BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Some one needs to hack Idrive!

OK some one needs to hack Idrive sot hat when you hook up your Android phone to the car you will have hands free blue tooth.

This not having hands free thing is a freaking crock of crap!

The guy or gal who thought about not including this in the car needs to be taken out of his or her cube and her fellow bean counter engineers will be forced to stone this person to death at gun point.

This way they will remember to never ever do something this stupid ever again!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Buy an iPhone? Hands free blue tooth including streaming any kind of sound such as Pandora works perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

No i want to click on the freaking icon on my freaking wheel and talk to my freaking phone!

NOT HARD! Why can all the other $30k+ cars do this but this car......can't?

Find that engineer bean counter and get his or her buddies ready to throw some rocks!

Learn bitches learn! I as a customer have this bad ass thing called choice. And sadly at the time I made the wrong choice about cars....not noticing that this car was lacking what is almost now basic equipment even in a FORD! Next time...I think I'll go Audi!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
BFD99
The Stig!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Android and iPhone work perfectly fine on bluetooth on my car.
      03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
terrapen73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Android works fine in my older 2007 Z4's Bluetooth as well, which is probably a generation behind what you have. You may need to stop by your dealership. Sounds like you may be having another problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Lubo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 335 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
OK some one needs to hack Idrive sot hat when you hook up your Android phone to the car you will have hands free blue tooth.

This not having hands free thing is a freaking crock of crap!

The guy or gal who thought about not including this in the car needs to be taken out of his or her cube and her fellow bean counter engineers will be forced to stone this person to death at gun point.

This way they will remember to never ever do something this stupid ever again!

Looks like you are doing something wrong. I had both my iphone and android phones connected in my car and both of them worked just fine....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Dumb question but - it only works if it's an installed option, correct?

I think he's yelling that it's not standard.

I don't care either way, I've had my car perhaps 6 months and I've never even bothered to check. I am a serious geek in some ways, and not whatsoever in others. Phones fall into that latter category I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Phone? Bluetooth? Who needs THAT!>? I bought my car to DRIVE! Not to talk.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
1Fasst1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, Jet Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Phone? Bluetooth? Who needs THAT!>? I bought my car to DRIVE! Not to talk.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I don't even answer my phone while I am driving!

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Dumb question but - it only works if it's an installed option, correct?
BINGO!
I have the button on the wheel. NICE!
I have the phone in the car. NICE!
The phone has hands free. NICE!
So why can't the FREAKING CAR!

A god for saken FORD Focus has come with hands free phone for how many years now? Connect phone? Check. Get phone call? Check. Click to answer via the phones speak phone....CHECK!

Why can't this car do this?
And why can't I have it as an option after I bought the car?

I think it's in the system, somone needs to hack the crap out of Idrive and get this bitch to work right!

Some people need a good killing and the dumb ass who thought it was a good idea that this car should not have hand free....needs to be killed.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

There are "hacks" to do this. Search on this topic and you will find them. Several use OEM parts. All require some coding.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

I have no problems with my Andriod connecting to my car, loading my contacts, receiving/ending calls by a click on the steering wheel and making calls from the iDrive. Seems like my bluetooth works with my Andriod, maybe you're isn't on the "approved" BMW list.

Have you checked that? I bet its your phone, if not....your bluetooth needs to be recharged. Just go to the dealer and have them recharge it for free.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
BINGO!
I have the button on the wheel. NICE!
I have the phone in the car. NICE!
The phone has hands free. NICE!
So why can't the FREAKING CAR!

A god for saken FORD Focus has come with hands free phone for how many years now? Connect phone? Check. Get phone call? Check. Click to answer via the phones speak phone....CHECK!

Why can't this car do this?
And why can't I have it as an option after I bought the car?

I think it's in the system, somone needs to hack the crap out of Idrive and get this bitch to work right!

Some people need a good killing and the dumb ass who thought it was a good idea that this car should not have hand free....needs to be killed.
BMW's are special and personal.. they can be ordered in many ways and you can have many choices, even body color of a custom choice ( if your will to pay enough for the luxury) << BTW a ford cant be ordered in a custom color.

