BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

09 iDrive, Music Import errors

Hello Hello.

getting an error on imports, half-way through.

4GB USB flash drive full of artist/album folders in mp3 and m4a formats (some of the mp3's with VBR). I know why the DRM stuff from iTunes will not work, but that's only a couple of the albums on the drive.

any ideas why I'm getting these errors on repeat imports? i tried deleting the collection and starting over, but get the same errors, even after importing new music to add to what was already imported.

I made a DVD to import as an alternate route, but haven't tried it yet as I'd like to do it when I know I'll be running the car long enough for the import to complete.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

anyone?

i tried importing from the DVD and it just sat at 0% for at least 15 minutes (i did navigate away from that page to the radio, but came back and it was still working with the storing symbol at the top - the little circle that spins). no luck!

any ideas??

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Hmmm the only problem I had with importing was the DRM songs. Everything else imported without any problems.

I was importing from an iPod. Not sure which formats all the songs were in. Mostly mp3 and m4a I imagine.

I haven't tried from DVD yet. Sorry I can't help more.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0