BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #1
7smurfs
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

N54 Issues and Injectors - what is correct???

So I have a feeling that injectors are the issue. I've been getting 29e0 Fuel mixture codes on cold start which sometimes turn into SES light/limp mode which cannot be removed until I delete codes via JB4.

Managed to isolate the issue to being cold start only and once car is warm, i no longer get any further limp modes for at least 3 days or so.

I've changed the coil packs, spark plugs and done intake cleaning to no avail.

Anyway, my guess is injectors however they cost $2200 for a set of 6 here in Australia, which is a ton of money!! So I really want to make sure that it is the issue or look at replacing only the problematic ones.

I have since taken it to 4 independent bmw workshops for diagnosis and all they have managed to tell me was.... don't know, codes don't say anything other than you're running rich.... keep driving it! This has gone on for over 6 months now.

Anyway, so for injectors I've been told
a) If I have > v10 on my car already, then I can replace one faulty injectors with injector revision > 10. If i have <v10 injector on my car, will have to replace a bank

b) Any injector revisions can only be replaced by the exact same revision. However if you replace with the latest (12), you need to replace all 6.

What is correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

You should replace the injectors in banks, front and rear. Plus you have to code the injectors to the DME. You can find videos on how to do this. You can buy theses injectors STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FJ1050 , these are the bmw injectors at half the price. Has the bmw logo but not the bmw retail box.
I bought mine from rockauto.
      07-14-2015, 02:24 AM   #3
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

IMO dont bugger around at minimum change a bank of 3, I'm going to be doing all 6 of them for a piece of mind as you dont know when the others could fail (if you only change 1 bank, the older injectors could fail in a few months time)

You can get the injectors cheaper than $2200, try ecs etc?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Rock auto has them for $112 each, you can't beat that price anywhere.