BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermat1313 View Post
If my car is safe to drive at 140 mph in traffic on the autobahn, there certainly has to be some condition in the U.S. where 100+ mph driving is safe.
Sure, on the track.

You absolutely cannot compare roads in rural texas to the autobahn... I'm not even going to waste time with an explanation on this, but suffice to say just because you think it's the autobahn, doesn't mean the people going to grandma's house for her 70th birthday party thought it was the autobahn when they merged on.

My comments have nothing to do with the OP or his driving habits... I could care less if he wraps his car around a tree, or never does... but he shouldn't put other people in danger and I think that is where most people are taking offense with his selfish behavior. Even if he never crashes into anyone else physically, you never know how motorists are going to react when someone is barreling down the road overtaking them at 3x the speed they are traveling. They could panic and swerve out of the way violently causing them to crash into someone else/the guard rail, etc.

There is no amount of spin or perspective that will make this kind of excessive speed okay... in the law (or any other sane person's) mind.

If you want to go fast, please take it to the track.
Appreciate 0