying US MSRP or ED MSRP?

Thx
Appreciate 0