BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Jerrycarciente
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Berk street exhaust instead of oem performance?

Hey guys, I have right now installed a Berk Dp with OEM PE exhaust... I want to change it for Berk street performance.
Want to change it because I'm sure berk weight less ans maybe a I don't know if it will give me more gains or response.
I have a 135i N55
Please give your thoughts about it!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Flipwit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I've got the berk street on an n55 and it is the perfect compromise between noise and performance if you ask me. The turbo spools slightly faster, and you can hear it over the engine if you are in to that sort of thing. Berk exhaust is ~40 pounds or so lighter or more than the OEM (75 lbs stock weight) and has a smoother tube and internals.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Jerrycarciente
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipwit View Post
I've got the berk street on an n55 and it is the perfect compromise between noise and performance if you ask me. The turbo spools slightly faster, and you can hear it over the engine if you are in to that sort of thing. Berk exhaust is ~40 pounds or so lighter or more than the OEM (75 lbs stock weight) and has a smoother tube and internals.
Hey Flipwit, TXs for your answer, did you feel a better response ? Noticeable ?

Txs!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Flipwit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

The Butt dyno felt the difference, honestly the power delivery came maybe a little sooner. The sound though... roll those windows down and it is just music, sweet sweet turbocharged music! You will get a larger benefit as you have the down pipe and I do not. Pull the trigger and don't look back
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Jerrycarciente
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipwit View Post
The Butt dyno felt the difference, honestly the power delivery came maybe a little sooner. The sound though... roll those windows down and it is just music, sweet sweet turbocharged music! You will get a larger benefit as you have the down pipe and I do not. Pull the trigger and don't look back
TXS Man!!
Appreciate 0