BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
08_128i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Vgate bluetooth adapter triggering SES dash light

I installed the Vgate bluetooth adapter and it immediately triggered my service engine soon light. So I ran the diagnostic scan through the Torque app and it is giving me multiple misfire codes, multiple cylinders. Then after a few rides the light went off. Car is running fine, I can tell you I am def not getting misfires car idles fine and runs strong just as it has always has. So what is going on is the vgate faulty? Also when I try to clear the codes it does not turn off the SES light. The torque app works fine however as far as the engine monitoring. I am hoping the light goes off soon sgain and I will not use the vgate for a few days to see if the light stays off. But the light has never gone on while I've owned the car and again the car is running fine.
Appreciate 0