By lookin at all your prior post id say the following:

you didnt do enough research to know the functions / limits / options of the 50k car that you were buying.. you seemed to have complained about alot of things.

you are to blame as to why you have no Bluetooth function when it could have easily been ordered with your car .

with no disrespect I really think you screwed up and you will never be happy with the car .

p.s. also as many cars as i have had, all the seat rails have sharp edges.
      03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

My VW did not.
Two shoes later and a few bottle of water later....yeah that has to get freaking fixed. Pointed it out to BMW and they indicated they knew it was an issue, others have had similar problems and they had nothing to cover those sharp edges. Suggested I utilize hot glue gun to cover the sharp edges in a bead of glue to prevent such problems.

Thinking it might be a good idea to send the ripped shoes over to BMW USA with a nice little letter asking them for their thoughts!

I got this car as a certified second hand car. Which is nice.

But I don't like the fact that my friend who bought the Ford Focus has hands free installed for free. Since diving in the US with your hand on your phone is a nice ticket! Not to mention dangerous.

First thing you learn when you get your EMBA; do not make excuses why your product is lacking. Your customers will see that, note it and walk the hell away unless you have a quick solution and a form of compensation.

I'm sure the same engineer/bean counter that decided to make blue tooth hands free an option was the same rocket scientists who thought "Well you know that mechanical limited slip think that the RX-8 has....and all other nice well behaved sports cars have.....eeeehhh...look whoever is driving this car will be pissed off that the bottle of water rolled and got punctured by the seat rails, wondering if his phone got wet all the while trying to answer a phone...won't even notice the lack of a mechanical limited slip differential."

BMW, find that person or persons, politely provide them a nice cardboard box ask them to take everything off their desk, and give them their last pay check. This is unacceptable. I don't care how great your engine is, and I'm sure it's nice.....but $4 parts like this....cost you customers.

Second thing you learn when you get your EMBA; customers talk.

I honestly don't think I will be recommending this car in the future.
Sure it's fun to drive and sounds great! No questions asked. But they cut corners like Kia at a luxury price.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
There are "hacks" to do this. Search on this topic and you will find them. Several use OEM parts. All require some coding.
What words should i search for to get my phone and the car to talk to each other?

It's sad when your friend is driving you to lunch in his POS Ford and says, "Yeah nice car you got there....but can it do this? Call home." And the freaking car calls freaking home!

and he only paid $25k
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

Sounds like your next picture posting will be on auto trader.
      03-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
      03-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
fondeezy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i - 6MT, M-Sport

Honestly, a lot of people still don't use, or care for, bluetooth in their cars. I know it sounds crazy, but they don't. I would rather have the option of not having it then paying extra on the sticker to make it standard. A great thing about a BMW, aside from the performance, is the range of available options to tailor the car towards your needs and wants. Sorry to hear that you did not get the car with the correct options included. Next time you purchase a 50K plus car, I would suggest to check the standard and optional equipment to ensure satisfaction. I would not blame BMW NA for ignorance on your part. It's unfortunate, but not their problem.

I haven had any issues with sharp edges or shoes getting destroyed. Looking at my car, and the ingress and egress process, I can't understand how you could ruin a shoe.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
There are &quot;hacks&quot; to do this. Search on this topic and you will find them. Several use OEM parts. All require some coding.
What words should i search for to get my phone and the car to talk to each other?

It's sad when your friend is driving you to lunch in his POS Ford and says, &quot;Yeah nice car you got there....but can it do this? Call home.&quot; And the freaking car calls freaking home!

and he only paid $25k
Try MULF and Bluetooth, but remember, it's a hack: you have to remove panels, add wiring, install some cheap parts, and get a professional with the right gear and knowledge to program it.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #21
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Yeah the next time I get to work via a track day event and get home via an auto cross event I'll understand why they made BT an option.

Till then the SOB who thought it was a very good idea to make this an "option" needs to be introduced to an ass kicking!

Yo dumb ass! Ford has this as standard feature. So what you saved all of $3.50 you put a nice car behind a Ford Focus w/r to customer day to day use.

As for the seats, man those freaking rails are shart as hell! I had a bottle of water in the back seat. It was punctured by the time I got home. They need to put a cap on the end of those things. I guess I'll just hot glue the edges so as to prevent cuts.

Look don't get me wrong, it's a nice car. It's better than the Z. Much better looking than the Rx-8 and much better than the S2000 and sounds better.

But why oh why did they cut corners like this? It could have been a great car! But then again don't want to make those 3 series guys pissed off i guess?
Appreciate 0