BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
trickcruiser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
As always, well said 1Speed . So I can just buy the JB4 from **********s (or whatever), send it to BMS for the G5 upgrade (for about $150 +/-) and be set to achieve whatever?

I'm sorry to thread jack Trickcruiser....by the way, your car looks and sounds fantastic; to stay on topic
Thanks for the compliments Anger. For the G5, if your not FBO + meth it is really a waste of money. To purchase I think you still need to go directly through Terry at BMS.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
tedM1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M sport

wouldn't an active autowerkes tune solve all the issues of the board? its full ecu tune no piggy back. ive seen the 430 and plus with the same setup but one meth spray.
ETS FMIC - Riss Oil Catch Can - E92 Front Sway Bar - AFE dual scoops - DCI - TurboSmart dual port BOV's - AR design down pipes (catted) - N55 mid - Remus quad race exhaust. COBB Stage 2+fmic. V4. PRotune
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
trickcruiser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedM1 View Post
wouldn't an active autowerkes tune solve all the issues of the board? its full ecu tune no piggy back. ive seen the 430 and plus with the same setup but one meth spray.
I ran an AA tuned 335i not to long ago and it was a massacre! It is my friends boss and we are going to be putting a JB4 on it soon...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #26
tedM1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcruiser View Post
I ran an AA tuned 335i not to long ago and it was a massacre! It is my friends boss and we are going to be putting a JB4 on it soon...
really ? what happen? i ask because i want something that tunes the ignition timing and stops it from retarding back. the jb4 just raises bust and fuel trim levels? no? so the guy with the AA tune did he have the same mods as you?
thanks for the info.
ETS FMIC - Riss Oil Catch Can - E92 Front Sway Bar - AFE dual scoops - DCI - TurboSmart dual port BOV's - AR design down pipes (catted) - N55 mid - Remus quad race exhaust. COBB Stage 2+fmic. V4. PRotune
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #27
trickcruiser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
really ? what happen? i ask because i want something that tunes the ignition timing and stops it from retarding back. the jb4 just raises bust and fuel trim levels? no? so the guy with the AA tune did he have the same mods as you?
thanks for the info.
All he has is the AA tune and AA FMIC. It was not even remotely close.
For more information on the tunes you should search around on the forums and gather as much information as you can. I feel that I have a very good understanding of my tune but am not an expert and do not want to spread any wrong information. But for power, I can assure you these other tunes are making greater power than AA. Just look at dragtimes.com and you will see who is running what.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Quote:
Ted, I have yet to see an impressive AA tuned car... All the big power cars run JB4 / Vishnu.
Appreciate 0