BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen vs Meisterschaft - How Loud?

I currently have the N55 mid-pipes on my car and wondered if anyone could tell me which of the rear sections is likely to be the loudest?

1.) The Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen Race (Loud Export version)

Or

2.) The Meisterschaft rear section

I've already seen on another thread that the Meisterschaft with N55 mids apparently has been measured at 125db (which is a lot!). However I don't know what the Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen Race version would do.

If anyone knows, I'd like to hear!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
jl1235
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Look man,

i have already heard all of them. akrapovic, meisterschaft, titanauspuff, and all you can imagine. as for fitement meisterschaft are spot on. and also the build quality of the actual exhaust is amaizing. Not to mention the sound. it is just intoxicating it is far from nice. [It is orgasmic. [I am also in the process of installing the new 3" BMS dp and i beleive the car will sound amaizing. i am leaving the midpipe as is since i want some type of cat or else the car will smell nast nasty. i will post some pics after i install the dps and a video.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1235;125****1
Look man,

i have already heard all of them. akrapovic, meisterschaft, titanauspuff, and all you can imagine. as for fitement meisterschaft are spot on. and also the build quality of the actual exhaust is amaizing. Not to mention the sound. it is just intoxicating it is far from nice. [It is orgasmic. [I am also in the process of installing the new 3" BMS dp and i beleive the car will sound amaizing. i am leaving the midpipe as is since i want some type of cat or else the car will smell nast nasty. i will post some pics after i install the dps and a video.
Thanks

But to answer my above question, which would you say is louder? I love the sound of the Meisterschaft but worry that with the N55 mids I have installed, it will be too loud. Are there any videos of the Meisterschaft with N55 mids anywhere?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Thanks

But to answer my above question, which would you say is louder? I love the sound of the Meisterschaft but worry that with the N55 mids I have installed, it will be too loud. Are there any videos of the Meisterschaft with N55 mids anywhere?
It can never be too loud
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Look man,

I'd be interested to hear your impressions on this setup with the dp's.

Last edited by TunedM2C; 08-29-2012 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Since there is no "muffler" to speak of in the case of Meisterschaft, I bet it will be louder than the export version of the Titan. I love the Lightweight sound though, one of the very best sounds out there and I prefer these two sound characteristics you mention over Akra for example. You can't go wrong with either of them. I think you should listen to singled out versions of each and decide which you like more and just go with it without trying to decide which of the two is louder decibel wise, since they will both be loud enough!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
jl1235
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Sorry for not answering the question correctly. As EINSER M said, "if you like loud this is the setup for you. i personally love the sound but i dont know how sensitive your ears are abd what you consider loud. there are some videos of the meisterschaft section 3 with the n55 mids on youtube. just search and if you cant find it i will provide you the link to the various videos.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
.... i am leaving the midpipe as is since i want some type of cat or else the car will smell nast nasty....
I dont know what you are talking about.... Not only is that smell delicious but it means business!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Since there is no "muffler" to speak of in the case of Meisterschaft, I bet it will be louder than the export version of the Titan. I love the Lightweight sound though, one of the very best sounds out there and I prefer these two sound characteristics you mention over Akra for example. You can't go wrong with either of them. I think you should listen to singled out versions of each and decide which you like more and just go with it without trying to decide which of the two is louder decibel wise, since they will both be loud enough!
I'd love to listen to them beforehand but being in the UK, these exhausts (and 1M's for that matter) are very rare indeed. The chances of hearing either of them on a 1M before buying is very unlikely, so any decision I make will need to be made from either from experience of others on this forum and / or listening to sound clips online.

I also like to do track days of which some have strict dB limits. I think for this reason, the Meisterschaft is probably out (as wonderful as it is!). The Titan from what I've heard online sounds incredible and has a wonderful crackle and burble on the over-run which is ultimately what I'd like from an exhaust. However above all I don't want an exhaust that's going to be boomy and drone when I'm driving sedately on the highway. I made that mistake with my previous car and you couldn't have a conversation in the car at 70mph for all of the noise!

Having said that, the BMW is better insulated than my little Lotus was so even if it's loud on the outside, it's not going to permeate the cabin as much....or I'd imagine this to be the case!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
h-manuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Quote:
I'd love to listen to them beforehand but being in the UK, these exhausts (and 1M's for that matter) are very rare indeed. The chances of hearing either of them on a 1M before buying is very unlikely, so any decision I make will need to be made from either from experience of others on this forum and / or listening to sound clips online.

