BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #23
MrBimmer
Rated M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Am i the only one that experienced the flat spotting with DWS tires? no one else seems to be complaining about that. But yes, i hated the fact that my steering was so pretty shot once i put them on. I remember reading a statement about these tires that i can totally relate to.

" Every corner was a new adventure "

I really didnt feel confident driving fast with the DWS. But i will put them back on because its what i got for now, and its the best tire for the season besides getting dedicated snows. Last winter was a fluke. i think we had 1 day with like 2 inches of snow. I kept the tires on for months thinking mother nature had plans on being a bitch. I have to say that it was comforting to know that i could just leave the all seasons on no matter the temperature until i felt safe enough to put the summers back on.
      09-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotsa Stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBimmer View Post
Am i the only one that experienced the flat spotting with DWS tires?
I totally forgot about that joy with those things. I'd have to drive the Miata at least a few miles every morning
before the incessant out-of-round vibration dissipated. This malady is also well-noted on the Tirerack reviews
of these wonderful pieces of...rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBimmer View Post
"Every corner was a new adventure"
I really didnt feel confident driving fast with the DWS.
Exactly and ditto.
Appreciate 0