BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
breakfastreatre
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

PSA: valeo does not make a flywheel conv. Kit for the 135i (rockauto)

My dmf so I started looking for replacement of options.

It seemed that every site had the dmf backordered so I saw a single mass flywheel conversion kit listed for the 135i on rockauto and decided to order it. It comes in and it is obvious this does not fit my 2008 135i.

For one thing, the flywheel is 6 bolt.
Second thing is, there is no alignment dowel at the centre of the flywheel, but a pilot bearing.

The 128 transmission has a dowel on the end of the splined input shaft unlike the 135i

This kit is probably for the 128i.

If you go on valeo website and search 2008 135i, this kit comes up, but if you click the part number, another page comes up showing that the 135i is not listed as an application for this conversion kit.

Rockauto is not taking responsibility for this because they are saying valeo says the kit works for my car. It obviously doesn't. As well, during the return process, I uploaded photos showing the differences in the new parts and old.parts that make it impossible to install.

Don't get fooled like I did!

Another thing, 1/2009 build date 135is switched from an 8 bolt crank to a 6 bolt crank
Appreciate 0