BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

Thumbs up BMWCCA - Boston, 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event - Sunday August 10, 2014

I am the co-chair of this event and I would like to invite all BMWCCA
Members to attend the 2014 Concours d'Elegance Event sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. This year the event will be held on Sunday August 10, 2014 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (http://larzanderson.org/). That means you have all day on Saturday to get your BMW ready!!! (Please note the Larz Anderson Museum lists this event as BMW CCA Day.)

Last year we had over 100 BMWs and one Mini participate. This is a judged event so entry of your car will need to be chosen by you as to which entry class you wish to participate in. The entry classes are noted on the BMW CCA Boston Chapter web page as is the scoring sheet we will use to evaluate your car. If you have any questions about choosing which class to enter your car, please let me know and I will assist you. Also, note that we will have a "Display" Class which will be judged by the attendees and will not include any formal judging.

First timers, don't be afraid to enter a judged class, I will help you understand what to do.

Here are the event details:

BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d' Elegance -sponsored by Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury
Sunday, Aug 10, 2014
9:00am - 2:00pm

Event Registration:
Registration opens June 1st

15 Newton St.
Brookline, MA 02445

More information and pre-registration is available here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741

Please pre-register for our event to help us get the cars parked faster.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

MJM
      07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
MJM
United_States
Rep

Hi everyone! Have you registered yet? Remember this year we will only be parking cars that will be judged on the main lawn of the museum. Display only BMWs will be parked on the lawn across the main roadway. Please consider entering your car to be judged in the "Clean" or Super Clean" class when you pre-register.

We are also expected to have these three great vintage BMWs attending (and being judged). I hope you can join us. As always, if you have any questions about our event, please let me know.
Attached Images

07-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
MJM
United_States
Rep

We have 35 BMWs registered to be judged already!!!

Thank you to all who already registered, this will help us host another great event.
      07-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Will be there with the 1M!

I won't have a chance to clean it, so just display.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
pheller
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

I may join as well, depending on work travel.
      07-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post
Will be there with the 1M!

I won't have a chance to clean it, so just display.
Yes I saw you registered, thanks so much! Love the Valencia Orange 1Ms, can't wait to see your's. If you get it clean in time you can always enter it in "Clean". Just let me know on site I can move you.

Only one other 1 series pre-registered so far in another of my favorite colors (Carbon Black).

We need some more 1 series BMWs!!!
      08-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
jclaib7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Black Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Yes I saw you registered, thanks so much! Love the Valencia Orange 1Ms, can't wait to see your's. If you get it clean in time you can always enter it in "Clean". Just let me know on site I can move you.

Only one other 1 series pre-registered so far in another of my favorite colors (Carbon Black).

We need some more 1 series BMWs!!!
That's me! Can't wait. I thought it might be lame to enter a new car in a car show but maybe i'll go ahead and show it to represent the 1'ers.

What do I need to do?
      08-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaib7 View Post
That's me! Can't wait. I thought it might be lame to enter a new car in a car show but maybe i'll go ahead and show it to represent the 1'ers.

What do I need to do?
Happy to help. Go here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/my/logi...urs.aspx?s=741. If you are a BMW CCA member, login, if not please consider joining (If you want to join, see info below and join first). If you don't want to join, Create a 'my Boston Chapter' account. Then follow the instructions. Once you have a login, go back and login and the go here: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741 and "Click to register".

If you want to join the BMW CCA (the National club and the Local Boston Chapter) the one year cost is $48.00. There are many great benefits including rebates on new or CPO BMW purchases after one year of membership. Here is where to register as a member: https://myaccount.bmwcca.org/PortalT...EmailCheck.cfm

Most of the local BMW dealers provide a discount of 15% to 25% off of parts and accessories (including BMW clothing) with your membership.

Any more questions, just ask!

MJM

Last edited by MJM; 08-01-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
MJM
United_States
Rep

Let me try to explain what we do in a Concurs event: First, we have three different judged classes to enter "Clean", "Super Clean" and "Concurs". I won't go into detail on the "Concurs" Class as no one can pre-register for this class and we must inspect the car onsite to determine if it is suitable for entry into this class. Also we won't have just one car in that class because then there isn't any competition. (Last year we had none.)

The difference between "Clean" and "Super Clean" class is that additional areas of the car are judged. Therefore in "Clean" we only judge the Exterior and the Interior. In "Super Clean" we still judge the Exterior and the Interior using the exact same judging assessment. However we also add the Trunk and the Engine Compartment to the areas judged.

Then there are three separate groupings in "Clean" and in "Super Clean" they are: "Vintage" and "Modern" and "Late" (as in Late Model). Each of these three separate grouping within each "Clean" and "Super Clean" class will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner.

