BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 LMB 135i

Lightbulb Sunday May 29th - 1 series drive and mini-meet?

The folks who regularly display at Exotics at Redmond Town Center are going on the road for a Chateau Ste Michelle event on Sunday. Would anyone care to meet earlier in the morning for a 2-ish hour drive in the Duvall/Carnation/Fall City area, then roll into CSM in Woodinville around noon?

Event details:

http://www.ste-michelle.com/events/w...ndarDetail/401

Not ready to spend almost $4 a gallon for gas this Memorial Day weekend? Stay close to home and visit Chateau Ste. Michelle on Sunday, May 29th from noon to 4pm for great wine, food, music and possibly the most exotic collector cars you'll ever see.

We will be hosting some of the hottest local food trucks as DJ Sureal spins the sounds of summer. Chateau Ste. Michelle wines will be sold by the glass or visit the wine shop for all of your summer picnic needs.

Food providers will include:
- Skillet Street Food
- Kaosamai Thai
- Beefy's by El Gaucho
- Parfait Organic Artisan Ice Cream
- A Happy Hot Dog

Exotics at Redmond Town Center will be parking some very special cars behind our Manor House for you to view as well.

No Admission Fee. Food & Wine available at additional cost.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
JimmyT
Redneck Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I would, but making my annual visit to tornado alley to see the Mom!!
      05-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
AJfreefaller
New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

That would be a great drive! And id probably be there except im stuck in Tornado Alley already for a couple months..... Good thing the 1er is tucked away safe somewhere else!
2009 BSM 135i/Black Boston Leather/M Sport package/Premium Package/Comfort Assist/ Stage 2 Dinan suspension/ Camber plates/ Dinan exhaust / Anthricite VMR V710's / Michelin PSS2's / P3 Vent guage ver.2 / Many other goodies I dont officially have
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Graphite Gray 6spd

That's like in my backyard. Might have to go just get some food from skillets. Mmmmm French fries and gravy and burgers with bacon jam. Yes, bacon jam.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

I'll probably be going.....might just roll with the ERTC crew. If we were to go for a drive would it just be us?
      05-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Might end up going with some ppl. Might have to leave the 1 @ home.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes my intent was to have just 1 series attend a morning drive, but at this point I won't be leading it since there wasn't anyone committed. It sounds like there is some interest later in the year though, so I will revisit the idea then.

Dane
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vv1803 View Post
That's like in my backyard. Might have to go just get some food from skillets. Mmmmm French fries and gravy and burgers with bacon jam. Yes, bacon jam.
What do you consider your backyard? I'm about 2 miles from CSM.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
What do you consider your backyard? I'm about 2 miles from CSM.
Less than a mile I say. I can hear the music down in the valley whenever they do events.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I saw some your guys ride's sitting out in the parking lot (a blue one parked on the grass, a black one just pulled in while i walked out in front). Didn't get to meet anyone there tho. Spent most of the time waiting inline for food.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
Yes my intent was to have just 1 series attend a morning drive, but at this point I won't be leading it since there wasn't anyone committed. It sounds like there is some interest later in the year though, so I will revisit the idea then.

Dane
I would have loved to do this but don't be surprised. The 1 series community here in Seattle is very unmotivated to do anything. Believe me, I tried last year - had one or two meets/drives then it fell flat. I'm usually always down for meets/drives though so I'd go if you had any ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vv1803 View Post
I saw some your guys ride's sitting out in the parking lot (a blue one parked on the grass, a black one just pulled in while i walked out in front). Didn't get to meet anyone there tho. Spent most of the time waiting inline for food.
I saw the blue one. That place was a zoo. I got grossed out and only stayed for 20 minutes.
      05-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
I would have loved to do this but don't be surprised. The 1 series community here in Seattle is very unmotivated to do anything. Believe me, I tried last year - had one or two meets/drives then it fell flat. I'm usually always down for meets/drives though so I'd go if you had any ideas
That's encouraging. I've organized, or participated in, many, many drives as part of the BMW CCA club. I know almost every fun road in Western Washington, and a lot in Eastern WA and Oregon too. I can always come up with something good. I'll try to organize at least one 1 series drive this year and see how it turns out.

Quote:
I saw the blue one. That place was a zoo. I got grossed out and only stayed for 20 minutes.
The blue one on the grass was mine.

I got there right at noon and walked right up to the thai truck and Beefy's with no lines, yet Skillet already had 20+ people in line. I don't understand how they can be so slow and yet so popular since most people don't ever get to try their food. It's the same story when they are in Sodo and in the Bellevue Barnes & Noble parking lot.

The SSC Ultimate Aero was awesome to see in person, and to a lesser extent the Lexus LFA. I was hoping for more Lambos though, especially older models like the Mirua, Countach and Diablo. Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati and such are too mainstream around these parts to be really interesting.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

^^Honestly I prefer the regular ERTC meets - they are much more chill and usually you get more special cars coming out.

If you ever want to do a quick drive just the two of us and maybe a couple M3s PM me.