E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Who has Pre-ordered and is still waiting?

05-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #23
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
These stories should be an embarassment to BMW NA
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #24
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Well, here's further reason for my increasing irritation with BMW, along with my dealer. First they said it'll be in definitely by Saturday, and I'll drive it home Monday 5-9-05. Nothing all day yesterday. Nothing today, so I called and they still don't have the car, and furthermore, they don't have any idea where the car is at the present time. Is it at the port? Is it on a truck? Is is crossing the ocean? No one seems to know. Now my dealer just handed me a line, "oh it MIGHT be in by this Friday or Saturday". Then they had the nerve to start to get an attitude with me that I shouldn't be calling so much! Like a don't call us--we'll call you kind of thing. WHERE IS MY CAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD??? It's not that hard of a question. And yet, they still don't have an exact date when I can expect to see it. It's really funny how things work. They had NO problem taking my $1000.00 deposit. Sorry for being so burned up...I'm not thinking rationally right now...I'd better just calm myself down because right now I'm really thinking seriously about canceling the order competely.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #25
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

sharp, I don't blame ya, and I'd be just as mad if not madder if I was getting the same answers from my dealer. That's unacceptable for a dealer to tell a customer a certain date on which to expect his car and then not even know where the car is... da hell is that?? :mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #26
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I mean it's not their fault the shipping is slow...but they shouldn't tell me to expect one date, then let 5 days go by and they still don't know anything.

Well, it seems no sooner did I write up my last post, the dealership did call me back and they said the car finally arrived! I still have to wait until Friday to pick it up (my sales rep is going to some kind of seminar and wants to be there when I take delivery) so I'm trying to be understanding. After all, I waited this long. It's just now I have an EXACT date, as well the EXACT time to be at the dealership, so I feel a whole heck of a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #27
Nu 3 in Sin City
Driver of the Ultimate Driving Machine
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Angry

Here's the latest on my situation:

The Sales Manager at the Dealer called me today to tell me that my car never left the Port. Actually, it sustained a "minor" gouge in the rear bumper, about 1/32" thick at it's widest point and about a "pinkies" length. He informed me that the Port has been disputing with the Trucking company as to who's fault it is. Also, he mentioned that the Port told him that they are going to repair the "gouge" by Friday and ship the car out on Saturday or Monday. Why wasn't I informed of this last week and repaired back then???

What kills me is why are we being told this now, after being told on Thursday last week that it was going onto a truck, then were told that it was on the way on Friday and Saturday, then to be told on Monday they did not know where the car was. Then to finally be told about this supposed "gouge" today, which is about 6 days after they were supposed to ship the car in the first place? Something sounds very fishy.

I have called BMW customer service to report the problem, after asking my Dealer for the name of the BMW Sunbelt Regional Rep. They supposedly didnt have his number and told me that he will call me Wednesday morning. I want someone to verify that there is damage to the car, either in pictures or a first hand look by the Regional Rep. before I decide to go on and purchase the car when it gets here. I also want the car expedited, I don't want to wait several more days or weeks to get my car. Yes, I am very furious at this point and I feel like I am not being treated fairly by my Dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #28
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh man, that SUCKS! I would be really upset. The only reason I'm in a good mood is because they finally gave me an exact date for mine. I really can't quite understand these problems. Don't these dealers realize they're gong to have a lot on angry people on their hands when they make promises to customers when they know they can't keep them? The fact that your car now got damaged would make me super pis*ed. I mean it's not bad enough you had to wait almost a week past the day they told you, but now they're handing you a line about how it got damaged and you have to wait even longer!!!

Yeah, that's the best thing to do. Make sure you can get some proof of the actual damage. Otherwise, if they keep giving you excuses, maybe you'd be better off going somewhere else. I mean, like I said, you can't blame the dealers for slow shipping, or even damage during shipping, but you CAN blame them when they give you a time to expect the car, and then there's no follow up as days pass while you're waiting for them to call. Sheesh. I mean, it's almost a $40,000 BMW we're talking about. You'd think dealers would be more helpful and straight-forward. Good luck Nu 3, anyway. Sorry to hear about your added headaches now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #29
Nathan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 3.0

Man this is like deja vu for me! When i ordered my e46 back in early August of 1998, i didn't take delivery of the car till mid November, mainly due to a gouge in my door. Apparently BMW AG just replaced the door, but because parts were available since it was a new platform, it had to be shipped from Germany, which took forever.

