BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #23
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

just to contribute to this thread.... my dealer emailed me back today and told me they still dont know any "real" facts regarding the 1......

and the wait continues
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #24
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

well I got a call last night from the "other" dealer in town, from a guy I spoke too a while back about the 128...

he had left a message saying "We have some new information on the 1 series..."

so I called him back... what's the "new" info?

"Well we know there's going to be 2 models, a 128i with 230 hp, and a 135i with 300hp twin-turbos...can you imagine, 300 hp in a 1 series, that's going to be just fantastic."

Still waiting for the "new" info I say, "Oh yeah, so anything else?"

"Well production should be starting in January and cars arriving in March. We already have 9 people on the waiting list...blah blah blah"

...needless to say I was disappointed that his "new information" was not new at all...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #25
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobin~ View Post
well I got a call last night from the "other" dealer in town, from a guy I spoke too a while back about the 128...

he had left a message saying "We have some new information on the 1 series..."

so I called him back... what's the "new" info?

"Well we know there's going to be 2 models, a 128i with 230 hp, and a 135i with 300hp twin-turbos...can you imagine, 300 hp in a 1 series, that's going to be just fantastic."

Still waiting for the "new" info I say, "Oh yeah, so anything else?"

"Well production should be starting in January and cars arriving in March. We already have 9 people on the waiting list...blah blah blah"

...needless to say I was disappointed that his "new information" was not new at all...
yea these salesman guys dont know crap

:bs:
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #26
goinpostol
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKSC27 View Post

That's a pretty bold statement to make about a large group of people that you don't even know. As an enthusiast and a client advisor, I joined this forum both to inform and to be informed as well. I have generaly found most forums to be informative but also extremely judgemental.

Everyone wants to know the pricing of these cars, including the dealers, so there is no sense in continuing to pressure salsepeople for answers only to criticize them when you get an answer. Patience my friends...the wait is almost over. Based on the enthusiasm of the people on this forum and their relentlesness, this group will have acurate pricing as soon as it's available.

You guys will probably know before the dealers do, which makes no sense but always seems to be the case...:iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #27
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead View Post
Finally he said that he was expecting the 135 base to list for 32,000.
Sadly, his expectations might not be met....Did you ask what his expectation was based on?......
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #28
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKSC27 View Post

I agree wholeheartedly....I not only do business exclusively with Internet Managers vs salespeople, but i received that advice from a dealership owner...I do business with quite a few dealers down here, and it's the same situation with every one....the vast, vast majority of salespeople in the auto industry are ill informed about the product they sell (I've never met a salesman for a car I was interested in that knew more about it than me), jump from job to job, with the solid 5% earning 95% of the $.......true

heres how easy it was to lease my wife's Pathfinder.....looked up a particular dealer's website, checked inventory, found the vehicle I wanted,emailed the Internet manager, made a nice low bid at invoice which was accepted, since it was late December....did all paperwork via email and fax....done
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
I agree wholeheartedly....I not only do business exclusively with Internet Managers vs salespeople, but i received that advice from a dealership owner...I do business with quite a few dealers down here, and it's the same situation with every one....the vast, vast majority of salespeople in the auto industry are ill informed about the product they sell (I've never met a salesman for a car I was interested in that knew more about it than me), jump from job to job, with the solid 5% earning 95% of the $.......true

heres how easy it was to lease my wife's Pathfinder.....looked up a particular dealer's website, checked inventory, found the vehicle I wanted,emailed the Internet manager, made a nice low bid at invoice which was accepted, since it was late December....did all paperwork via email and fax....done
I'm with you there man. Internet dealing is the way to go. My dad just did that on an 08 Escalade and the price he got was just outrageously good. A sale is a sale.
      10-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #30
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

smart man.....

