BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Dick Brown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1m, Porche Boxster, Audi A8L

Dealer Misstake with Options

I originally ordered a White 1m and then decided to switch to VO. The dealer was nice enough to make the change and we caught it prior to production but somehow in the switchover the HK radio and BMW apps were deleted. The car is now in Production and the dealer said there is no way they can now add the HK or the Apps.

From reading the Threads it seems like the base Hi Fi stereo is decent and that many people recommend after market Sound anyway. I have a 135 from Year 1 of the 1 and the BMW upgraded stereo in that car is just ok.

Does anyone know any good Sound installers in South Florida and is there an easy path to upgrade the system without affecting wiring, nav etc. I'd hate to have this awesome car and a lame stereo.

Also I wonder if there is any chance of getting BMW Apps after Production.
Seems like there are some cool features with the Apps like running video into the Nav. screen etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
darkvaderr
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M ordered

Don't mean to thread jack, but speaking of dealer mistakes; just got told by my dealer that they ordered VO instead of BSM like I wanted. Now i have to decide if I want the VO for May, or wait til June for a BSM.
And to answer your questions; in terms of audio, it's pretty easy to upgrade the speakers and sub in the existing system with better units. In terms of BMW apps, my understanding was that by default, BMW apps had to be ordered WITH nav... so I'm not too sure about that.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
Dick Brown
Private
United_States
Rep

I've been wavering back and forth myself if I made the right choice in switching from White to VO. Seems like the VO is the iconic color for the 1m but not sure living with an Orange car on a daily basis is going to be easy. The wife still can't believe I am getting an Orange car. Also I ordered the Convenience Package which includes the NAV.

Update
Just read in another thread that what appears on the BMW website in Production does not always include what you actually ordered. Three or Four people mentioned they ordered their 1 with HK and it did not appear on the BMW website build but it came in correctly to the dealership.

Last edited by Dick Brown; 04-06-2011 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Brown View Post
The wife still can't believe I am getting an Orange car.
Here, it's actually the wife that prefers orange over white or black
Because these colors are dull (in the sense that every John Doe has a white or black car), plus they require more upkeep to keep your car in pristine state.

Yes, you need to be 'strong' to have VO as daily driver. You will feel like constantly being watched when on the road.

But then again, it's a special color, for a special car.
And your quad pipes don't really blend in with the rest of the general public's cars anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Bruck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT Alpine White

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Update
Just read in another thread that what appears on the BMW website in Production does not always include what you actually ordered. Three or Four people mentioned they ordered their 1 with HK and it did not appear on the BMW website build but it came in correctly to the dealership.
Yes, this. My online order was not correct (i think it didn't say NAV at all) and I didn't make any changes during ordering. Wait till the car arrives, it may be just fine.

Shadow Blue MK6 GTI 4-Dr DSG
Euro OEM Reverse Camera |
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Happens all the time, the website is comically inaccurate.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

All my options are there except the HK. Don't know why that option doesn't show for anyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
I've been wavering back and forth myself if I made the right choice in switching from White to VO. Seems like the VO is the iconic color for the 1m but not sure living with an Orange car on a daily basis is going to be easy. The wife still can't believe I am getting an Orange car. Also I ordered the Convenience Package which includes the NAV.

Update
The color choices are pathetic IMO.
It's not that the 3 colors are bad, but honestly, what would have been the big deal in also offering the Lemans Blue, which was an actual M-spec color, and the red, which is a long lived sports car color?

That would give 5 exterior colors.
And, at least a coral red for the interior. This is supposed to be a unique and true M sports car after all. Giving the red coral option would have been no big deal as it's a readily available interior color.
A bit more color combo's adds to the appeal of something special IMO.

I think you'll like the orange. It's a very cool color. It's metallic orange that appears to have a light copper color, which is pretty cool and at least an actual color given the black and white options.

Hopefully the 2nd 1M run will have more exterior and interior color options, along with the DCT option.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
C4747Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M & M5 Competition

Thats true. My car is currently on in production and the options on the website are missing BMW apps and HK but I spoke to my dealership and they assured me that the car had these features and that the online system is not always accurate.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
figius
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4747Z View Post
Thats true. My car is currently on in production and the options on the website are missing BMW apps and HK but I spoke to my dealership and they assured me that the car had these features and that the online system is not always accurate.
+1

HK is the only option that doesn't properly appear on the website, and my salesperson assures me that the order was placed correctly. not that it makes a great deal of difference now that i know there is a reasonable upgrade path for the base unit.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
davett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Huracan,'11 1M, '10 GT-R

Garage List
2010 Nissan GT-R  [8.40]
2008 M3  [0.00]
2009 Carrera 4S  [0.00]
2007 Porsche  [0.00]
I just tracked my car online, it's 'In Production' but also not showing the BMW apps and HK. I just fired off a email to my sales guy to followup.

'15 Huracan,
'14 Q5 TDI
'14 R8, '11 1 Series M,'10 Nissan GT-R,'10 GT3 , '09 911 turbo , '08 M3 sold
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Same here. Bmw apps and hk not listed
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
Dick Brown
Private
United_States
Rep

Don't worry - if you ordered HK and the APPs it will come in with them. My 1m came in correctly even though those two options never appeared on the tracking on BMW's website.
Appreciate 0