I completely forgot about this until you mentioned your findings. I think it took an extra three weeks to get my car after it was at the prep center. You should definietly talk to your dealer about cancelling your order (bluff as much as you can) and ordering a new one. They will then give you a firm date. Definitely find out about the damage, that is most crucial. I wouldn't want a banged up car. They should give you a freakin discount for all this BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #30
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
my sales rep is going to some kind of seminar and wants to be there when I take delivery) so I'm trying to be understanding.
What?!? That's ridiculous. You have to wait? For what? So your sales rep can have a warm and fuzzy feeling when you take delivery of your car? That's a load of BS.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #31
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

What makes me really suspicious about all of this, is that I asked the Sales manager to call the Port and have them take pictures of the damage and send them to us for review. The Sales Manager called me later and said that the Port will not take pictures.

Talk about feeling powerless, and BMW Customer service doesn't do a darned thing, they tell me that once it leaves Germany, it's out of their hands. So, who do the Port peopel work for...BMW, or some contractor? Why should I or anyone else be treated like this for a car worth close to $50K ?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 01:46 AM   #32
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

Still waiting since March. I am feeling like a crackhead right about now. I haven't even gotten a production number.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 02:05 AM   #33
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldpantoja
Still waiting since March. I am feeling like a crackhead right about now. I haven't even gotten a production number.
My dealer had several new 330is on order but they can change the options/specs a month or so before it is actually produced.

So there it was: 330i with nothing on it yet, production week 20.
I ordered the thing week 17.

Week 21 or 22 I can collect it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 02:36 AM   #34
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep

I actually added navigation yesterday

Is it just me or are the sports seats a little tight???
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 03:34 AM   #35
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Did any ship actually came in yet? What I've been told is that the first shipment actually arrives on June 23rd. I got this from what I think are pretty good 2 sources. One is from my dad's friend who's the fleet manager at Assael BMW down in LA. So supposedly thats when my car would get here. The other one is when I test drove the car up here at San Mateo. He was looking through his list of demo cars to see if anyone matches the specs I wanted, and I saw on this long list of pre/post-production vehicles that the delivery date is June 23rd.

Have anyone in the US actually taken delivery of a non-demo vehicle??? Also, based what both dealership was telling me, all the vehicles going into production around this month are vehicles that were ordered way back in march. They are cutting me in line on some "blank" vehicles that has no options selected, and thats how I will be able to get my car in June, instead of actually getting in the back of the line and supposedly waiting another 2 months for my car.

You guys got me worried now. I don't want delays for my car. I have no car right now!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #36
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep

I guess my dealer was smart. They just told me some time in June.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #37
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldpantoja
I actually added navigation yesterday

Is it just me or are the sports seats a little tight???
Nav is Are you a big guy? The sports seats might get tight if you are.. but all the better for holding you in place when you do skidpad tests for fun
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #38
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Hi Everyone,

In case you have read my previous posts on this matter, I wanted to give you all an update on my situation.

I received a call from the BMW Sunbelt Regional Manager today. On behalf of BMW, he apologized for the screw up involving my car. As previously mentioned, the car arrived at the Port in California on April 18th and waiting until the 6th ( Release date ) to be placed on a Truck and shipped here to Las Vegas. Well, on Monday I got a call from the dealer telling me that they did not know where the car was. I was then told yesterday that it was damaged at the Port and there was a dispute between teh Port and the Trucking company as to who was at fault. Meanwhile, the compters showed that it left the Port , but the Trucking company's computers showed that they didn't have it. I finally got an answer today, the car sustained a scratch on the rear bumper, about a pinkie's length and 1/32" wide. The Port is in the process of repairing the scratch and hopes to get it on the Truck by Friday/Saturday. It should be delivered to my dealer by Mid to Late next week, if not earlier.

