E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The biggest E90 Meet on the Planet!!

04-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #45
GW
Rep
Drives: Air Force One

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

THE SECRETARY: My Congratulations once again to our British counterparts for an exceptional efforts.

"Its close, but no cigars, it has to be arbitrated in Floridas Courts"
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18114
Attached Images

Last edited by GW; 04-24-2006 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #46
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
Nice meet, would 've loved to be there...
Any special guests like Jeremy Clarkson for example?
there woz this fella in a ford focus tdci that thought he was rather special, but alas for him he wasn't a guest

what a superb day out can't wait for the next one, lots of fun especially when we brought a little sleepy hamlet of central england to a standstill with a big long line of e90's, got quite a few of double takes!!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #47
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
At worst, we have drawn as the biggest meet so far- the 16th BMW was at the front of the car park Craig!

Just for the record, I've come up with some First UK meet facts:

• the only meet to have more people turn up than was actually expected!
  • the only meet to have an unknown visitor, bringing his wife's BMW Individual 330d Sport, but who could have brought his Ferrari instead! (Hope you are reading this Chris?!)
  • the only meet where the SatNav cocked up completely, taking everyone to a road in the wrong village with no Indian restaurant! :mad:
  • the only meet where getting lost was more fun than knowing where we were!
  • the only meet to have UK & US spec e90s side-by-side!!!
  • the only meet to have both UK & US members attending
  • the only meet where a lack of food meant an early Indian meal in the late afternoon!
  • the only meet where the weather started crap & got better & better
  • the only meet to have made more people turn their heads than any other ever before- last recorded count was the population of Melbourne, Derbyshire!!!
  • the only meet to have completely filled the forecourt of a petrol (gasoline) station, for no reason other than to ask for directions!!
  • the only meet to have had their convoys gazed upon by several Honda R-Types!
  • the only meet to have had a Mercedes driver try to unsuccessfully overtake a moving convoy!!!

ooh the memories, flashback city here. That merc was funny an old 190 cosworth getting pasted by a 320i,

Added advantage for me is that i now have a reasonable idea how to work my car, however am frightened to touch me brakes now after discovering my brake wear rate is triple anybody elses.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #48
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
John that old merc was easily pasted no match for my 320i ...
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #49
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Okay - got to weigh in for my UK brethren...

This was "the biggest E90 meet on the planet!!" Not giving Floyd or myself any pats on the back, but ... with our help, we made this thing international! How often will you see UK and US spec cars side-by-side? We had 15 cars there, and technically (props to jhbodle), we could have counted that E90 318 there (and we should, because that car was only a few feet from ours) - which is quite an impressive number, considering the distance we traveled. And then, we top it off with absolutely awesome (!) panoramic shots that show every single car in a line-up. Now that makes it the "biggest meet." Until another meet is held like this one, you can talk numbers [alone] all you want ... it ain't gonna convince me.

Sorry, my fellow Americans, but there it is.

[She steps off her soapbox and wanders off, singing "We are the world"......]

Marilyn
      04-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #50
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey

This was "the biggest E90 meet on the planet!!" Not giving Floyd or myself any pats on the back, but ... with our help, we made this thing international! How often will you see UK and US spec cars side-by-side? We had 15 cars there, and technically (props to jhbodle), we could have counted that E90 318 there (and we should, because that car was only a few feet from ours) - which is quite an impressive number, considering the distance we traveled. And then, we top it off with absolutely awesome (!) panoramic shots that show every single car in a line-up. Now that makes it the "biggest meet." Until another meet is held like this one, you can talk numbers [alone] all you want ... it ain't gonna convince me.

Marilyn

yeah baby!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #51
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Marilyn
Go Marilyn, go Marilyn, go Marilyn!!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #52
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999
John that old merc was easily pasted no match for my 320i ...
hitman, you are not far wrong, he was reallly trying you should have seen the smoke come out of the back of his car, wouldn't surprise me if his car is off the road today................
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #53
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
hitman, you are not far wrong, he was reallly trying you should have seen the smoke come out of the back of his car, wouldn't surprise me if his car is off the road today................
Yeah it looked horrendous he was clearly gunning that thing for all it was worth. The 320i took care of it easily.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 02:31 AM   #54
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

WoW This is Funny You call this the biggest Meet on the planet well Why dont you come down to the Bay Area and see for yourself. Just come to Santana Roll or Valley Fair parking lot and you will see about 40 BMW E90 line up
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:55 AM   #55
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.L3IchibanM3
WoW This is Funny You call this the biggest Meet on the planet well Why dont you come down to the Bay Area and see for yourself. Just come to Santana Roll or Valley Fair parking lot and you will see about 40 BMW E90 line up
Wow we've not heard of a meet with 40 E90's lined up like ours. Please post your pics to show us. Our 14 E90's is the biggest line up I've seen on the forum to date...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #56
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Victor ... show us your meet pics!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #57
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:

Marilyn
Hahaha- you tell them Marilyn!

Quote:
Wow...this is hilarious!
Any actual evidence of that Victor?
40 e90s spread across a panoramic shot would look damn fine as a border over a pastel shade in the lounge!
It's not that I don't beleive you, but I reckon you are talking !

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #58
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
victor me old mucker where hav u suddenly sprung up from wi your total of 2 posts, you must be one of these "LURKERS"

To the whole e90 family worldwide beware of the LURKER,

this is serious I can almost feel you checking you number of posts to ensure u couldn't be accused of being a LURKER
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #59
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
It doesn't matter, because California is communist fictional location.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #60
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
victor me old mucker where hav u suddenly sprung up from wi your total of 2 posts, you must be one of these "LURKERS"

To the whole e90 family worldwide beware of the LURKER,

this is serious I can almost feel you checking you number of posts to ensure u couldn't be accused of being a LURKER
With your LURKER characteristics Victor, you may as well come along to our next meet, but you've got to be wearing at least a Lamborghini sweatshirt & an AMG tracksuit ok! (injoke for UK First Meet gang!)

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #61
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
shimshimhada probs spelt it wrong don't giv a toss whats wi the tangerine/jaffa, does it mean anything????
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #62
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
shimshimhada probs spelt it wrong don't giv a toss whats wi the tangerine/jaffa, does it mean anything????
Is Shimshimhada seedless?

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #63
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Is Shimshimhada seedless?
viv have you been at the sherry again???? your too nice a bloke to be takin the piss, I must admit I am sat here wi big smile on me face (nuthin weird goin on) letsss stick it to them, you know who we mean!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #64
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
viv have you been at the sherry again???? your too nice a bloke to be takin the piss, I must admit I am sat here wi big smile on me face (nuthin weird goin on) letsss stick it to them, you know who we mean!!!!!!!!
A mere question it was Pads, merely requiring an answer, of sorts!

Come on Shimi, what's with the citrus fruit fetish?
All of the UK gang want to know the story behind the tangy teaser!

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #65
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I say, our fellow Americans have gone quiet on the old 40 E90's at one meet , where are you all and your technicolour photographs to prove one's meets are as exceptional as the British's.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #66
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
I say, our fellow Americans have gone quiet on the old 40 E90's at one meet , where are you all and your technicolour photographs to prove one's meets are as exceptional as the British's.
When there's at the start, in the middle & at the end, the whole thing is just a load of ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0