BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #45
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Who's blowing a HPFP every miles, or have catastrophic failures on highways leaving them stranded? Have you been reading a different forum?

As for where I'm getting this information, I'll just start with these links. If you want more just let me know.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...highlight=HPFP
#3 is an April Fools post, just to let you know.

The last had a successful repair.

These posts you list don't show the extensive numbers of failures every few miles, nor do they show the large number of stranded owners, nor do they discuss the now mythic "catastrophic" failure, whatever that is.

I'm going to guess that you're referring to the HPFP problem when you use the words "catastrophic failure", but then why post "reoccurring HPFP problem and then "cata failure" as if it's something different?
Sure, it makes your post look like you're pointing out more than is there, but it also makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about, just to let you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #46
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

#3 is an April Fools post, just to let you know.

I realize that. The idea was that people are actually so fed up with this that they're making jokes about it.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into some forum pissing match with you. You're defending the car and I understand that.
I NEVER said that the car had "catastrophic" issues. I'll explain again, read slowly, I was responding to someone else who said that the issue is catastrophic. The poster was acting as if catastropic failurs were just typical German (un)reliability, which is silly.

My statements were not meant to be stated as known facts. I've never owned one of these cars and I don't know anyone who has. But I've owned enough cars to know that this car's issue, even if it is only the HPFP, is enough to make me stay away from it. When I used the plural, issues, I was referring to the HPFP failing repeatedly. One HPFP fail is an issue. Failing every other month is issues.
Also, the questions I asked were rhetorical, I wasn't really asking for an answer. And yes, someone getting in an accident may not have happened, but it's not an impossibility and I don't want to be the first. Even limping a car to the garage to have HPFP's replaced is not acceptable to me.
Bottom line, again, is that if I'm going to go drop $30k on a car with only 10k miles, I'm not going to get one that has even a 15-20% chance of the HPFP going bad regularly.

Last edited by JD3; 04-09-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #47
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A3 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennislaw View Post
Uh oh. I've had my 2010 about 9 weeks, but only have 1047 miles - so far no long cranks. Do you know what month (and year, although I assume 2010) your build was? Mine was late Nov 09, I did an ED 25 Nov 09.

pge

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I jsut now saw your question about the build date on my 135. It was October 2009. Did you start with long cranks yet?

I got mine back from the dealer and they did the software update but said my pump was already the up to date version so it was not replaced since I didnt have any codes or SES etc. Its only been 3-4 days but no long cranks since.
      06-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #48
rotts4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A3 TDI

Its now been a couple of months and so far so good on my reflash. No long cranks and the car has 4500 miles now.
      06-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #49
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcd223 View Post
they found 10% ethanol in my tank, and my SA reminded me to always use top tier gas. I always fill up at exxon mobile, and since my gas was fine, I will continue to do so.
Very true. I only use Shell 93 octane (or Exxon if out of town) and never stop at no-name gas stations.

Maybe people with bad fuel pumps should also post which gas stations they use.