BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
So you think itd just be better to slap on a $500 intake because this car costs more money? You think the BMS looks too cheap for this car?? Thats exactly why I wont take you're opinions seriously..

Sometimes basic is the best way to go
Yet you follow blindly, offer no evidence, claim that the Mr5 intake and Dinan intake are just as restrictive as the stock box when I clearly posted that Terry from BMS agrees that it flows just the same as the DCI's. Again here it is just in case you didn't read and blindly defended you opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
That design looks much better than your first one! Looking at the wastegate duty cycles clearly shows the compressors are working less with the Mr.5 intake and DCI compared to the stock airbox. I know you went with single 3rd gear pull to avoid shifting variance, but a 60-130 run might show a more realistic spread. With only 4-5 seconds its hard to see the real performance difference between the three. But at 9-10 seconds we'd see more of a spread.

PS. The testing seems to indicate what we saw in our testing. Specifically that there was a slightly potential advantage with the stock filter + 2nd filter compared to the DCI. But our testing was 40-120 and we saw less than .1th gain and only on some runs. After a few tests back and forth we concluded the open element was about as good, easier to install, and less expensive. It is possible your new design out flows our development design though. Maybe I'll hack up another airbox and make a Mr5 replica for testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
I like the Mr.5 option also but it's just not practical to mass produce.
Thats exactly why no one should take your opinions seriously..

Last edited by ErvGotti; 08-06-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0