Logically, one can assume that the cost of doing business with an Internet Manager is less for the dealership....I could probably find out pretty easily, but my assumption is that Internet MGR is on salary, vs a salary and commission based salesperson plan. Moreover, a person buying from the Internet is probably considered a more valuable and qualified prospect, who has done their research vs an "up" (someone who walks in cold into a dealer)....
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #31
UJackM
Private
Rep
Drives:

My wishful prices
135 $33,500
128 $27,000

My realistic guess
135 $35,500
128 $29,500
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #32
msgburner
Rep
Drives:

Yeah that salesman seemed like your average dumbass salesman. haha. Talking with the military sales rep, from what he has said so far is that cars should be avaliable around march/april timeframe. And that in europe there is already a huge waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #33
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

I am apparantly one of those dumb assed sales people

I have been a Client Advisor with BMW 9 years. We DON'T know any more than you do because BMW ISN'T talking. I sat in a black sapphire 135 in Chicago in August and I am #3 on our waiting list. Enthusiasts who have the time to search the web and read the forums will probably have their information before we do. I have no clue on pricing but I am hoping and praying for a 33, 34 base. One of the presenters in Chicago slipped that he had been contracted by BMW to do a "1" school in early March so I don't know if it is PRE or POST release. but believe me when I say nobody is more anxious for the pricing and release than me. I get about 8 - 10 calls a day. We currently have 6 on the wait list for 135 and 1 on the 128 list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgburner View Post
Yeah that salesman seemed like your average dumbass salesman. haha. Talking with the military sales rep, from what he has said so far is that cars should be avaliable around march/april timeframe. And that in europe there is already a huge waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #34
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

I have been a Client Advisor with BMW 9 years. We DON'T know any more than you do because BMW ISN'T talking. I sat in a black sapphire 135 in Chicago in August and I am #3 on our waiting list. Enthusiasts who have the time to search the web and read the forums will probably have their information before we do. I have no clue on pricing but I am hoping and praying for a 33, 34 base. One of the presenters in Chicago slipped that he had been contracted by BMW to do a "1" school in early March so I don't know if it is PRE or POST release. but believe me when I say nobody is more anxious for the pricing and release than me. I get about 8 - 10 calls a day. We currently have 6 on the wait list for 135 and 1 on the 128 list.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #35
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP, F85, E70, G07

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [0.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinpostol View Post
That's a pretty bold statement to make about a large group of people that you don't even know. As an enthusiast and a client advisor, I joined this forum both to inform and to be informed as well. I have generaly found most forums to be informative but also extremely judgemental.

Everyone wants to know the pricing of these cars, including the dealers, so there is no sense in continuing to pressure salsepeople for answers only to criticize them when you get an answer. Patience my friends...the wait is almost over. Based on the enthusiasm of the people on this forum and their relentlesness, this group will have acurate pricing as soon as it's available.

You guys will probably know before the dealers do, which makes no sense but always seems to be the case...:iono:

I can see in my experience in dealing with at least a dozen and a half client advisors, I have come to the conclusion that non of them know their ass from their elbow. Of course, I have not met every CA, and I do realize that there are CA's that love BMW's and are knowledgeable - I have to find them in person.

But welcome to the club! Try to get some of your co-workers involved.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #36
jvette
Rep
Drives:

there are no 1 series in miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBighead View Post
During my lunch break i stopped by the local dealership to ask around and see if they knew anything i havent heard on here. After they ignored me for a bit because of what car i drove in with and becuase i am not over 50 years old i finally got some help. (Apparently the dealership mostly caters to that age bracket. Here in Asheville, NC people are more into Subarus i guess.)

The salesman and i talked for a bit and he said BMW sent him to Miami to see the new 1 but he saw a black 128 and he was really impressed. He was saying that he was going to get a 135 when as soon as they came out. Also, he said that the 135 will be getting around 30 mpg highway and 35-36 for the 128. Finally he said that he was expecting the 135 base to list for 32,000. Also, he said that they were taking dumby depoists but no one had put their name in yet and i would be the first. He said i needed to put around 2k down and then update the order when pricing came out. He was saying that he expected they would get their first cars around the end of the year.

All that said, this guy was pretty uninformed right? He seemed to know what he was talking about sometimes and then at others he seemed a little off. What do you guys think about what he said? Also, is it usual for them to require 2k for a deposit? He said they already had 7 M3 preorders.

Anyways, i just wanted to see what you guys think about it all. Hope to hear from you soon!
there are no 1 series in miami.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #37
jvette
Rep
Drives:

there are no 1 series in miami
Appreciate 0