BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage mod

I've always gotten a kick out of garages. A mate of mine and Kenny's FullBoost had an unreal garage at his last place we used to spend a lot time talking shit in and playing around with tearing bits and pieces off his car each weekend for hours on end. If anyone has a similar story or place/garage of their own, please feel free to throw it up in this thread!

The background to this garage is as follows. We recently moved around 18 months ago to our current house that wifey fell in love with that needed renovating/improving etc (isn't it always the case!)

One of the limitations when we moved to our current digs was giving up the space we had previously on 5 acres with secure parking for 5 cars. Or as Kenny used to call it his "storage facility". We moved from this amount of space for parking cars and the like anywhere.

Into this. (which my car can barely clear the driveway)

The only saving grace was I saw potential for a man cave that could house my bikes etc and provide a place to tinker/waste away a few hours.

It was at this point the negotiations with the Minister for War and Finance began.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

That is a big change

your old house looks sweet!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

That's out Windsor way, yeah? Beautiful area! I hope to build a house up there in the distant future (easier FSR to work with than inner Sydney areas... but that's not the main reason).

We have a 3 car garage under the current house which substitutes as the workshop/storage area/gym etc - will upload a photo when i get a chance. We recently spent 10 hours rearranging with a billion shelves and overhead storage racks.

One of blokes we work with has a 220sqm garage under his house... in Drummoyne. Not sure who he paid off to get that approved lol. I'll try to get a photo.

What are your plans with the new place? How does it currently look?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
One of blokes we work with has a 220sqm garage under his house... in Drummoyne. Not sure who he paid off to get that approved lol. I'll try to get a photo.
Well... I have got a 1,550sqm garage under my place..

Unfortunately, I only have 35sqm allocated to me..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Well... I have got a 1,550sqm garage under my place..

Unfortunately, I only have 35sqm allocated to me..
Haha. Don't you own a few extra spots though... surely more than enough to cater for a 1addicts meet
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

I dream of a decent garage

We have 5 cars (daughters car plus our 4) and a double garage. The M3 is outside today cause we just cleaned the 1M after the 4 hours of driving in the rain last weekend after the coffee meet. Really shits me TBH, makes me want to move house.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post

We have 5 cars (daughters car plus our 4) and a double garage. The M3 is outside today cause we just cleaned the 1M after the 4 hours of driving in the rain last weekend after the coffee meet. Really shits me TBH, makes me want to move house.
Any chance for a carport?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
That is a big change

your old house looks sweet!
Yeah a big change! Closer to work though, everything's a trade off

This is the new place

Quote:
That's out Windsor way, yeah? Beautiful area! I hope to build a house up there in the distant future (easier FSR to work with than inner Sydney areas... but that's not the main reason).

We have a 3 car garage under the current house which substitutes as the workshop/storage area/gym etc - will upload a photo when i get a chance. We recently spent 10 hours rearranging with a billion shelves and overhead storage racks.

What are your plans with the new place? How does it currently look?
It's out near Dural/Glenhaven. So cusp of acreage in Sydney.

The new house has had three bathrooms (one in the garage level) and a kitchen installed.

Have you got any photos of the garage under the house, it sounds like a great project, post them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Know exactly how you feel. We have 4 and 1M to come. For that I have been looking for existing property with sufficient space to build a 6-car garage. Dumb reason to move and waste money.

OP, nice reno and basement btw. Are you building something else for your car(s)?
Yeah we've remodelled the garage area, details below Excuse the iPhone photos, I've just snapped them off!

Really keen to see everyone else's space, so post them up
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #9
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post

Coincidentally , we have our apartment on the market for sale at the moment..

Looking at moving back to a house.. and like all of you "addicts", my priority is the garage size..
Looking at one house now with a 7.5 x 9.5mtr garage, plus massive under house wine cellar on solid sandstone..mmmmm
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Any chance for a carport?
Well... Maybe we can add a carport/garage to the side of the house, gonna be a $20+k exercise though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Yeah a big change! Closer to work though, everything's a trade off

This is the new place

Nice mate, bit of a bat cave thing going on there.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

I miss my storage facility!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #12
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Awesome home mate.. Love the wine bottle and half empty glass on the stairs in the first few shots..

Now that's what I call garage space...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Yeah we've remodelled the garage area, details below Excuse the iPhone photos, I've just snapped them off!
nice use of space
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Another nice place Ben, congrats!
We used to have a huge 4 car garage plus storage when we were near your old house, now in the new place, the fsr wouldn't let the garage be more than the standard 2, so you still have it really good!
Appreciate 0