BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #199
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx128 View Post
anybody knows a place in Houston TX to get this upgrade? thanks.
Schmiedmann.com will deliver world wide.

You only need to the tweeter pods and then have a dealer code your radio to work with the HiFi amp.

E82 135i Hifi system, Alpine
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...94&hg=65&fg=95

RETROFIT KIT HIFI SYSTEM ALPINE
http://www.schmiedmann.com/en/654121...er.aspx?ppp=10
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #200
gcbm
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0i, e82 135i

Re Schmiedmann.com

Absolutely correct re Schmiedmann shipping world wide. Not only that but shipping is very quick and reasonably priced HOWEVER.......
pray that nothing is damaged in transit as the after sales service is all downhill.
No amount of emails or photos etc will help you as they simply will not want to know you. DHL may sympathize with you but as the shipment was made by Schmiedmann only they can lodge any claim etc.

I ended up out of pocket for the damaged tweeter surrounds for my e90 which I paid over $200 for so my 'cheap' Alpine upgrade suddenly became much more expensive when I was faced with the double wammy of buying another set at local $tealer pricing. I know of another member on the e90 forums who had a similar experience with Schmiedman and was similarly out of pocket as they just ignored his emails etc.

Given the poor packing of my shipment (the door surrounds were bent and subsequently cracked so they would fit in the box, then finished off by DHL because of the poor packaging) it's likely that this would not be a one off so be warned!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #201
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbm View Post
Absolutely correct re Schmiedmann shipping world wide. Not only that but shipping is very quick and reasonably priced HOWEVER.......
pray that nothing is damaged in transit as the after sales service is all downhill.
No amount of emails or photos etc will help you as they simply will not want to know you. DHL may sympathize with you but as the shipment was made by Schmiedmann only they can lodge any claim etc.

I ended up out of pocket for the damaged tweeter surrounds for my e90 which I paid over $200 for so my 'cheap' Alpine upgrade suddenly became much more expensive when I was faced with the double wammy of buying another set at local $tealer pricing. I know of another member on the e90 forums who had a similar experience with Schmiedman and was similarly out of pocket as they just ignored his emails etc.

Given the poor packing of my shipment (the door surrounds were bent and subsequently cracked so they would fit in the box, then finished off by DHL because of the poor packaging) it's likely that this would not be a one off so be warned!!
Here here - I wouldn’t touch those lying bastards with a barge pole!!! If anything is broken or damaged in transit they won’t want to know you and will make you pay - so much for buying cheap parts. They are crooks and can’t be trusted.

BE WARNED....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #202
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Here here - I wouldn’t touch those lying bastards with a barge pole!!! If anything is broken or damaged in transit they won’t want to know you and will make you pay - so much for buying cheap parts. They are crooks and can’t be trusted.

BE WARNED....
Yep. I got mine from them and the price + shipping is great but if it is damaged when you get it you're screwed.

Mine arrived with one of the tweeters damaged. The dome of the speaker was pushed in.

As you can see from the pic it comes with a grille over the top and for the purposes of shipping it also had a cover over that - neither of which were damaged.

This suggests that it was sent out already damaged.

They told me that to claim warrant I would need to post the entire kit back to them (paying for postage myself) and then they would consider my claim...

I ended up researching the individual part number and getting a new tweeter through my dealer - for $90.

Also, for any Aussies reading this thread, depending on the method of postage you select, some people have been hit with import duties when the kit gets to Oz. Do a search for DB Schenker in the Aus forum... (they're a freight forwarder and a bunch of crooks.)