BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #23
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
if he posts links to negative remarks about vrsf there could be backlash from this forum. Becareful with negative remarks towards that company. Ive been warned for asking questions to try and figure out how to distinguish v1 and v2 dps from them.
Interesting. Didn't realize the post was in the practice of protecting sponsors. Doesn't really surprise me though. We're still waiting for the classifieds section rules..
      05-10-2015, 11:14 PM   #24
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Interesting. Didn't realize the post was in the practice of protecting sponsors. Doesn't really surprise me though. We're still waiting for the classifieds section rules..
I think sponsors should absolutely be protected in their own threads since the pay to be able to advertise. But on individual threads that are started by the non sponsors I feel they should not be protected. Specially if the info that might hurt the sponsors reputation ends up helping quite a few of the community.

Classified rules will be a good thing. Sounds pretty busy from a moderators stand point though. I think it will eventually happen. We can always stand as one and use the report function to notify the moderators and help them find the problems.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #25
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
I think sponsors should absolutely be protected in their own threads since the pay to be able to advertise. But on individual threads that are started by the non sponsors I feel they should not be protected.
This is what I was referring to. Not crashing someones sale thread is common decency.
      05-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #26
GrizzNazzty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimtism
Hey guys, I was wondering if 335i N54 downpipe fits N54 135i?? I know they both have same engine so it will fit but just wanna make sure Thanks
My VRSF down pipes fit PERFECT.... Great investment
      05-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #27
GR1P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzNazzty View Post
My VRSF down pipes fit PERFECT.... Great investment
+1

I was hesitant but it fit perfect and came thermal coated for free.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
KA SHING
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 135i

Garage List
I got VRSF DP last summer, fitment was great, no issue! BUT after i went to the dealer to change the turbo under warranty, the dealer didn't install back the DP right. Now there is a tacking noise under the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #29
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
You keep saying that and I don't doubt it. However, my experience has been very different, as has that of the installers who have worked on my car. I do not know which version I have and I was unable to find information on discerning between the two.

Besides, what good does the redesign do to those people who bought the downpipes prior to the redesign? They're left to deal with the issues on their own. I haven't heard about VRSF making it right with those guys, and people need to have an idea of what they can expect if issues were to arise down the road with any of their products.
No problems with mine, but I have the V2. From what I've seen, the company has been pretty good about diagnosing and fixing issues with its product(s), so I would say you are in the minority. The old adage "You can't please all of the people all of the time."

Even though this wreaks of a troll post, if the OP reads the above - there is a vendor (Mike@x-ph) that is personally guaranteeing their fitment to anyone who purchases. I think that's a pretty strong statement - and I can tell you from experience that if you buy it from him, and it's not right, then Mike will fix it for you. Most of the vendors and sponsors here understand the speed at which their name can turn to shit via forums, so I've found that the legitimate ones survive, and the illegitimate ones quickly evaporate. That said (and this isn't meant to offend anyone, especially MuNkY), the whole getting in trouble for negativity towards vendors is a little blown out of proportion - since it seems that everyone who wanted to do that has done so albeit backhandedly in this thread already.

Good luck OP. I think you should get AR downpipes. They are the best.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #30
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
No problems with mine, but I have the V2. From what I've seen, the company has been pretty good about diagnosing and fixing issues with its product(s), so I would say you are in the minority. The old adage "You can't please all of the people all of the time."

Even though this wreaks of a troll post, if the OP reads the above - there is a vendor (Mike@x-ph) that is personally guaranteeing their fitment to anyone who purchases. I think that's a pretty strong statement - and I can tell you from experience that if you buy it from him, and it's not right, then Mike will fix it for you. Most of the vendors and sponsors here understand the speed at which their name can turn to shit via forums, so I've found that the legitimate ones survive, and the illegitimate ones quickly evaporate. That said (and this isn't meant to offend anyone, especially MuNkY), the whole getting in trouble for negativity towards vendors is a little blown out of proportion - since it seems that everyone who wanted to do that has done so albeit backhandedly in this thread already.

didn't take offense, just so its clear. it is real though. i still have my message and email of an infraction with posts quoted in it. also others pm'd me about the same thing happening. definitely not blown out of proportion. the thing is most people dont feel its worth speaking up to have a source of info taken away or being banned from the community. so they stop answering questions about fitment issues. just like i did. in fact i stopped posting just about anything on the month my infraction was active. i didn't want to get banned so i didn't post anything anywhere since i didn't see where i went wrong. i also even had posts and threads deleted so i couldn't be drawn into anything or something be quoted that i said. saw a couple people post the same thing so i figured i might have some leeway here. plus its not so much this side of the forum but ... another side. like i said no offense taken, just saying my side.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #31
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
didn't take offense, just so its clear. it is real though. i still have my message and email of an infraction with posts quoted in it. also others pm'd me about the same thing happening. definitely not blown out of proportion. the thing is most people dont feel its worth speaking up to have a source of info taken away or being banned from the community. so they stop answering questions about fitment issues. just like i did. in fact i stopped posting just about anything on the month my infraction was active. i didn't want to get banned so i didn't post anything anywhere since i didn't see where i went wrong. i also even had posts and threads deleted so i couldn't be drawn into anything or something be quoted that i said. saw a couple people post the same thing so i figured i might have some leeway here. plus its not so much this side of the forum but ... another side. like i said no offense taken, just saying my side.
;[

Okay i love you.

BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #32
quick99si
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post

I did not make a troll post. All of my comments in this thread are factual. I will gladly furnish pictures and contact information to VRSF or the moderators.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #33
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did not make a troll post. All of my comments in this thread are factual. I will gladly furnish pictures and contact information to VRSF or the moderators.
Not you, homie, the OP.

