BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #23
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPG D33Z View Post
Car looks great! Can never go wrong with some fat lips
Thanks man! Lovin' the deep dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Yeah I walked into a dealer in mid july, found a car. Some stuff happened (they dropped my first car off the truck at the dealer in southern jersey when it was being loaded for the dealer transfer)

Two weeks later and my car was sitting at the dealer. One problem though. It showed up in the afternoon the day before I had to travel to Puerto Rico for a week and I couldnt make it before the dealer closed.

Before my flight left I stopped at the dealer with a flashlight at 4am to spot my car through the fence. Then I had to leave it there for a week...tough times. ha! I ended up signing for it and driving away on August 16th.
Im honestly surprised a passing cop or security guard didnt think I was trying to steal a car.

Thats crazy though. I didnt know how many people basically went through the same stuff I did.
Now that's a crazy/awesome story! I'm glad you finally got the car you wanted... even though it's pretty much blown up in every possible way since then. Your username was strangely prophetic, wasn't it?

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
Stig'sM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #25
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Now that's a crazy/awesome story! I'm glad you finally got the car you wanted... even though it's pretty much blown up in every possible way since then. Your username was strangely prophetic, wasn't it?
I made a new username on this site in 2009 when my top went south. Its actually reactionary and made purely out of frustration

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #26
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

looks real sick!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #27
.:1of1500:.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dream is dead.

Car looks good. I really like the trunk spoiler...hrmm.

You've got some mismatched roundel issues with the wheels and the ones on the car.

I can't get myself to like aftermarker Roundels with variant colors. To me it looks cheap. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:1of1500:. View Post
Car looks good. I really like the trunk spoiler...hrmm.

You've got some mismatched roundel issues with the wheels and the ones on the car.

I can't get myself to like aftermarker Roundels with variant colors. To me it looks cheap. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Thanks!

I know what you're saying about the roundels, though. I fully agree. My old wheels were Breytons which were black with a red stripe, so the Red+Black carbon fiber look worked very well (especially with the interior being red too). Now that I have silver in the wheels, the red just didn't look right so I had to go with plain black and white to match the black and silver better. But nobody that I know of makes a CF trunk roundel for the 1 series. Maybe they do now, but for a long time none were available and I'm not sure where to get one. The hood I can do easily, but the trunk's a pain. So for now it stays badly mismatched while I try to figure out how to go about fixing the trunk. I don't want to just get stickers again because in my experience they fade and peel in 6 months except for the current ones which were made by a forum member and are super durable. Bimmian stickers just suck.

I understand you wanting to stick to the original colors too. It's really the "true" BMW colors. But as I mod the car more and more, I just think about it more as contributing to the accents and color scheme. When I put the red and black on, it was mostly just to have a single, cohesive theme with the black and red. Blue and white just clashes with my colors too much, what can I say? Lol.

But thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. And though our thoughts on changing the roundels in general may differ, you are correct, my roundels are ugly mismatched.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #29
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
Wheels look great on it!
      06-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #30
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

Super clean, well done!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #31
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I used dinoc 3m carbon fiber on all mine and holding up very well. I have a lot and if u need some to do ur shoot me an pm with ur adressi will send u some to try it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Thanks!

I know what you're saying about the roundels, though. I fully agree. My old wheels were Breytons which were black with a red stripe, so the Red+Black carbon fiber look worked very well (especially with the interior being red too). Now that I have silver in the wheels, the red just didn't look right so I had to go with plain black and white to match the black and silver better. But nobody that I know of makes a CF trunk roundel for the 1 series. Maybe they do now, but for a long time none were available and I'm not sure where to get one. The hood I can do easily, but the trunk's a pain. So for now it stays badly mismatched while I try to figure out how to go about fixing the trunk. I don't want to just get stickers again because in my experience they fade and peel in 6 months except for the current ones which were made by a forum member and are super durable. Bimmian stickers just suck.

I understand you wanting to stick to the original colors too. It's really the "true" BMW colors. But as I mod the car more and more, I just think about it more as contributing to the accents and color scheme. When I put the red and black on, it was mostly just to have a single, cohesive theme with the black and red. Blue and white just clashes with my colors too much, what can I say? Lol.

But thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. And though our thoughts on changing the roundels in general may differ, you are correct, my roundels are ugly mismatched.
Appreciate 0