BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #89
happywalmartcustomer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e49er81 View Post
good idea we should put a link to this EVERYWHERE! I really hate slimy people like this trying to take advantage of other people. I'm sure BMW of North America would love to hear about this.
Potentially we can have millions notified of this in a matter of days by spreading it to more generalized web and car forums and sending summaries and links to the local news and internet news site. If it were made available I would sport a bumper sticker that said something to the effect of "Avoid Russell BMW." The example below should be our inspiration.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/24/i...sure-from-web/
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #90
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Korey you and RUSSELL ARE WRONG! I would never buy a BMW from you or your snake dealership. Instead of making the situation right, you come on here and post the lastname of a customer? That is really really unprofessional. You are violating customer private policy. If it were me, I would hire a lawyer, take this to the news and post a link to this thread on every automotive forum on the web. Not only that I would print out flyers and place them on every bmw I seen within a 5 mile radius of your "Dealership". Not only have you screwed your customer, you have the balls to come on here and try to call him out. You made yourself look like an ass. You can take all your dealership rewards and shove them up your ass!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #91
Powerman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Dear Korey,

Thank you for sharing your side of the story for us who had prematurely judged you. Now that we know the "other" side of the story, we can now "decide where to put the blame". Having read the entire thread and your post again, I now feel confident to lay the blame upon the correct party.

You.

You Korey, and Russel BMW are to blame, sir.

A deposit was left with Russel BMW for nearly 3 months. In a matter of just a single weekend, you took it upon yourself alone to decide the intentions of the buyer who left that deposit in place for those 3 months. You were not direct and honest. You did not inform the customer of your intentions to sell the vehicle out from under him when you clearly had the chance to tell him while you had him on the phone. You did not have the honesty and integrity to first sever the deal that had been held in place with a $1,000 deposit for 3 months before you entered into another deal on the same car with a different customer.

Had you contacted the customer and informed him that you were going to sell the car and gave him his deposit back PRIOR to entering into a second deal on the same vehicle, we would not be here today. If you had been 100% fully honest and up front, and given him first right of purchase before selling the car behind his back, we would not be here today. There should have been no surprises. You had the responsibility to fully and completely communicate the situation before you made the sale. This responsibility was yours and yours alone, not the customer's.

If you believed that he was interested in the M3 instead of the 135i, you had an obligation to get the customer's approval to move the deposit to the M3 prior to selling the 135i to somebody else.

This blasting is more than warranted.

Korey, you say that Russel BMW "would not have been able to last 50+ years" unless they ran their business with these less-than-upfront-and-honest sales tactics you have displayed. If that is the case, Russel BMW does not deserve to last another 50+ years. Russel BMW does not deserve to last until the end of this weekend, if your behavior is how Russel BMW believes their Mission Statement and Guiding Principles should rightfully be executed.

The next we should hear from Russel BMW is how Russel BMW has apologized for this exceedingly poor form that has been displayed, and has closed a deal that satisfied the customer at a substantial discount to make up for the additional months of waiting that your actions are causing him to suffer through. The expense of closing this second deal should be funded out of the profits that you and Russel BMW made from selling his first car. Russel BMW, and you, Korey, should not make a single penny on the sale of either car.
That is exactly how I see it Nixon. Korey, you didn't take care of the first customer that put the money down 3 months ago. You through your CA coworker under the bus by saying on this forum it was her that gave the permission to sell the car. That is even worse. She gave the permission BEFORE she left, not even on Sat. Not even informing the customer the car was up for grabs, and not even giving him the chance on Sat.I she infact gave the permission, it should have been right AFTER she had returned his deposit and terminated the arangement.

To make it worse, you came on here and voiced you side giving out personal information. You put the backing of Russel BMW behind you that they agree with you and have no problem with what happened. Now we all know things are said behind closed doors, but you went public. Sir, it is now time for you to fall on your sword.

