BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Poptarts
Private
Rep
Drives: responsibly

Ziza H8 LED Angel Eye bulbs

Hello,

I've recently purchased these used from a fellow member of this forum and wanted to share my experience with them on my 2011 135i.

The construction quality seems good and installation was very simple:

1. Open the head light back cover (on the passenger side it's tight, you've got to move the parts around (AC stuff?) a bit.

2. Remove the stock H8 bulbs. Rotate them about 1/3 turn counter-clockwise then pull out straight. On one side the rubber seal was sticking and it was difficult pulling out. Also it's better to have small hands (not my case...) since I left the back cover on at the bottom. Make sure the rubber seals came out with the bulbs, if not remove them from the socket after.

3. Unplug the connector. You've got to remove 2 tiny plastic clips on each side, be very gentle you don't want to break the tabs.

4. Insert the LED bulbs, look at the shape of the metal socket, it's in T-shape and once installed the T is upside-down. Useful to look at it first. If not inserted at the right angle the bulb won't insert completely (guess how I know

5. Connect the LED connector to the car connector. On the car connector one contact has 2 wires, the other only one. I connected the LED blue wire to the contact with the 2 wires.

6. Do a quick test to make sure it works. With he fob open the car, the angel eyes should turn on. Lock the car to turn off.

7. I chose to routed the wires towards the bottom of the back cover. Since it may create a leak in the seal, I'd rather not let running water get into the light assembly.

8. Close the back cover and secure it with the springs metal clips.

9. Attach the ballast and regulator (2 small metal housings), I used zip ties to attach them to one metal clip. I will check in a while that they don't move.

Now enjoy a much nicer color than stock halogen!!
It is not much brighter but that's not what I was after.
I love the new color, matches well the xenons. Basically you me it looks like my car jumped from the early 2000's to a recent mode

Bottom line: super happy!

Pictures:
- Left = LED, right = stock
- Angel eyes only
- Angel eyes + xenons
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxadn View Post
7. I chose to routed the wires towards the bottom of the back cover. Since it may create a leak in the seal, I'd rather not let running water get into the light assembly.
It did create a leak in the seal, and running water or not it is open and you may have condensation issues. You might want to rethink this strategy.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Poptarts
Private
Rep
Drives: responsibly

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check today, weather is really bad and humid, that should be a good test...

Will try to improve it this weekend, however there's no room inside the light assy! (Xenon + adaptive beam)
Appreciate 0