BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
jclaib7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Black Shadow Edition

Dent Removal, Now There's a Rattle

Had Dent Wizard remove a dent in the rear side panel of my car. They had to take out the rear seat and rear side interior panels now there is a rattle on the rear driver's side.

How do I remove the interior rear side panel? It's the panel with the armrest attached to it.
      03-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Take it back to the Dent Doctor and complain!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Attached Images

03-06-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

I have used PDR, but not on a BMW, and had good results 2X.

But I would not let one of those guys with a coat hanger touch my car if they had to remove anything more complicated than maybe a door card, and even then, I'd be watching them while they were doing it and saying NO NO NO if I had the slightest apprehension.

An exception would be a good body shop, with which you have had good experiences in the past. Body shops sometimes do a little PDR as part of a larger repair, and if they are good, they don't hire clowns, plus they generally know how to take things apart and how to put them back together.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I have used PDR, but not on a BMW, and had good results 2X.

But I would not let one of those guys with a coat hanger touch my car if they had to remove anything more complicated than maybe a door card, and even then, I'd be watching them while they were doing it and saying NO NO NO if I had the slightest apprehension.

An exception would be a good body shop, with which you have had good experiences in the past. Body shops sometimes do a little PDR as part of a larger repair, and if they are good, they don't hire clowns, plus they generally know how to take things apart and how to put them back together.
Agree. You get what you pay for.
      03-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #6
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Really? Sometimes you get less than what you pay for, and other times you get more than what you pay for. In a perfect world, you get exactly what you pay for.

The Dent Doctors are OK guys. The new car dealers use them especially when it hails. Remember they are used to save money, and in almost all case, they beat having to use the traditional methods of a body shop to remove body damage.

Finally you should be ware that the very best Dent Doctors will have a tough time removing some dents. In these cases, they can improve the looks of the damage but not get it perfect.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #7
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
Really? Sometimes you get less than what you pay for, and other times you get more than what you pay for. In a perfect world, you get exactly what you pay for.

The Dent Doctors are OK guys. The new car dealers use them especially when it hails. Remember they are used to save money, and in almost all case, they beat having to use the traditional methods of a body shop to remove body damage.

Finally you should be ware that the very best Dent Doctors will have a tough time removing some dents. In these cases, they can improve the looks of the damage but not get it perfect.
Hey! Don't mess with my perfect world! Haha!

Actually, some of those 'dent removal' businesses do quality work.

When I first took possession of my car I neglected to notice a couple of small dents in my hood. When I brought it to the attention of my dealer they called Eric at Absolutely Dentless. He worked his magic and completely removed those two little dents. You'd never know they were there. It was a perfect job in my perfect world.
Attached Images

Last edited by Esteban; 03-07-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0