BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Boston leather, anyone have any quality information?

Looking to settle a debate, having a hard time finding reviews specifically directed on the quality of leathers used in different models and makes.

Does anyone know where I can find some comparisons or reviews on the Boston leather that's included in the 1series? The reviews do not need to reflect the 1series, but the materials used in construction. Any additional links to the nappa and merino leathers would be a bonus.

If youre curious, the other car in question is the new 2008 altima and the new/newer maximas in their respected leather interiors.

Thanks in advance guys

:roundel:
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I was looking at the new Altima Coupe before and heard lots of bad things about Nissan leather. When I was considering buying one I lived on their forums. http://forums.altimas.org/zeroforum?id=243
Do a search in the general section. A few months ago when I was active in the forum there were atleast 3 topics just about how bad the leather seats were in the Altima along with a bunch of other quality issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I talked to a neighbor who has a 2 year old X3 and a 1 year old Z4M which both have leather. He has had no issues and loves the leather. I asked him about leatherette, but he has never seen it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
I talked to a neighbor who has a 2 year old X3 and a 1 year old Z4M which both have leather. He has had no issues and loves the leather. I asked him about leatherette, but he has never seen it.
The leatherette covers the center drivers armrest in the 1er on all cars, even with the leather option.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0