And let's just be honest. Let's just assume the OP's apitite is bigger than his wallet. Let's just say he has been wishy washy from the start. Let's assume he has some financial problems and that there was no way he was going to get the deal he needed to make it happen. Let's just agree with you Corry that you had very good reason to believe he was not going to pull the trigger. So what? Then you give him a week to make it happen. Your dealership voices your concerns and sets a date. He waited 3 months, you can't wait a week. "Sorry Mr. Guy#2, but that car is spoke for. However, the good news is we believe he won't get it. We have to give him a week. Sorry, but our hands are tied. If you want to put down a deposit, then you will be the first in line for it if he does not come through. I am certain that if you come back NEXT WEEK you will drive away with it. Sorry, that is the best I can do."

The dealership has acted in very unethical ways. Your "side of the story" only makes it worse. Doesn't matter that you might be right. Was the quick sale worth all this bad press?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #92
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

e

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-05-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #93
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
IIf Russell is willing to mention the loosing customers name, lets see the name of the buying customer AND how much he paid.
I wouldn't want to hear the name of the second customer. Russel BMW already made that mistake once with the OP. It is definitely not the fault of the person who bought the car. But I am VERY interested in knowing what was paid.

Perhaps there is a certain brand new 135i owner who bought from Russel BMW who could post the price?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #94
Nixon
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
He waited 3 months, you can't wait a week.
Exactly!

What's worse is that the dealer didn't even need to wait a week. All they needed to do was to be honest with him on the phone, explained they were going to sell the car right then and there, and gotten an answer that very moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #95
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

e

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-05-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #96
CaliSF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

DOWN WITH RUSSELL BMW!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #97
mergen
Upstart
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

After following this very interesting thread for awhile, I decided to go to the Russel BMW website and look around. What I discovered was that, according to their website, they have a sales staff of 11 people, including General Sales Manger, Sales Manager, Used Sales Manager and 8 CAs. Out of these 11 people only one of them has been with Russel BMW for more than a year, that person being a CA for six years at Russel. Four CAs listed 8 months, two listed 1 year, one CA listed 6 years and the other had no bio info posted. All three managers listed 1 year or less.

Now this, of course, has nothing to do with Joraq's situation, but I found it interesting and very surprising, to me anyway. I wonder how these stats compare to other dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #98
taylor82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

sticky!!! this is :bs:, dealership doesn't deserve to be in business!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #99
Nixon
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen View Post
After following this very interesting thread for awhile, I decided to go to the Russel BMW website and look around. What I discovered was that, according to their website, they have a sales staff of 11 people, including General Sales Manger, Sales Manager, Used Sales Manager and 8 CAs. Out of these 11 people only one of them has been with Russel BMW for more than a year, that person being a CA for six years at Russel. Four CAs listed 8 months, two listed 1 year, one CA listed 6 years and the other had no bio info posted. All three managers listed 1 year or less.

Now this, of course, has nothing to do with Joraq's situation, but I found it interesting and very surprising, to me anyway. I wonder how these stats compare to other dealerships?
What that tells me is that the "the coveted "Centers of Excellence" award" that Russel received in the past has absolutely nothing to do with the Russel of today. All of that excellence found the door and left. And it all apparently left in a single six month period starting 1 year ago.

This crew of new guys has no rightful claim upon the "Centers of Excellence" award that was earned by honest CA's and managers that have all long since left.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #100
plexiglass
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I have to chime in. Russel BMW is where I bought my 128i. I did put a deposit down when I ordered in November 07. My CA was the reason I decided to order the car that day and (suffer through) the wait for 6 months before it arrived. My CA was going to postpone his vacation to be there if my car was going to arrive on the date is was expected to be there. The week before the "official release" date. But with BMWNA's strange info sharing with the lots and all (different but known story here), my CA went on vacation. Another CA was nice enough to come and pick me up an hour away and complete the delivery.

What Korey did was wrong. Any CA for any dealership who sells a car out from under the customer in such a fashion is wrong and it should be pointed out as such.

The one bad apple who spoils the barrel???......Before we all go too crazy and throw poo on everyone at Russel just calm down a little.
      03-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #101
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
imho +1 to the above post. it was wrong of Russell to sell the car w/o notice to the OP but it seems the wrath of this thread has gone a bit excessive????
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #102
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexiglass View Post
I have to chime in. Russel BMW is where I bought my 128i. I did put a deposit down when I ordered in November 07. My CA was the reason I decided to order the car that day and (suffer through) the wait for 6 months before it arrived. My CA was going to postpone his vacation to be there if my car was going to arrive on the date is was expected to be there. The week before the "official release" date. But with BMWNA's strange info sharing with the lots and all (different but known story here), my CA went on vacation. Another CA was nice enough to come and pick me up an hour away and complete the delivery.

