E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bayside BMW -- Bayside, NY

05-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Bayside BMW -- Bayside, NY

Sales staff are not the nicest people, and i've heard they give the younger crowd a hard time. I'm young but for some reason I haven't had a hard time at all, but I've heard many people say they have had a hard time. One good thing about them is that I've found they have very very competitive pricing for the NY/LI area. So if you don't care about marginally rude salesmen then try this place for price purposes.

Service, Garbage. Don't get your car serviced here unless you want to get a headache. Even for warranty repairs they give a hardtime!
      05-24-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Sales staff are not the nicest people, and i've heard they give the younger crowd a hard time. I'm young but for some reason I haven't had a hard time at all, but I've heard many people say they have had a hard time. One good thing about them is that I've found they have very very competitive pricing for the NY/LI area. So if you don't care about marginally rude salesmen then try this place for price purposes.

Service, Garbage. Don't get your car serviced here unless you want to get a headache. Even for warranty repairs they give a hardtime!
I too look young and is younger (26). Sales staff was very nice to me. Price is decent I guess, I didn't get such a great deal but I didn't get screwed. Service I heard was bad, but I heard Rallye (near by) is bad too. I dunno where to go ?? Leaves me at Manhattan

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

fusionnv, how far are you from Freeport? If not far, you could try Hassel BMW too, though I don't have any personal experience of their service dept.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
dmbigs
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

I purchased from BMW of Oyster Bay last night, im 24, and I really enjoyed the whole purchase experience there. It is a very small dealership (bring your own financing they only use BMW financial), but they gave me a ver good deal without much negotiating, the salesperson (David) was very knowledgable, and he brought me on 3 test drives before I bought. I highly recommend to any young NY customer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
leosong11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I've placed my order at BMW Bayside and I thought the service was good.. I guess it depends on who you talk to. As for the service, I hope they are not as bad as you guys say..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #6
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosong11
I've placed my order at BMW Bayside and I thought the service was good.. I guess it depends on who you talk to. As for the service, I hope they are not as bad as you guys say..
From reading post on another forum, there is a guy named tony which is the guy to see in service. I have no idea if he is still there or if there is a bunch of tonys. It be funny if the guy left like 3 years ago and they Muterfukers everybody that comes in here always ask for a tony.

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #7
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Check out Wide World, Spring Valley NY. Very easy to deal with. Contracted at $1500 off MSRP on e90 330 white/terra 6mt, SP, PP, CWP, sat prep. Anticipating end July delivery. Ask for Billy, he was great. I am however an old man compared to you guys (mid 40s), but I look young.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

wish1: can you please post pics of your white/terra combination once you get it? Tons of members here have been looking for photos of this. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
rxchris
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i E90 Jet Black

Re: BMW Bayside

Tried to order an E90 325i, spoke to a sales rep, I can't remember his name, but he was Asian. Told me there are no "deals" or "offers" currently on 325's, only X3. I told him I didn't want an X3, so I went up to Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley. I got $3k off MSRP over there. Very pleasant experience, and I'm glad I didn't buy from Bayside.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
stratstrummer
Private
Rep
Drives: Want a 330i soon.

Do they do European Delivery at this dealership?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #11
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxchris
Tried to order an E90 325i, spoke to a sales rep, I can't remember his name, but he was Asian. Told me there are no "deals" or "offers" currently on 325's, only X3. I told him I didn't want an X3, so I went up to Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley. I got $3k off MSRP over there. Very pleasant experience, and I'm glad I didn't buy from Bayside.
I went to that guy last night! I don't know how he still works there. I told him what I wanted but he said it would better to get a car of lesser value. Meaning no navigation or premium package. I was like WTF? Going to Rallye this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #12
lknbimmers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90/G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnyc
I went to that guy last night! I don't know how he still works there. I told him what I wanted but he said it would better to get a car of lesser value. Meaning no navigation or premium package. I was like WTF? Going to Rallye this weekend.
If you are planning on visiting Rallye BMW in Roslyn, please see George Kanes. George knows his cars and equipment and won't feed you the typical bs.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #13
SENECA™
STOP SNITCHIN'
Rep
Drives: Modded M3

I bought my car from Hassel in Freeport, 2 people I deal with are Javier and Joe C. top notch salesman
      02-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknbimmers
If you are planning on visiting Rallye BMW in Roslyn, please see George Kanes. George knows his cars and equipment and won't feed you the typical bs.
I went to Chris Micheales. He sold my parents their 530. He gave them a good deal. He game me a good deal as well on the 330

