Views: 682
Size:  1.40 MB
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #112
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

How is it the 1M just looks so much more beefier than the M3? Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #113
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi
How is it the 1M just looks so much more beefier than the M3? Awesome.
+1 it has a great bulldog/pit bull stance
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #114
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

i think people are forgetting the simple supply and demand aspect when asking the "obvious" questions on why this car is selling for so much. because people want them. because there aren't a lot of them out there, and people aren't willing to part with them without a price.

i've owned a lot of cars. i will own a lot more. 6 cars in 5 years to be exact and 3 motorcycles during that time as well. i'm a complete auto enthusiast. my fiancee thinks i'm just flat nuts, but she doesn't get it. i can say honestly, that the 1m is the first damn near perfect car i have ever driven. the power to handling ratio is just spot on! i added a little more power (not much, just a mild cobb tune) and had a custom ohlins suspension installed, and it just got BETTER! the squat stance and small frame are just ideal for a car like this. there's also a personality that is just amazing. i've never been hooked to a car like this...ever.

that said, yes...i'm selling it. not because i don't think it will increase more, because i do. we're starting a family. i need something else. it needs to go to someone who can appreciate it and take care of it like i have. i cannot have it as a main car, and my fiancee needs a car too. so with two cars, buying a house, needing more room...i have to move on and give the joy to someone else.

am i going to miss it? absolutely! will i regret it? possibly. can i say that it's been the best car i've ever owned? no question.

but i can pass that joy to someone else...it's someone else's turn to get their "dream car", and that's actually ok with me.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #115
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post

that said, yes...i'm selling it. not because i don't think it will increase more, because i do. we're starting a family. i need something else. it needs to go to someone who can appreciate it and take care of it like i have. i cannot have it as a main car, and my fiancee needs a car too. so with two cars, buying a house, needing more room...i have to move on and give the joy to someone else.
what you getting next? why can't you use it as your 'main car'? I think these seem perfectly fine as daily drivers.....
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #116
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
what you getting next? why can't you use it as your 'main car'? I think these seem perfectly fine as daily drivers.....
Child seats fit yes, but it can get annoying after a while having to buckle unbuckle your kid with folding seat in your way.
      04-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #117
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
i cannot have it as a main car, and my fiancee needs a car too. so with two cars, buying a house, needing more room...i have to move on and give the joy to someone else.
Don't do it. My 135is is my daily driver and a school bus for my two 4 year olds. A 1 series is perfect for a family of 4. I can even fit a bumbleride twin stroller in the trunk.

http://web.bumbleride.com/uk/

NO JOKE, this sucker will fit in the trunk of your 1er.
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #118
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Recently put money down on a loaded Audi SQ5. Way more room...entirely different car, and perhaps will get back into the sport car factor again at some point...but for now, and SUV is really what we need.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #119
Sparks1M
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Recently put money down on a loaded Audi SQ5. Way more room...entirely different car, and perhaps will get back into the sport car factor again at some point...but for now, and SUV is really what we need.
Don't do it! I had two little kids needing child seats when I bought the M1. They both love it. We also have an SUV for when needed. Along came kid No.3 - so we can't all fit in the M1. So far it's ok - my argument to the Mrs is that we can't have the whole family in both cars at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #120
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

i should mention the other reason too...

I have had 7 knee surgeries in the past 3 years (left knee). 3 of them were reconstructive in nature, and I even have a meniscus from a cadaver now. but the last one was really, really scary. because my knee is so constantly inflamed, and because my knee could not fight off infections that the body normally shrugs off...I received a serious staff infection in the knee and it became septic. I was in the hospital for 5 days straight following another emergency knee operations. afterwards, i could not walk for another 3 weeks (typically the case for each of my surgeries), i had blood poisoning and i had to have a PICC line installed in my left arm for 3 weeks as well.

why have a car that you cannot fully enjoy? if i have dr's appointments (and i've had many; one nearly every other day during my illness), i needed to borrow my fiancee's car and take her to work in the morning because she had the only automatic. i don't want to do deal that again.