Haven't heard from him at all since he created this thread.

Don't worry quick99si, I love you, too. I wouldn't mine you "furnishing" some pictures of you in pajamas. PM me for my mobile number.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #34
loesch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport

That just got weird
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #35
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep

In a hurry.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #36
loesch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport

Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 11:09 PM   #37
Experimental
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328d M-sport Wagon

I've had my own issues with VRSF DPs which I've posted about before. I had contact with Tiago over at VRSF regarding a set of DPs I ordered directly through them. At first, it was "Not a problem. We'll take care of it!" to "Just to be sure, have your install shop check the install again" (which the shop had already rechecked) to "Well...could you take photos of the install so we can check for ourselves."

At some point, it's just more hassle than it's worth over a little rattling here and there. However, if I were to do it over again, my car would be running AR Design DPs.

Now, of course, had Tiago just done the exchange to begin with to satisfy a complaint on their down pipes installed by a well known, reputable shop, I would instead be posting positive reviews as to how well they take care of their customers. But hey, this is the route he decided to take.

Now, with that said, this is just my experience. By the number of DP sales that have resulted in happy customers, chances are new orders will be just fine. But that doesn't change my personal experience with VRSF.

Last edited by Experimental; 05-20-2015 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2015, 11:22 PM   #38
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimental View Post
I've had my own issues with VRSF DPs which I've posted about before. I had contact with Tiago over at VRSF regarding a set of DPs I ordered directly through them. At first, it was "Not a problem. We'll take care of it!" to "Just to be sure, have your install shop check the install again" (which the shop had already rechecked) to "Well...could you take photos of the install so we can check for ourselves."

At some point, it's just more hassle than it's worth over a little rattling here and there. However, if I were to do it over again, my car would be running AR Design DPs.

Now, of course, had Tiago just done the exchange to begin with to satisfy a complaint on their down pipes installed by a well known, reputable shop, I would instead be posting positive reviews as to how well they take care of their customers. But hey, this is the route he decided to take.
I do understand your point of view about the hassle , but also keep in mind that a manufacturer cannot just send free sets of downpipes to every customer unless he is sure that the problem is from the downpipe not installer.
We deal we 80 manufacturer and they all ask for pictures if a part does not fit before they send a replacement.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2015, 11:45 PM   #39
Experimental
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I do understand your point of view about the hassle , but also keep in mind that a manufacturer cannot just send free sets of downpipes to every customer unless he is sure that the problem is from the downpipe not installer.
We deal we 80 manufacturer and they all ask for pictures if a part does not fit before they send a replacement.
Thanks for your response Mike, especially for taking the time on a product that wasn't sold by you (I mean that - no snarkiness intended.)

Keep in mind of this though - we went from a simple "no problem, we'll take care of it" situation, to a "well...have your install shop take another look at it" (on my dime btw) to "well...take some photos for us to look at them too." That doesn't inspire much customer service confidence. Now, I don't know about you, but for me time = money.

If were to add up the time and money from driving to and from and paying the install shop to have the DPs looked over again and taking time away from paying gigs to adjust the DPs myself, I'd pretty much be at a set of AR Design DPs...so for me...it was definitely a situation of "You get what you pay for."
      05-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #40
quick99si
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Their fitment issues are well documented and shared between a large number of people who have voiced their concerns. VRSF has openly acknowledged this by revising this design. Requesting such extensive documentation (not to mention the added expense) is merely a stalling tactic, the end goal of which is to hopefully have the customer cut his losses and drop the issue altogether. This has worked with the person to whom you are replying as well as the person replying to you now.

And you are gravely mistaken in asserting that we want free sets of downpipes to be sent to us. We want downpipes that fit in exchange for the money we paid.

This has not happened for reasons known only to VRSF. It is therefore important that prospective buyers be aware of this so that they are better informed about what they're potentially getting into.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #41
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Their fitment issues are well documented and shared between a large number of people who have voiced their concerns. VRSF has openly acknowledged this by revising this design. Requesting such extensive documentation (not to mention the added expense) is merely a stalling tactic, the end goal of which is to hopefully have the customer cut his losses and drop the issue altogether. This has worked with the person to whom you are replying as well as the person replying to you now.

And you are gravely mistaken in asserting that we want free sets of downpipes to be sent to us. We want downpipes that fit in exchange for the money we paid.

This has not happened for reasons known only to VRSF. It is therefore important that prospective buyers be aware of this so that they are better informed about what they're potentially getting into.

Please read the thread starting by page 1 and you will see that i was the first one to acknowledge that the V1 had fitment issues.
That being said Experimental did not say whether he had V1 or V2.
I do understand that you will not be keeping both downpipes, but the shipping cost will be considered a loss on the manufacturer side. All manufacturers require a proof before sending a replacement.

If VRSF has officially said that the V1 do not fit and you have a V1 then yes you should be entitled to a free set.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #42
Experimental
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please read the thread starting by page 1 and you will see that i was the first one to acknowledge that the V1 had fitment issues.
That being said Experimental did not say whether he had V1 or V2.
I do understand that you will not be keeping both downpipes, but the shipping cost will be considered a loss on the manufacturer side. All manufacturers require a proof before sending a replacement.

If VRSF has officially said that the V1 do not fit and you have a V1 then yes you should be entitled to a free set.
According to the invoice, here's the model of the downpipes: N54EX100. The invoice does not specify V1 or V2.
      05-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #43
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimental View Post
According to the invoice, here's the model of the downpipes: N54EX100. The invoice does not specify V1 or V2.
You would need to check this with VRSF

Appreciate 0