BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #23
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
I can't believe everyone is bashing this guy for being upset that he received a used exhaust. I know that when I order a part I get very excited and have plans in place to get it installed right away. When something like this happens it is very disapointing and I can understand being very upset.

I am a quality manager for an automotive company and see no reason why this should ever happen. RR needs to look into their shipping controls right away to make sure this never happens again. If this does happen again it will definately make it hard for me to buy anything from them again.

This is not something that just happens so someone better be finding out why it did and take corrective actions to make absolutely sure it doesn't happen again....

My 2 cents........
I agree. The fact that the parts got mixed up seems a bit odd. Shipping the wrong part would be a little more understandable as that happens from time to time. But to ship a new customer someone else's used exhaust seems really weird.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #24
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Update:

I just heard from Anthony that my new exhaust will be on it's way on Monday. He has already refunded what it cost for me to ship the old one back. I'm really happy that Riss has been able to sort this out so quickly.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #25
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
Update:

I just heard from Anthony that my new exhaust will be on it's way on Monday. He has already refunded what it cost for me to ship the old one back. I'm really happy that Riss has been able to sort this out so quickly.
I'm glad things were straightened out. I had a 20 minute conversation with Anthony yesterday. He seemed like a great guy. I have the intake, plenum and scoops ordered, and will likely order more from them.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #26
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

See, all you giving the OP shit for starting this thread without following up with Riss first should be eating your words. Now we all have some good evidence of Riss's customer service, and they appear to be doing what needs to be done to correct this. Mistakes are made all the time, but Riss seems intent on getting things right in this case. And the forum is now witness to that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #27
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Brody (OP),

Thank you for being so understanding, and the confusion was 100% our fault. We are sorry, and are implementing a new system to make sure this never happens again. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #28
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
Brody (OP),

Thank you for being so understanding, and the confusion was 100% our fault. We are sorry, and are implementing a new system to make sure this never happens again. Thank you!

This is what I like to hear... This will help you out tremendously in the future....
      03-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #29
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Update:

Well that is nice. I've shipped three things back to them in recent weeks, the first two I notified them of the cost when I sent them the tracking number, waited until they had received it and then I still didn't receive a refund and I had to e-mail them to get it. My exhaust is on it's way back and they say they'll be refunding it when they get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #30
BMW-driver
Drive carefully :)
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 1M Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
I can't believe everyone is bashing this guy for being upset that he received a used exhaust. I know that when I order a part I get very excited and have plans in place to get it installed right away. When something like this happens it is very disapointing and I can understand being very upset.

I am a quality manager for an automotive company and see no reason why this should ever happen. RR needs to look into their shipping controls right away to make sure this never happens again. If this does happen again it will definately make it hard for me to buy anything from them again.

This is not something that just happens so someone better be finding out why it did and take corrective actions to make absolutely sure it doesn't happen again....

My 2 cents........
We do understand ofcourse(!) he is upset about the situation. But the way he solved his problem by throwing his frustration directly on the web. Ofcourse he has en purpose with it: accusing Riss and making rumoure around what had happened to him. That is not the way to handle. He should have contacted Riss immediatly, that is all.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #31
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
So a bought a Riss Racing exhaust directly from them and I got it a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to install it, but decided tomorrow is the day so I open up the box and notice that the tips are a little scratched up and the riss logo is warn off of one. Then I notice there is significant black carbon build up inside both pieces of pipes. Is there any reasonable explaination for this, or did I buy a new exhaust and get sent a used one.
To me he's pretty clear that he's just asking the question to see if it is normal. No blaming or anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #32
BMW-driver
Netherlands
Rep

^ ofcourse he is not. Why ask us? We are not involved. Ofcourse a second hand exhaust in return, and pretending it to be a new one, is not normal from any supplier. Don't you think so? Our answers would be obvious. But I guess you're missing my point. No problem. Discussion closed to me. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #33
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs1.35i View Post
^ ofcourse he is not. Why ask us? We are not involved. Ofcourse a second hand exhaust in return, and pretending it to be a new one, is not normal from any supplier. Don't you think so? Our answers would be obvious. But I guess you're missing my point. No problem. Discussion closed to me. Have fun.
So if you have any issues please don't post here about it. Some of us like to hear good and bad, even if it was a mistake. Facts are facts.
      03-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #34
BMW-driver
Netherlands
Rep

^have fun!
Appreciate 0