BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
Mailey
Rep
Drives: bmw 1m

Akrapovic slip on

Hi guys, new to this forum, first post, not very interesting, but would like your efforts all the same, after 2 years of near death , working my butt off to buy one of these little beauty's, i am addicted to , no not coke or any thing in any way similar but the sound of the Akrapovic exhaust note, valve opennnnn obviously, so i am going to beg borrow and steal the money to buy the Akra, can you please advise me in Europe as shipping from the States would be too expensive , where do i buy such an item , and here's the question, at a resnoble price, as by feck they are dear in some retailers and others are so so, i have looked for days that turned into weeks, and now i am so confused about price with or without tips / control valve etc, that i have all but given up, so can some body help me and point me in the right direction, not looking for an akra for 200 euro, but at a fair price, i know they are made in small no.s, any body please, cheers Nick,,,,,,,,,
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Welcome to addiction party! The Akra does sound pretty darn nice...good thing we have two kidneys.

PM'd
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #3
Mailey
Rep

Thanks for the info, any retailer who is attempting to help in some sort of reduction, i will defiantly contact , by the way, on another note, just received my carbon splitter from China, i here you laugh, but hang on, the fit is perfect the craft-mans ship is second to none , it looks fantastic, not too big like some of the others, subtle i think i'm looking for, and was only 200 euros, well we all know they get some abuse and don't last long time, so at that price you can fit a new one every year, or when indeed you smash yours off, which could be next week !!, will take some pics and post them on plus the site if any body interested,
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #4
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Is the slip-on worth it? I saw some videos but I don't think the difference/loudness from the stock exhaust is that big tbh. The Akrapovic Evolution is very loud but the slip-on doesn't seem worth the 3000 euros price. I would like to upgrade my exhaust, but could never spend as much Akra asked for the Evolution exhaust. Any opinion please?

Last edited by mlcgd21; 01-18-2016 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailey
Thanks for the info, any retailer who is attempting to help in some sort of reduction, i will defiantly contact , by the way, on another note, just received my carbon splitter from China, i here you laugh, but hang on, the fit is perfect the craft-mans ship is second to none , it looks fantastic, not too big like some of the others, subtle i think i'm looking for, and was only 200 euros, well we all know they get some abuse and don't last long time, so at that price you can fit a new one every year, or when indeed you smash yours off, which could be next week !!, will take some pics and post them on plus the site if any body interested,
May I ask which splitter did you get? Mailey
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 04:02 AM   #6
Alby_416
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Coupé (BSM)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
Is the slip-on worth it? I saw some videos but I don't think the difference/loudness from the stock exhaust is that big tbh. The Akrapovic Evolution is very loud but the slip-on doesn't seem worth the 3000 euros price. I would like to upgrade my exhaust, but could never spend as much Akra asked for the Evolution exhaust. Any opinion please?
Consider the HMS Performance exhaust... It sounds pretty damn well and is not so raspy like the akrapovic. It has flap valve control also and its a slip-on with possibility of adding mid pipes.
Price is lower than the akra, considering buying one myself around spring time

here's a review of a fellow 1addict user:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=914108

Video (0:55 for the dyno run):
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #7
ReneFunga
Registered
Rep
Drives: The Hunter

Welcome to addiction party!
royal1688 android
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #8
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Go with a Lightweight-titanauspuffanlagen system from germany.

No valves etc, and very very loud!!
      01-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #9
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You could always just replace the oem catted downpipes w/ catless aftermarket (quality set..Akra, AR and so forth) you'll gain more pwr and sound. You'll still have the secondary cats in the mids. Could in turn put the funds you save into a pro-tune.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #10
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailey View Post
I'd like to know which splitter as well. Please give details
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #11
Mailey
Rep

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated, well the splitter is on the car and looking gorgeous , will take a photo tomorrow and show the result, will dig out the paper work too, but i do have a problem now i have put my cat-less 3" DP,S on, it sounds terrible, like a tractor, the exhaust is standard, is it the combo, any idea,s, cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #12
Mailey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
I'd like to know which splitter as well. Please give details
Will do tomorrow, cheers,,
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailey
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated, well the splitter is on the car and looking gorgeous , will take a photo tomorrow and show the result, will dig out the paper work too, but i do have a problem now i have put my cat-less 3" DP,S on, it sounds terrible, like a tractor, the exhaust is standard, is it the combo, any idea,s, cheers
Stock N54 E82M mid pipe?
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0