BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
bedouin
Rep
Drives:

Ouch - Odometer plastic scratched

Hey guys, so anyways since it is now getting sunny i started to notice that my plastic infront of my speedo is all scratched. There is even a couple huge scratches which are really annoying in the right sunglight.

I was hoping you guys would have some ideas on some products to hide/get that out. Or even if it is possible to replace it. I wonder if someone makes a sort of plastic film you can put over it much like people put on their cellphones.

All i have used to clean it is a microfibre cloth and now it is all scratched up. If it helps i will try to get some pictures but when i put my finger over it i can't feel anything so it is just on the surface.

Just scared to make it worse!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

look for Novus No.2 Light Plastic scratch remover, and Novus No. 1 cleaner.
http://www.tapplastics.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
2AD Tanker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire Metallic

Meguiar's plastic scratch remover does a great job on headlights and taillights so I bet it would be good for the plastic on the gauges.