What Korey did was wrong. Any CA for any dealership who sells a car out from under the customer in such a fashion is wrong and it should be pointed out as such.

The one bad apple who spoils the barrel???......Before we all go too crazy and throw poo on everyone at Russel just calm down a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joraq View Post
While my CA was on vacation, and I was in the process of selling my car, the dealership and another salesman sold my CAR without my permission stating he wasn't clear I wanted it. MY question is: "unclear after a 1K deposit and order since 12/28"? He sold it after exactly 2 days. I don't even know what to do at this point, and after confronting him and hearing the lies, I still get mad just thinking about it. Obviously I won't order from them again. What would you do? I don't know if I can wait again, but what choice do I have?

J.
Is it me or does the sales staff at Russel take a lot of "vacation?" Seems to me "vacation" is a convenient/go-to excuse for "You're not worth my time."

Then again, I wouldn't expect a car salesperson to change their vacation plans for me either...just don't lie about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #103
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

My read is the dealership wasn't sure whether or not you were going to buy the car, so they just sold it.

Dealers now take "refundable deposits" which they just treat as gestures of seriousness to buy, which isn't really a deposit. If it is refundable for no reason other than "I don't want it anymore" then it's not a deposit.

Don't get me wrong, the dealer is the one that screwed up here. Just saying you have to be careful dealing with a business such as car sales - I don't trust anyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #104
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

I'm reading all this, and at first it sounds like the dealer was a real dick. Then I started thinking about it a little more. I've got a car on order right now. I'll be watching for it's delivery date, and at least a week before hand I'll have the financing lined up and as much of the paperwork done as possible so that all I have to do is a pre-delivery inspection and drive off the lot. I would imagine that most people who are really serious about the car will do the same thing.

I'm not really understanding why the car was still sitting on the lot for days after it was ready to be picked up.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #105
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I'm reading all this, and at first it sounds like the dealer was a real dick. Then I started thinking about it a little more. I've got a car on order right now. I'll be watching for it's delivery date, and at least a week before hand I'll have the financing lined up and as much of the paperwork done as possible so that all I have to do is a pre-delivery inspection and drive off the lot. I would imagine that most people who are really serious about the car will do the same thing.

I'm not really understanding why the car was still sitting on the lot for days after it was ready to be picked up.
True, but the point remains that the dealer was not forthcoming in his intentions to sell the car the OP had ordered and waited on for 3 months. If the OP had been told, "We are going to sell this car to another buyer if you don't close the deal by end of business Saturday" then we wouldn't be here posting. I highly suspect the dealer sold the car for more than what the OP had aggreed upon when the deal was originally struck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #106
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Exclamation

Quote:
That is when I posted the "It is here" thread on the 14th. Soo.. when he called on Monday the 18th I thought he was speaking in my interest when he stated: "Someone is interested in your car and wants to buy it today, are you still interested.." Duh??!!!

He included to say that he had been told I was away and would return later in the week. Thinking he was looking out for my best interest, I stated "it is my goal to purchase the car saturday".. he asked twice and I confirmed twice..

...But you didn't go? They tried to reach you and you didn't show after confirming twice? You knew someone else was interested in buying the car. When I order a new BMW and tell a dealer that Saturday is delivery day, that's the day. Still, nothing is yours until you sign for it and drive off the lot. The dealer had every right to sell their car to someone who showed them the money and signed for it. It seems like you were sending ambiguous messages to them. To top it off you didn't let them know that you didn't intend to take delivery on Saturday.

You are lucky it wasn't a real estate transaction. You would have lost your deposit too for not showing up to settlement. It's not like you bailed at the grocery store check out and the clerk had to restock the Count Chocula. You ordered a BMW to your exact specifications and didn't buy it when it came in. The 1 can't be sent back to BMW. If anyone owes you anything its the person driving the car you ordered for them. You saved them a lot of time. Sorry to sound harsh but when I ordered my first M3 I waited an eternity and asked if I could do the paperwork early so I could focus on driving away asap from the dealership. Something isn't adding up on your side of the story and all I can think of is an unforseen circumstance arose on your end after placing the order.

