BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #1
FPSCanada
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Monaco blue Metallic BMW 135i

e46 exhaust on 08 135i?

Hey everyone,

This' my first post so forgive me if i do anything wrong...

Has anyone ever fitted an e46 m3 mid pipes on a 135i? My dad installed remus axle back and another brand of mid pipes a few years back, but he still has his oem mid pipes and i was wondering if it would fit on my 08 135i... I cant seem to find anyone who has done it.

If that doesn't work (wont be surprised), I'm essentially trying to remove the "whine" from 1500-3200ish RPM (Yes I've removed the girlfriend from the passenger seat ). It almost sounds like the the exhaust gas is being restricted or held back & it really irritates me. I know there's probably 1000 posts on this but i haven't found a post with someone specifically looking to remove the sub 3200rpm "whine".

Would n55 mids fix this? Possibly cut out the muffler? What would be the best exhaust to have a nice low end growl that isn't really raspy or obnoxious? (its my daily)

Thanks.