BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Epic Auto Care in Jersey City - DO NOT USE

A warning to my fellow forum mates. Do not use epic auto care in Jersey City, NJ for any automotive needs.

The workers at the shop are good people, but the owner is a dishonest liar. There have been issues with lying and misrepresenting the prices quoted over the phone (for standard services) vs. what is charged.

Also, they foolishly broke my wheel lock by using air tools to remove even though before removing I gave explicit instructions not to use air tools.

Ignore the bogus self-written praise you may read on the yelp and others - you're better off elsewhere.

Just a word to the wise.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
GarrettF
Former E46Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 S52 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
A warning to my fellow forum mates. Do not use epic auto care in Jersey City, NJ for any automotive needs.

The workers at the shop are good people, but the owner is a dishonest liar. There have been issues with lying and misrepresenting the prices quoted over the phone (for standard services) vs. what is charged.

Also, they foolishly broke my wheel lock by using air tools to remove even though before removing I gave explicit instructions not to use air tools.

Ignore the bogus self-written praise you may read on the yelp and others - you're better off elsewhere.

Just a word to the wise.
I am happy someone else has the same feelings I do about this place.

I went to this place for an alignment on he recommendation of someone who used their services in the past.

I was upcharged nearly double the listed price for the alignment because I have a BMW. I was told alignments on these cars are more difficult and take a lot more effort. BULLSHIT!

They couldn't even get the car into spec.

I will never go back.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

good place in the area is Bergen Imports Inc. or BII for short ... good people ... I have been dealing with them for about 8 years and my family has been going there way before that ... great body shop and mechanic work ... Harry, the owner loves German cars and he specializes in Porsche, Audi, VW, Benz, and BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
tommy
Benz Interloper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 Benz C230, 1990 CRX ZcSi

Yep, I have used Harry's place for both of my cars (inspections, mechanical, and bodywork), and their work is topnotch. Only negatives are the sh*tty location and their lack of status updates (which I guess is only normal for shops that are popular these days). I'd recommend them without reservation.
Appreciate 0