BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Just replaced my AA processor with a Procede

I've been running an Active processor for the last three years which has performed well on the street but has been increasingly unreliable on the track with lots of overboost CEL's

Andrew from SouthernBM has just, as a result, installed the latest Procede processor and I am amazed at the difference it has made.

For a start, at last I now have some induction noise, which I could barely hear before- sure the Dinan exhaust with resonator delete greatly improved the exhaust sound, but even with the Dinan CAI, it still lacked that something.

The "new" induction sound that I have only noticed since the Procede was installed last week, is just fantastic.

Secondly, I now get far less wheel spin in 1st gear than before. The car just bites the tarmac and flies forward like "the proverbial off a shovel" instead of a whole lot of wasted tyre destruction so the Procede boost taper in first gear works great.

Thirdly, the car does not bog down anymore during WOT gear changes- just fantastic seemless acceleration up through the gears. Brilliant.

I am also getting (I didn't expect this), during WOT acceleration up through the gears, a distinct "pop" through the rear of the car just on the point of engaging the next gear- I can only assume that it is a backfire, just at the point when the throttle is opened with the new gear.

It's a pretty gentle and not very loud "pop"- I'm not likely to be mistaken for a fire breathing Nissan GTR - but it is surprising nevertheless.

Curious to know whether any of you Procede guys are also experiencing this?

Last of all, my butt dyno tells me this chip is producing a lot more torque than the AA. And I'm still only on Map 1!

The real test will be on the track of course. I expect to try it out next month and I'll report back but for now, I can finally see what all the fuss is about with this Procede chip. Fantastic stuff. And well done, Andrew, for another faultless install job.
BMW 135I manual AW, red Coral, Procede processor, CDV, SprintBooster, H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars, Yokohama AO50's, SouthernBM camber plates, BMW Performance Rotors, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Oil Cooler, HPF Intercooler, Koni Front Sport Yellows, M3 rear subframe bushes
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Yes vishnu procede V5 is amazing bit of kit huge horsepower gain and torque for very little money.
The latest DCI firmware and maps are very powerful even on map1 very smooth you don't noticed what warp speed your doing until you look down at the speedo.
Best buy for the money,and getting better and better with each update.
      03-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Nice review. dontask... I hope you're reading this!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Glad you like Bim135AUS!!

The pop on fast gear changes is normal and has something to do with the way we tune ignition timing during a fast change when our "Bog fix" feature is triggered. This feature is triggered on a fast gear change, and does things to prevent the throttle closing as it does in standard cars and many other tunes.

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Thanks for that

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't breaking anything
BMW 135I manual AW, red Coral, Procede processor, CDV, SprintBooster, H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars, Yokohama AO50's, SouthernBM camber plates, BMW Performance Rotors, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Oil Cooler, HPF Intercooler, Koni Front Sport Yellows, M3 rear subframe bushes
Appreciate 0