BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
only one thing to say .......

YuP!! Willkommen zu Deutschland!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
You know...

I once considered Germany to be a place I would love to live one day. You, sir, have completly changed my mind... and I thank you. lmao. Those prices wouldnt fly in the US. For a regualr commercial vehicle us Americans (not me, just the general population) will kick their feet and demand a manager is they wait more than 20 minutes to have their oil changed and/or if it cost more than 15 US dollars. The difference amazes me...

Well, I love living in Germany. But yes, there are some quite frustrating things about livng over here. The Germans pay dearly for things we take for granted like cheap fuel and oil and not to mention basic customer service is failry non existant over here!

There is a pretty good book(a thin paperback one!) on living over here. Its aptly titled: The German Way... by Hyde Flippo. he talks about all the cultural differences.

http://www.amazon.com/The-German-Way.../dp/0844225134
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #25
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Well, I love living in Germany. But yes, there are some quite frustrating things about livng over here. The Germans pay dearly for things we take for granted like cheap fuel and oil and not to mention basic customer service is failry non existant over here!

There is a pretty good book(a thin paperback one!) on lving over here. Its aptly titled: The German Way... by Hyde Flippo. he talks about all the cultural differences.

http://www.amazon.com/The-German-Way.../dp/0844225134
Thanks. I'll check it out. Honeslty though, If I was paying 300 bucks for an oil change they would litterally have to bend over backwards for me... hehe

I can only imagine the cost of living over there. I would be afraid to ask what minimum wage is and how people can even afford to buy basic things. Then again, I could have it all wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
can128
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
About $39 USd per liter! An oil change at the dealer will run you close to 300 euros!

Normally here is what an oil change costs at a German dealer...

7L oil 29.38 times 7 = 206 euros
oil filter 12 euros
labor rate is atleast 120 euros per hour. Lets say 60 euros for a quick oil change or one hours labor IF you want a service, where they check the fluids and air pressures. lol

Oil change at the dealer cost 278 euros or $367! For a big city like Munchen I would not besurprised IF they charge over 300 euros since I bet their labor rate per hour is more than my little city I live in!

And ofcourse MOST Germans pay the dealer to do ALL the services while the car is under warranty bc without that covered dealer service stamp... their garranty is null und void. SO... everyone pays up for the service and the stamp.

And ohh... you say you also need a service loaner? No problem... thats another 30 euros per day PLUS fuel! Fuel cost $9 per gallon over here.
HOLY SHIT! I was using Castrol Syntec/Edge 0w30 at ~$11 CDN which I thought was expensive... I've since switched to BMW High Performance 5w30which I get for ~$6 CDN per litre... I gues you would consider that a steal!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
About $39 USd per liter! An oil change at the dealer will run you close to 300 euros!

Normally here is what an oil change costs at a German dealer...

7L oil 29.38 times 7 = 206 euros
oil filter 12 euros
labor rate is atleast 120 euros per hour. Lets say 60 euros for a quick oil change or one hours labor IF you want a service, where they check the fluids and air pressures. lol

Oil change at the dealer cost 278 euros or $367! For a big city like Munchen I would not besurprised IF they charge over 300 euros since I bet their labor rate per hour is more than my little city I live in!

And ofcourse MOST Germans pay the dealer to do ALL the services while the car is under warranty bc without that covered dealer service stamp... their garranty is null und void. SO... everyone pays up for the service and the stamp.

And ohh... you say you also need a service loaner? No problem... thats another 30 euros per day PLUS fuel! Fuel cost $9 per gallon over here.
WOW Dackelone thats too much $, I would ride a bike
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #28
Eazy-e
Dope-like a pound or a key
Rep
Drives: 09 e82 135i

Why is Germany so depressing?
Appreciate 0