BMW, please get rid of the RFT's and give us a spare tire!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #15
godzmod
Private
Rep
Drives: 330ci 2004 SMG

my friends mom working at bmw of manhattan and now she working at wall street bmw center. she given me pretty good deal with my 330ci 2004 smg now bmw offer me the brand new 330i 2006 with fullyload for free, replace the 330ci 2004, cuase something wrong with my 330ci SMG.
----------------------
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #16
lknbimmers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90/G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnyc
I went to Chris Micheales. He sold my parents their 530. He gave them a good deal. He game me a good deal as well on the 330
Is Chris at Rallye as well? I first met George when he was a salesmen for Acura. That was over ten years ago.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 08:09 AM   #17
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lknbimmers
Is Chris at Rallye as well? I first met George when he was a salesmen for Acura. That was over ten years ago.
Chris is still there. I like his no bs, let's make a deal attitude. He tells you everything upfront. Good guy. I reccomend him.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #18
gscone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo, 2017 BMW M

Re: Bayside BMW

I was there this weekend looking for a deal on a 330i. The saleman I delath with was absolutely terrible. i dealt with an Asian/Korean dude whom works in the back and he refuse to even negotiate. Then he asked me what car I currently drive and I told him I'm driving an M45 sport and lexus RX 330, then he started to immediately kiss my rear end. Walked up outta my seat and told him he needs to start taking customers seriously because I'm serious and was going to get 2 vehicles within the next 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscone
I was there this weekend looking for a deal on a 330i. The saleman I delath with was absolutely terrible. i dealt with an Asian/Korean dude whom works in the back and he refuse to even negotiate. Then he asked me what car I currently drive and I told him I'm driving an M45 sport and lexus RX 330, then he started to immediately kiss my rear end. Walked up outta my seat and told him he needs to start taking customers seriously because I'm serious and was going to get 2 vehicles within the next 6 months.
Definitely try Rallye. I thought they would give me a crappy deal because they are in a high net worth neighborhood, but they gave me the best deal.
I dealt withe Asian guy at Bayside. I don't think he knows what customer service is.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #20
norwesterman
Rep
Drives: 335 08/SGry/prem/sport/cold/ca

I have been servicing at Bayside, which is OK. Was jerked around with stupid deal by salesman for new one. Stopped by Oyster Bay, sat with Charlie, and came out with easy great deal with virtually no negotiation. 330 ordered, on ship now; very happy with his efforts and putting good deal on table up front.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #21
CrazyDesi
Custom User Title:
United_States
Rep
Drives: 89 325ic, '06 330xi

Garage List
1989 M3  [0.00]
1989 325ic  [0.00]
I had to deal with this shit recently...I needed a car right away so I had to get something off the lot....

Bayside -- skum bags! The sales staff is very disrespectfull. When we were looking for an e46 for my brother we had a very bad experience with a sales person. This dealer ship sucks big nuts.

Hoever I know a few of the people in the parts department as I have owned E30s for a while now Carlos in parts is very cool...

Rallye -- there is this Asian dude there his name is pronounced Show.... he is really cool. He autocrosses also so he will let you beat on a car during the test drives. The only thing which bugged me about this dealer was that they promised me a car they could not get. I really wanted to give my buisness to this dealer but they could not get the car I wanted. Their service is great I understand they have 24 hour drop off.

Competition -- this is where I ended up getting my car from. I have not been there yet as I did the whole deal on the phone. However as a warning....they did burn the paint on my brother's e46 when they were prepping it for deli every. I think they have great prices but they have a very pushy sales force.

Habberstad-- they are also cool one of the track instructors from the CCA works here.....that is about all i can say. They have inflated prices. They dont have a high pressure sales enviroment but again it all comes down to The dollars.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #22
gscone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo, 2017 BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDesi
I had to deal with this shit recently...I needed a car right away so I had to get something off the lot....

Bayside -- skum bags! The sales staff is very disrespectfull. When we were looking for an e46 for my brother we had a very bad experience with a sales person. This dealer ship sucks big nuts.

Hoever I know a few of the people in the parts department as I have owned E30s for a while now Carlos in parts is very cool...

Rallye -- there is this Asian dude there his name is pronounced Show.... he is really cool. He autocrosses also so he will let you beat on a car during the test drives. The only thing which bugged me about this dealer was that they promised me a car they could not get. I really wanted to give my buisness to this dealer but they could not get the car I wanted. Their service is great I understand they have 24 hour drop off.

Competition -- this is where I ended up getting my car from. I have not been there yet as I did the whole deal on the phone. However as a warning....they did burn the paint on my brother's e46 when they were prepping it for deli every. I think they have great prices but they have a very pushy sales force.

Habberstad-- they are also cool one of the track instructors from the CCA works here.....that is about all i can say. They have inflated prices. They dont have a high pressure sales enviroment but again it all comes down to The dollars.
Oye Crazy Desi- KIddhan?