BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #111
BritinUSA
BritinUSA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

What happened to the MIGNON today???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxMLEExXx View Post
IT'S MOVING!!!!!! It got on the Mignon!!!

Guys...This morning I check the website and called the 800 and still i got the same old. The car is at the port of exit with no shipping instruction.
I was mad..i though it missed the ship again.

So, I asked my CA who I chat with often, on Gchat...he checked the system and told me it didn't missed and was able to provide me the Bill of lading and the ships info...

So...get in touch with ur CA to check the system again....

Mignon ETA to NY 04/16!!!

HEY!! Did anyone notice what happened to the Mignon today ??? After sailing from Southampton, England, late last night/very early this morning, and heading West at 16 knots, it got to a position about 80 miles south of England and then suddenly slowed right down to barely 1 knot and started going around in circles! My first thought was that someone had jumped overboard and they were looking for him. Then my thoughts turned worse. What about if they had had an onboard fire in one of the holds and some of the cars got burnt up. Anyway, after about 4 hours it started going west again but only at half-speed. Maybe its got an engine problem - if so it will certainly take much, much longer to get here. On the other hand maybe it did have a fire and our cars (if they're not destroyed) will smell like a burn log by the time it gets here. If anyone knows what happened, please tell!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #112
LemansE82
Formally known as xXxMLEExXx.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinUSA View Post
HEY!! Did anyone notice what happened to the Mignon today ??? After sailing from Southampton, England, late last night/very early this morning, and heading West at 16 knots, it got to a position about 80 miles south of England and then suddenly slowed right down to barely 1 knot and started going around in circles! My first thought was that someone had jumped overboard and they were looking for him. Then my thoughts turned worse. What about if they had had an onboard fire in one of the holds and some of the cars got burnt up. Anyway, after about 4 hours it started going west again but only at half-speed. Maybe its got an engine problem - if so it will certainly take much, much longer to get here. On the other hand maybe it did have a fire and our cars (if they're not destroyed) will smell like a burn log by the time it gets here. If anyone knows what happened, please tell!!!!

I hope ur kidding....

If ur not....

If ur are... not funny dude..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #113
BritinUSA
BritinUSA
United_States
Rep

I wish I was. What is even more frightening is that I have checked on all the ship tracking websites (for example http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml) and the MIGNON simply doesn't exist!!! If you don't believe me, try it yourself. I have spent hours and hours searching the above sight and many others and the MIGNON has simply disappeared.

And just to make you even more suicidal, if you check the following site (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=265491000) you will see that the MIGNON was about 75 miles south of Plymouth, England this 24 hours ago heading west at 9.1kts (which equates to 10mph). So you do the math - how can the ship get from Plymouth to New York, via Halifax, Canada, in 8 days doing 10mph?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #114
LemansE82
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish I was. What is even more frightening is that I have checked on all the ship tracking websites (for example http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml) and the MIGNON simply doesn't exist!!! If you don't believe me, try it yourself. I have spent hours and hours searching the above sight and many others and the MIGNON has simply disappeared.

And just to make you even more suicidal, if you check the following site (http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=265491000) you will see that the MIGNON was about 75 miles south of Plymouth, England this 24 hours ago heading west at 9.1kts (which equates to 10mph). So you do the math - how can the ship get from Plymouth to New York, via Halifax, Canada, in 8 days doing 10mph?

As for the first link..the Mignon never showed, I was tracking that link when it first departed...

The second did confirm the vessel did a loop. I have no clue why.
That report is showing yesterday's speed, not sure what it is now.
At this point I could only hope for the best.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #115
voerman
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 530e

Quote:

The first link is for a voluntary position/weather reporting system. I suspect the Mignon does not participate. I have been tracking the Don Pasquale which also did not participate. This is the only way I know of to track a ship in the open ocean.

The second link is for an ais based system that only works near shore and then only near supported ports. Once the Mignon left the English Channel, it will be out of range until it gets close to Halifax, NS. So you have a few days to wait.

Lou
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #116
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

Iceberg?
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #117
BritinUSA
BritinUSA
United_States
Rep

OK - my wife has figured it out. She says the ship is required to do a certain number of safety checks/procedures every so often hence she's thinks that the MIGNON did a 'Man Overboard' drill and possibly a 'Engine Failure' drill south of Plymouth, England in order to be close to rescue services just in case something went wrong.

So, with that cleared up all we have to do now is pray that there are no Lexus or Acura submarines waiting in the Atlantic trying to sink the MIGNON
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #118
LemansE82
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK - my wife has figured it out. She says the ship is required to do a certain number of safety checks/procedures every so often hence she's thinks that the MIGNON did a 'Man Overboard' drill and possibly a 'Engine Failure' drill south of Plymouth, England in order to be close to rescue services just in case something went wrong.

So, with that cleared up all we have to do now is pray that there are no Lexus or Acura submarines waiting in the Atlantic trying to sink the MIGNON
I like your wife's thoughts on this matter.
You almost brought a tear to my eye.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #119
axoid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 128i

OK, it is official, I am annoyed. My car’s status has reverted back to “At the port waiting for a shipping vessel” after being unloaded earlier this week.