I also like to do track days of which some have strict dB limits. I think for this reason, the Meisterschaft is probably out (as wonderful as it is!). The Titan from what I've heard online sounds incredible and has a wonderful crackle and burble on the over-run which is ultimately what I'd like from an exhaust. However above all I don't want an exhaust that's going to be boomy and drone when I'm driving sedately on the highway. I made that mistake with my previous car and you couldn't have a conversation in the car at 70mph for all of the noise!

Having said that, the BMW is better insulated than my little Lotus was so even if it's loud on the outside, it's not going to permeate the cabin as much....or I'd imagine this to be the case!
Hi Chris

I got Matt's Eisnemann Race and with the soundpipe (un-resonated) the drone was far too much for me. I now have the original midpipe and its far better but there is still drone. From what I hear the N55 midpipe which I am contemplating will move the drone to a lower rev point but not sure if it will increase the drone level!
Current mods: Forge FMIC, N55 Midpipe, Alcantara Steering Wheel, OEM 2012 LCI Black lines, BMW Performance grilles and pedals, Ohlins R&T suspension, Supersprint Exhaust, BMS Charge Pipe, Forge Diverter Valves
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Are there any videos of the Meisterschaft with N55 mids anywhere?
Raw ripping and gurgling Meisterschaft on a special 1M:

Info about the building project:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599753
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582979

That 1M was US spec, belonged to a US Army soldier stationed in Germany, Nevs-design wrapped it with 3M Matte Grey Foil (Summer 2011), Mike did some serious car surgery (Autumn/Winter 2011), the owner put it up for sale a couple of months later with 2000 miles clocked (Spring 2012). Reason unknown (maybe he returned to the US and decided to leave the 1M behind in Europe), but not excluded that there was an issue re TüV compliance and requirement of possible retrofitting (to get the 1M street legal again for German roads) ? No probs for taking this animal out to a day at the races, though.

Over here tight regulations exist regarding tuning limitations (street legal). With such a meaty overkill set-up I would risk to be pulled over by the cops. And also my neighborhood would not be quite amused at night by the rumble.
      08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Info about the building project:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599753
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582979

That 1M was US spec, belonged to a US Army soldier stationed in Germany
Holy smokes!!!

Art thanks for the car pr0n
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
125 decibels with N55 mids and meisterschaft rear section is correct thats what we measured. i added AR catless DPs and it got me to about 127.5 decibels
that is loud people
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
125 decibels with N55 mids and meisterschaft rear section is correct thats what we measured. i added AR catless DPs and it got me to about 127.5 decibels
that is loud people
I want that so bad however the folks at LimeRock park would throw me off the track in a heartbeat!! lol

damn restrictions
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Nice front splitter on that car
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
Nice front splitter on that car
correct me if im wrong but its a revozport?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
correct me if im wrong but its a revozport?
nah. pretty sure its this one...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731080
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
youre right... Its similar but a bit more suttle/subdued that the Revozport. the vent holes threw me off (would probably still be functional as brake ducts though!)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #19
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power79 View Post
It can never be too loud
Perhaps not if you wanna play boy-racer, but otherwise, ask your neighbors ! If they are not car fans, they'll tell you that a loud car/bike is pretty offensive. To get the idea, imagine that your neighbors will start a loud party, every night when you fall asleep ...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
Perhaps not if you wanna play boy-racer, but otherwise, ask your neighbors ! If they are not car fans, they'll tell you that a loud car/bike is pretty offensive. To get the idea, imagine that your neighbors will start a loud party, every night when you fall asleep ...
LotusBoy this is never gonna work, believe me. Now, they will tell you that you can never have too many parties!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Well, you're right Ozinaldo ! If I was in Santiago like you, I would never get too many parties. When the girls are that good looking and sweet ... ;-)
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

Just had my meisterschaft exhaust installed!!, rear section only, rest is stock! Its fu........inggggggggg amazing, very very very loud, but the sound is like music, forget the videos on you tube, its better! A loud rubble at low rps, and a ferrari like scream over 5000 rpms.. Perfect fit(45min) i have a little bizzzzzzzz a 4000 rps, i think its a little ajustment under the car, but for the rest im so happpppppy! Just watch out for police...
Appreciate 0