so i'd rather move on...as hard as it might be. it's a tough decision, but then again...it's not.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #121
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Quote:

I have had 7 knee surgeries in the past 3 years (left knee). 3 of them were reconstructive in nature, and I even have a meniscus from a cadaver now. but the last one was really, really scary. because my knee is so constantly inflamed, and because my knee could not fight off infections that the body normally shrugs off...I received a serious staff infection in the knee and it became septic. I was in the hospital for 5 days straight following another emergency knee operations. afterwards, i could not walk for another 3 weeks (typically the case for each of my surgeries), i had blood poisoning and i had to have a PICC line installed in my left arm for 3 weeks as well.

why have a car that you cannot fully enjoy? if i have dr's appointments (and i've had many; one nearly every other day during my illness), i needed to borrow my fiancee's car and take her to work in the morning because she had the only automatic. i don't want to do deal that again.

so i'd rather move on...as hard as it might be. it's a tough decision, but then again...it's not.

Great looking BSM 1M....!!

You should also post in 1M section under member classifieds.

Ouch on the Knee stuff!...maybe you should swap out the 6MT for DCT?...

GLWS....
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #122
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:

Get well soon. You have all the right reasons to part from the 1M at this moment. Life is not made of pleasant decisions all the times. You can always buy another one in the future when conditions permit.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #123
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Quote:

So sorry to hear this but like when Metak had to part with his car, it's for the right reason. That is one helluva history you have. You can't put a price of your health. I hope the car goes to a very loving home. Get well soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #124
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
So sorry to hear this but like when Metak had to part with his car, it's for the right reason. That is one helluva history you have. You can't put a price of your health. I hope the car goes to a very loving home. Get well soon.
Dang, MeTak is out too? That sucks....it's like we're dropping like flies.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #125
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n
Quote:
A lot of the original owners still have there cars, I think that they are not as active on the forum anymore. Surprised to see that Jezzer is selling his, not sure what will replace it ?
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #126
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
A lot of the original owners still have their cars, I think that they are not as active on the forum anymore. Surprised to see that Jezzer is selling his, not sure what will replace it ?
Metak's sale was for a noble and perfectly understandable reason: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800379

Jezzer 'Mats Man' selling his 1M too ?

Boy, we're getting old...
      04-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #127
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Quote:
No worries - 1M forum lurkers such as myself will probably end up pulling the purchase trigger here shortly...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #128
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

wow...touching story. i always liked and respected MeTak. great guy!

yeah, the health issues...that'll get ya every time.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #129
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Hey bud, hope that pesky knee finally settles down and lets you get on with life. I tore my right meniscus and it took me 3 years of therapy/pilates/rest before I felt it was back to being decent.

I am sorry to hear that you're parting ways with my 1Ms twin out there but I totally get the reasoning.

Good luck with the family and life in general.

Quote:

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 1
      04-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #130
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
A lot of the original owners still have there cars, I think that they are not as active on the forum anymore. Surprised to see that Jezzer is selling his, not sure what will replace it ?
Still got mine. And still mostly still lurking. Although I'm also stalking the M3/4 developments. As occasionally I think about the convenience of having rear doors for my boys to jump in an out of.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #131
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit
Quote:
Still got mine. And still mostly still lurking. Although I'm also stalking the M3/4 developments. As occasionally I think about the convenience of having rear doors for my boys to jump in an out of.
I have to admit I am tempted by the M3 more than the M4 but I am just going to wait and see what developes with the M2. Still not sure if I will ever part with the 1M ?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 05:43 AM   #132
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n
Quote:
you're going to be bored out of your mind with the SQ5 man! don't do it. If you're gonna go for an Audi go for an RS5!

you don't have kids yet so not worth planning IMO. Once upon a time I bought an A3 quattro thinking we were gonna have kids 'soon' and fast forward 3 years and we still haven't given a baby the OK signal to get conceived. From that lesson I decided it's better to live for today! Good luck and all the best for your knee recovery!
Appreciate 1