I still think that if you played your cards right you could get a discount for the CA posting your name, but not because you decided to back out on your word that you gave twice.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #107
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

It has been interesting watching the wave of feelings as many read this post. It's the dealerships falut, Names shouldn't have been placed and now.. It's Joraq's fault for not having things in line. Well, time cannot be rewound. Actions have taken place with consequences to follow. Before any more assumptions take place, let us remember that I have stated the truth as I've known it, and so have the other parties that be. Read the statements and make the decisions for yourself. My goal when I first wrote this thread was to share my disappointment. I did not think I would receive any compensation for the wrongdoing done against me. Other than the 1K over invoice, I have received nothing, not even an official apology. What I have received was a "yeah I pulled the trigger, we didn't think you were serious". Or a yeah, you didn't seem serious so we nulled our agreement.

Some points that we all my want to consider:

I was never officially called when my car came in. I simply drove by and saw it. The night it came in it obviously had to be PDI'd so I did not drive it.
I received no call thereafter other than the call the Monday. Let us remember the car was sold that same Monday even though It was supposed to be held until Saturday.
The phone call stated that I "was" on vacation until the weekend.

I was merely checking out the M3, I stated in the test drive that I had a 135i on order.

Let us make sure not to make statements over the my readiness as you all do not know. Regardless of whether my car was sold or not, I did not at any point say I would not buy the car. I simply was not given that opportunity.. That is why we are here. Case in point.

Russel has not done everyone wrong, as seen by plexiglass's post. Russel has done me wrong. With the information being as it has been written, for the most part, the question that begs the truth remains.

Were their actions correct? Would you buy a car from them? What should be done now that they have sold a customers car with no regard?

Let the truth be told.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #108
BMW4ever
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Sorry, but I agree with Voltron...

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Voltron. Yes! They should've told you that if you didn't pick up the car on certain date, that they were going to sell it to someone else. And everybody was under the assumption, from what they've heard from you Joraq, that you didn't want the car because of your circumstances with your trade. But the true litmus test was that you didn't show up or call on that Saturday. If you really wanted to buy the car, why didn't you show up on that day??? Let alone try to call them and tell them that you couldn't make it becasue of whatever reason. Just like Voltron said, when I ordered my 545i ( Sterling BMW ), I couldn't wait to pick up my car!!! When the salesman called me that my car was here and I can come to pick it up, I was there on that exact date and time.

"With all due respect, if you would have showed up on Saturday, this sort of blasting would be warranted and is even recommended." ( from Corey )

Even here, I totally agree with Corey. You have every right to blass the dealership if you had shown up that day to pick up your car and you found out that they sold your car. But this clearly shows that you had no intention of buying that car or some circumstances didn't allow you to buy the car. Just like Voltron stated,

"You are lucky it wasn't a real estate transaction. You would have lost your deposit too for not showing up to settlement. It's not like you bailed at the grocery store check out and the clerk had to restock the Count Chocula."

From what I understand these cars are hot and that they are in demand. I'm sure, just like other hot cars when they first come out, that other customers are calling around to see if the dealers have cars in stock that they can buy.

Joraq, please forgive me for saying this, but it is my feeling that you knew all along you were'nt going to buy the car but since it was sold you're feeling like you have an upper hand on them and you want to benefit from this. My advice is to take the $1000 over and move on. Life is too short and precious for people to loose any sleep over it. My buddy has a 135i on order at Fairfax BMW and he's paying sticker for it. They were trying to charge over sticker but when he showed them that he can go else where they quickly changed there mind. Just my opinion...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #109
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

I forgot to a comment in my last post. Beware of wolves hiding in sheeps clothing, i.e. trolls, other Ultimate CA's.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:20 AM   #110
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
I forgot to a comment in my last post. Beware of wolves hiding in sheeps clothing, i.e. trolls, other Ultimate CA's.

J.
+1 along with one post wonders who felt the need to join just to agree with the dealer. Grain of salt, everyone...
Appreciate 0