Mileage is considered a bonus (the more you have) as is the age of the car. Here is how we do it:

Bonus points are awarded as follows:
1. One point for every 10,000 odometer miles; up to a maximum of ten points.
2. One point for every ten years of the car’s age (model year is base rounded down); up to a maximum of 5 points.

(Please note: all scoring sheets and General Rules are available for download on the Event Web Page: http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=741)

To everyone: please consider entering your BMW if your passion is taking care of your Ultimate Driving Machine and showing everyone your pride and joy! We will have hundreds of BMW enthusiasts who will come just to see all the beautiful BMWs.

If you are still concerned about having your BMW in a judged class, you can always enter it in the "Display" class which is not judged. BMWs in the display class will be shown on what the Larz Anderson Museum calls "Lawn B" which is across the main roadway. Judged cars in all other classes will be shown on "Lawn A" which is the main lawn directly in front of the museum. Guests will choose a "People Choice" from the BMWs in Display Class and that BMW will be presented an award if they are present at award time.
      08-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
MJM
United_States
Rep

We now have 43 BMWs registered for the event. We will also be joined by gorgeous 2003 Black Z8 Alpina and an 2014 Estoril Blue M235i. I hope you can join us for this great event.

Online registration closes at midnight on Sunday August 3rd. Please help us host a great event for our members by pre-registering online as soon as possible.
      08-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #11
jclaib7
First Lieutenant
Rep

What I meant was, the Carbon Black Metallic 1 series you mentioned is literally mine. I already registered, but only to display the car. Thinking about entering in the clean class. As a 2013 though, I don't stand a chance of winning anything. That is fine with me though. I just want to see all of the fine BMW's and hopefully a 1M.

Can I do that when I show up on the 10th.
      08-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

I've never been to Larz before; is Lawn A right next to Lawn B?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #13
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What I meant was, the Carbon Black Metallic 1 series you mentioned is literally mine. I already registered, but only to display the car. Thinking about entering in the clean class. As a 2013 though, I don't stand a chance of winning anything. That is fine with me though. I just want to see all of the fine BMW's and hopefully a 1M.

Can I do that when I show up on the 10th.
I just sent an email to our registration database manager and asked him to change you now so when you arrive we can expeditiously get you parked in the correct area. Don't count yourself out yet. Either way, you will get a nice event T-shirt too!
      08-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #14
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmir View Post
I've never been to Larz before; is Lawn A right next to Lawn B?
Here is the best I could do in trying to post my parking plan for the event. As you can see the Lawn B area is across the roadway from Lawn A. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW CCA Concurs Parking Plan 2014.pdf (277.3 KB, 87 views)
      08-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
jclaib7
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
I just sent an email to our registration database manager and asked him to change you now so when you arrive we can expeditiously get you parked in the correct area. Don't count yourself out yet. Either way, you will get a nice event T-shirt too!
Excellent, thanks. Can't wait. Just being there surrounded by BMW's is a win for me.

P.S. What is the ideal arrival time 8:30am or right at 9am?
      08-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #16
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Excellent, thanks. Can't wait. Just being there surrounded by BMW's is a win for me.

P.S. What is the ideal arrival time 8:30am or right at 9am?
9am is fine. That will provide you two hours of additional cleaning time before we announce "Rags Down" which means everyone must now stop cleaning.

I will come and introduce myself at the event so you can put a face to a name or if you see me first, just grab me.

Thanks for attending!!
      08-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
Trptguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '87 BMW 325ic, '08 BMW 135i

went to registered and obviously i suck at directions as I found out that registration has closed. Will there be day of registration?

Also will they let car park across the road on the lawn if it is wet. Historically Larz doesn't allow it and the hill there is a little tough.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
went to registered and obviously i suck at directions as I found out that registration has closed. Will there be day of registration?

Also will they let car park across the road on the lawn if it is wet. Historically Larz doesn't allow it and the hill there is a little tough.
Trptguy: Yes there will be registration on the day of the event. If you encounter any issues, please ask for me (Michael). The weather is looking dry for Saturday and Sunday with the temperature in the low 80s. I think we should be ok.
      08-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #19
Trptguy
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome thanks! I will be bringing another friend with a 335i with me. I am assuming that the fee is the same?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #20
MJM
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
Awesome thanks! I will be bringing another friend with a 335i with me. I am assuming that the fee is the same?
Yes, I assume he will want to be in "Display" class too?
      08-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
Trptguy
Lieutenant
Rep

Yup
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #22
potxoli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F80

I am certainly going to come! If I can find time saturday to wash the car, I will register same day as well. Right now my car has never been dirtier
Appreciate 0