BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Can I somehow fit xenon headlights with halogen bulbs on my car which has

Hey guys,

I would like to have lci headlights on my car. Those with angel eyes and eyebrows (aka xenon). I want them for their looks (not because they are xenon) and later buy something like OSSDesign led rings for them.

I know you can somehow (relatively) easy retrofit them but because of local laws I'd need to add washers system for headlights, do some coding, maybe even deal with local bureaucracy and more, otherwise my car won't get permission for drive on roads.

So, wouldn't be much easier and cheaper to buy lci xenon headlighs and somehow put halogen bulbs inside instead of xenon?

(Please don't eat me for such a "dumb" idea. If someone (like DEPO) would already make those BMW M4 DTM Style 3D led rings I would already buy those.)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Yes. There is a sticky in the DIY section to retrofit LCI xenon headlights into halogen cars. Rewiring is required.
I actually performed that project and it can be done. It will just take a day or a weekend project.
      10-17-2017, 05:05 AM   #3
Crematoriant
Thane
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

I found only "halogen to xenon". I didn't find any "halogen to xenon headlights with halogen bulbs".

Mind if you redirect/navigate me to the right thread?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Once everything is rewired like in the thread you found that I wrote and documented. Instead of using HID bulbs, just slap a halogen bulb in there with a D1S base if one can be found or mcgyver your own to secure it into the projector.
It can be done it just takes work and creativity.