BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

3series with 1M bumpers? so why so hard for 1series?

Sooo.. here is my question.. over at the E90 boards there are a whole bunch of E90/E92/M3s and even F30s with 1M bumpers yet it seems Kerscher is the only one with one avaliable for the 1series guys.

-First off where are these guys getting these bumpers from? (all from LTBMW which gives no love to our 1ers other then Jzhang since he is local to them and probably does all their photos lol..)
-Are the OEM 1M bumpers or are they afterkmarket?
-If aftermarket who makes it.. can't be kerchser which I may add isn't that cheap..
-1M owners and other 1series owners hate on people who want the 1M bumper yet all the 3 series guys are giving thumbsup with their conversions.. why so many haters over here??

Anyone got any additional information? Just curious.... not looking to get the bumper right now until there is a cheaper option but just wondering...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

It's probably just oem since the 1M was made from a M3 parts bin I'm sure the fender sizes are the same so it's bolt on. On the other hand the 1 series needs major modifications to get an oem 1 m bumper to fit. Of course, I am just guessing and have no idea
      05-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Check my new thread =).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Grayson
Heisenberg
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
It's probably just oem since the 1M was made from a M3 parts bin I'm sure the fender sizes are the same so it's bolt on. On the other hand the 1 series needs major modifications to get an oem 1 m bumper to fit. Of course, I am just guessing and have no idea
No, thats not correct.

The 1M bumpers you see on the e9x's are, for the most part, from LTBMW. The first ones they made were a combination of OEM 1M bumper and the e9x bumper molded together. I can't speak to the fact that they're mass producing them yet, or if they have any plans to. I also haven't seen any other sites beginning production of the bumpers, but it may happen soon.

As for 1addicts hating on 1M bumpers on 135/128's, that's just stupid. I've spent over 6 years on the Bimmerforums board and almost every single non-M E36 has an M3 bumper.

When I purchase my 135i in the next few weeks, the first thing I plan on doing is throwing a 1M bumper on and nobody is going to say anything because it will look awesome. Any BS you get from putting a 1M bumper on your car is going to be from 1M owners who think you're trying to steal the show.

*EDIT*
Here you go

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

OP - take a look at this...

Kerscher Who? LTBMW 1M Front End!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695531
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
No, thats not correct.

The 1M bumpers you see on the e9x's are, for the most part, from LTBMW. The first ones they made were a combination of OEM 1M bumper and the e9x bumper molded together. I can't speak to the fact that they're mass producing them yet, or if they have any plans to. I also haven't seen any other sites beginning production of the bumpers, but it may happen soon.

As for 1addicts hating on 1M bumpers on 135/128's, that's just stupid. I've spent over 6 years on the Bimmerforums board and almost every single non-M E36 has an M3 bumper.

When I purchase my 135i in the next few weeks, the first thing I plan on doing is throwing a 1M bumper on and nobody is going to say anything because it will look awesome. Any BS you get from putting a 1M bumper on your car is going to be from 1M owners who think you're trying to steal the show.

*EDIT*
Here you go
welcome..more members like you are needed
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Grayson
Heisenberg
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
welcome..more members like you are needed
Thanks, looking forward to my stay

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
No, thats not correct.

*EDIT*
Here you go
      05-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
OP - take a look at this...

Kerscher Who? LTBMW 1M Front End!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695531
Ohh... nice nice.. just a few hours after I posted hahaha.. I already see some hating on that thread lol....
Appreciate 0