So I’m wondering have they misplaced my car somewhere on the dock or did they forget something and they have to send it back to Germany. I’m not really expecting an answer, just venting.

Bill [92 Camaro RS (Autocross ESP / Trackrat) | 09 BMW 128i Sport Package]
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #120
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoid View Post
OK, it is official, I am annoyed. My car’s status has reverted back to “At the port waiting for a shipping vessel” after being unloaded earlier this week.

So I’m wondering have they misplaced my car somewhere on the dock or did they forget something and they have to send it back to Germany. I’m not really expecting an answer, just venting.
My car was sitting at the dock for two exactly two weeks. My CA emailed me two weeks later saying it finally was on a ship. I feel your pain man. I was getting pissed too.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #121
axoid
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82
My car was sitting at the dock for two exactly two weeks. My CA emailed me two weeks later saying it finally was on a ship. I feel your pain man. I was getting pissed too.
It was one thing when my car was setting on a dock in Germany for a week and a half and more than 2 weeks on the boat, but now with it on a dock in S.C. it's a little different. At least in my head.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #122
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoid View Post
It was one thing when my car was setting on a dock in Germany for a week and a half and more than 2 weeks on the boat, but now with it on a dock in S.C. it's a little different. At least in my head.
Ahhh I missed that. That sucks that its sitting there in SC. I bet with my luck my car will be sitting in SC too for weeks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #123
TSiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
Ahhh I missed that. That sucks that its sitting there in SC. I bet with my luck my car will be sitting in SC too for weeks
Any bets on who gets their space gray first?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #124
BritinUSA
BritinUSA
United_States
Rep

How long has it been since ordering and paying your deposit? If you were told by your sales guy that it would be 6 to 8 weeks (as I was), and 8 weeks have now past, then I would feel justified in asking the dealership what they intend doing to compensate you. Surely, if they say 6 to 8 weeks then that means the very soonest the car will be delivered is 6 weeks whereas the very latest will be 8 weeks. If that happens to me, on the very day the 8 weeks is up, I will certainly be asking for a loaner until my vehicle eventually turns up.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #125
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
How long has it been since ordering and paying your deposit? If you were told by your sales guy that it would be 6 to 8 weeks (as I was), and 8 weeks have now past, then I would feel justified in asking the dealership what they intend doing to compensate you. Surely, if they say 6 to 8 weeks then that means the very soonest the car will be delivered is 6 weeks whereas the very latest will be 8 weeks. If that happens to me, on the very day the 8 weeks is up, I will certainly be asking for a loaner until my vehicle eventually turns up.
I ordered and paid my deposit on March 7th. My car was shipped on April 4th (after sitting at the port for two weeks) and is due into port later this coming week. It should be a couple more weeks until I get it. Which would be right around 8 weeks. I think when they say 6-8 weeks, its closer to 8 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #126
RIbimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128i, '17 i3 BEV

Quote:

Hang in there, Bill. Don't go all red mist on us!!

I was on the Don Carlos too, but I have the opposite problem: my car is at the dealer but I'm away on vacation!! You still may get your baby before I do....
      04-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #127
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIbimmer View Post
Hang in there, Bill. Don't go all red mist on us!!

I was on the Don Carlos too, but I have the opposite problem: my car is at the dealer but I'm away on vacation!! You still may get your baby before I do....
So how long does it normally take from the time it gets into South Carolina until it gets to the dealer? I know it would be different for everyone cause we are all over the country, but I was just curious how long I should expect it to be after the ships arrives at port.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #128
Bones13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i BSM/Coral

Waking up in the hotel, first morning of our college tour trip for my last son at home. TODAY the listing on OC says "at your dealer". Well my CA did promise me a "hands off" showroom floor location. I think he would not mind showing some of the stuff I ordered that the dealership never orders on their dealer ordered cars. (they order premium pack and steptronic, in a limited color set) Not sure any of them here have seen the coral red, or even the iDrive on a 1er.

Well at least its safely home, and will be under cover for this week.

So for another persons question above, Don Carlos docked Tuesday this week, and my car is listed at the dealer on Saturday.
Navigation/Premium Audio/USB/iPod
Heated Seats/Xenon/Bike Prep
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #129
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Anyone on the Georgia Highway?! Its pulling into the port in Baltimore now I believe! Next stop South Carolina on 4/17!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #130
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

Awsome news!!! I just checked the location via vessel tracker, looks like you are right. It is still going to be a long wait to the 11th of May, I sure wish that performance delivery didn't souund so cool...

TJ
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #131
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm129 View Post
Awsome news!!! I just checked the location via vessel tracker, looks like you are right. It is still going to be a long wait to the 11th of May, I sure wish that performance delivery didn't souund so cool...

TJ
Yeah, the wait has been hard enough, I don't think I could have done that lol. Its only a few more weeks though. I just wonder how long it will take to get from SC to Chicago. Hopefully not long lol
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #132
axoid
Private First Class
Rep

I got notified yesterday that my car, which has been setting on the SC dock since Tuesday last week, is finally on a truck headed north-west.

Appreciate 0