BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #23
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

You would have a harder time getting traction with a 225 rear tire. Especially with the 135i. The 255 would be much better.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #24
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

i know, but they don't seem to have the 255/35/18 kumho. Do you think the 225 would fit the rear?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #25
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
i know, but they don't seem to have the 255/35/18 kumho. Do you think the 225 would fit the rear?
225 will fit the rear. It's just maybe not the best choice. It will be very narrow.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #26
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
225 will fit the rear. It's just maybe not the best choice. It will be very narrow.
which of the Kumhos would be better? I understand the drop in traction from 2cm less rubber, but it wouldn't look weird, right? like there wouldn't be a 2cm gap or anything?

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #27
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
which of the Kumhos would be better? I understand the drop in traction from 2cm less rubber, but it wouldn't look weird, right? like there wouldn't be a 2cm gap or anything?
It would look weird width wise, not height. Kumho does have any great matches there except their all season ASX tire.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #28
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I have been going back and forth about the using the OE Run flats or selling them when they are still new and getting a set of Yokohama S.Drive tires for $800 and a space saver spare for $250.

If I use the OE runflats and get 1 flat and have to spend $525 at the BMW dealer I will wish I had just spent $800 on a new set of S.Drive tires.

Then I figured if I get the space saver for $250, which I will buy anyway for when I use my non runflat 17" winter snow tires, if I get a flat with the OE runflats I can stop right away and not drive on it. That way I can get it patched and use it again. I understand BMW won't patch a runflat but most tire shops will. Just don't drive on it like it was designed for.

If I sell the OE runflats when they are new for about $4-600 on eBAY I can just get new non runflats and the space saver spare.

I am just trying to figure out what it best b4 getting the car. I don't know.

What I do know it what I have read at many websites about very unhappy BMW owners with runflat problems and cost. And many owners who didn't have any problems said they make the car ride like a cement truck.

So many options, I don't know whats best. I want the 135i to handle great and get great grip, which the OE tires should do.

If I get Yoko S.Drive tires I read they are less aggressive in handling and grip then the OE Potenza's. If I want maximum handling and grip like the OE Potenza's I would have to buy the same tire in a non runflat version, or buy the Michelin PS2 which are around $1,000 a set.

OH MAN, why did BMW put runcraps on their cars? What s HASSLE.

Please excuse my overthinking on this issue, thats just me.

Here is the $245 spare, it weighs only 24#

Appreciate 0