BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Pie Run #3 highlights

Pardon the crappy iphone photos, I forgot my Canon. I'm sure others will be posting better photos but I wanted to give some highlights on the PIE RUN.

-Met at the top of Sugarloaf mtn and enjoyed, what seemed to be, an endless supply of doughnuts and coffee and OJ. The day started off with overcast and foggy, but nice and the air was cool and dry once we descended down the mountain.
-drove pulse pounding back roads to the orchard, where we bought the best homemade pies, literally, hot out of the oven. (the Strawberry pie is IMO, the best! Hoe my god! Must... have... more...
-then everyone got back in their cars and enjoyed more back roads to a German Restaurant in Hagerstown. The clouds parted and blue skies came out for the rest of the day. We filled the whole beer garden with all of the BMWCCA members and friends that attended the event. What a blast! Food and beer was great. The beer garden was very cool, it reminded me of my time spent in Germany. I didnt want to leave.
-next stop was a wine tasting in Leesburg, but the wife and I skipped that since I was fading quickly from the afternoon lunch and beverages. We drove home content, realizing the BMW event was a really nice way to spend a day away from the hustle and bustle of every day routine. We met new friends and drove some really, really nice roads. It's good to know that places like this exist.We are definitely going to be taking part in the next PIE RUN #4, in the fall. Me and the misses will most likely go to get more strawberry pies before then though. I cant wait that long for another fix.

And a special thanks to Algie and BMWCCA for hosting this event. Algie did an outstanding job coordinating the event. It was very well done. My wife now wants to go to all upcoming BMWCCA road-trip events.

Pic's below.
Attached Images

Last edited by M2; 06-07-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

That looks like a great time. I love Franziskaner Dunkel, it's good beer.
Appreciate 0