I was very upset during this ordeal, but am now satisfied with the end reslut finally knowing what actually happened and that it will be taken care of. So, if anyone happens to be in the same situation, be patient, make phone calls and follow through until you get the truth. It all turned out fine for me and it was just one of those fluke things that happen on rare occassions.

I'm still thrilled about getting my car and can't wait to share some Pics of the car when it gets here.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #39
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Ok, I really need to use Spell Check next time...sorry for the Typos!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #40
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
How are they "repairing" the damage?? Also, without knowing how the damage occured, there might be other collateral damages also that they don't know about or can't see. Are you really still going to take that specific vehicle? I wouldn't, at least not unless they offer some type of discount along with a more extensive warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 04:16 AM   #41
Armen52
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My dealer says my car is scheduled for production in week 21. He also says I will be able to pick it up in Los Angeles by July 6th or 7th. I'm not 100% on how the weeks are counted but week 21 should be next week or the week after that.

Is this a reasonable thing to expect? Unfortunately I'm on a really tight schedule I start my new job in Seattle on the 11th. If the car is late I don't want anyone else driving it all the way so I might just ask to have it courtesy delivered in Washington after all to that I'm not biting my nails or getting screwed on delivery.

What do you think guys?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #42
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen52
My dealer says my car is scheduled for production in week 21. He also says I will be able to pick it up in Los Angeles by July 6th or 7th. I'm not 100% on how the weeks are counted but week 21 should be next week or the week after that.

Is this a reasonable thing to expect? Unfortunately I'm on a really tight schedule I start my new job in Seattle on the 11th. If the car is late I don't want anyone else driving it all the way so I might just ask to have it courtesy delivered in Washington after all to that I'm not biting my nails or getting screwed on delivery.

What do you think guys?
Yes, the only reason I'm getting my car so soon is because I ordered it in March and the dealer went out of their way and modified one of their orders (to match the way I wanted it). My car is one of the first four they were scheduled to recieve. Otherwise, if I would have put a completely new order in at the end of March, I would've had to wait until the first week of July to take delivery, believe it or not.

Maybe you'd be better off going to a Seattle dealership and placing an order there. If you place an order now, you're looking at at least 3 months. Good luck with your decision.

I'll be picking up mine, tomorrow 5/13 (yikes I just realized tomorrow's Friday the 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious.)

Only 15 hours, 43 minutes, and 23 seconds to go!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #43
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
How are they "repairing" the damage?? Also, without knowing how the damage occured, there might be other collateral damages also that they don't know about or can't see. Are you really still going to take that specific vehicle? I wouldn't, at least not unless they offer some type of discount along with a more extensive warranty.
They are repairing the scratch by either re-finishing the bumper or perhaps replacing the whole bumper. Since this is a very small scratch, I would think that the cause of the scratch was not big enough to effect anything structural. We're talking a small scratch as long as a pimkie and 1/32" thick at it's widest. Yes I still want the car and am confident that BMW Vehicle Processing Center will repair the damage appropriately. Afterall, that is the purpose of the VPC, to go over your car with a fine-tooth comb before it's sent to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #44
Armen52
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Yes, the only reason I'm getting my car so soon is because I ordered it in March and the dealer went out of their way and modified one of their orders (to match the way I wanted it). My car is one of the first four they were scheduled to recieve. Otherwise, if I would have put a completely new order in at the end of March, I would've had to wait until the first week of July to take delivery, believe it or not.

Maybe you'd be better off going to a Seattle dealership and placing an order there. If you place an order now, you're looking at at least 3 months. Good luck with your decision.

I'll be picking up mine, tomorrow 5/13 (yikes I just realized tomorrow's Friday the 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious.)

Only 15 hours, 43 minutes, and 23 seconds to go!!!!
I would have liked to just order the car in Seattle. Unfortunately no dealer I spoke to up there wanted to come off sticker price. That just doesn't work for me. I can pay for professional shipment from LA and still come out on top with the deal I got.
Appreciate 0