BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
MOCKBA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 convertible

Neat CA feature

I guess we already discussed how to get 1 locked with a key inside. I want to take only metallic key with me when go to gym. It can be stored in swimming suit pocket, so I shouldn't worry to damage my fob key when I swim or take sauna. I use to do that with my previous car without CA. So I was wondering if I can lock my fob in car without extra efforts as putting it in a shield box, and magic happened. I could put fob key in arm rest compartment and lock car with a metallic key. Car can't be open on touch after. Another cool feature (sorry for guys having cars 2010 and up), I can operate trunk with metallic key, so I locked car, then open trunk with the same key and take out my gym outfit. Thanks BMW for smart CA design.

PS I remember some question if metallic key is really oily, yes it is.
      06-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

don't ever lose the metal key at the Gym or you will really be screwed. :-) Of course, you don't need CA for this, the non CA cars will also work this way.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
MOCKBA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 convertible

I will be careful. Actually there was draw back. After using metallic key my car forget all setting for fob and seems not getting them back even after using fob for opening car.
So now not AC on, no iPod screen, DLR, no 3 flash….oh gosh, I have to do all these settings again.